Whos gone/going back?

Old Feb 10th 2007, 6:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute
Default Whos gone/going back?

I dont very often venture in here but like to have a read of a few threads now and then to get both sides. There was also a period when I hardly came onto the site at all and have kind of lost track if where everybody is.

I've just spotted a few names that I didnt even realise either had or were planning on going back to the uk. For example, Juliecabs and Geordie George.

Which other regulars over the past year or two have or are returning?

Tracey
Old Feb 11th 2007, 10:28 pm
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whos gone/going back?

Originally Posted by tracey.d View Post
I dont very often venture in here but like to have a read of a few threads now and then to get both sides. There was also a period when I hardly came onto the site at all and have kind of lost track if where everybody is.

I've just spotted a few names that I didnt even realise either had or were planning on going back to the uk. For example, Juliecabs and Geordie George.

Tracey
Hi Tracey,

Mr GG and I may be in a slightly different position to other returnees on BE, in so far as we always planned to move back to Blighty. Our move to Sydney was never intended to be forever, so we're just sticking with our original plan. What wasn't part of the original plan was to end up as ping-pongers. But I think we will be. I can't see us ever settled in either place forever - we like both equally too much to be happy in only one. Still, it's only money.
Old Feb 12th 2007, 12:36 am
Forum Regular

atkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of light

Hi
Unfortuantly we are going back in 12 days time, it just didnt work our for us here.
Good luck to anyone waiting to go home, I know how hard it is when you dont want to be somewhere.
Old Feb 12th 2007, 1:57 am
going home!!

mandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by atkinsfamily View Post
Hi
Unfortuantly we are going back in 12 days time, it just didnt work our for us here.
Good luck to anyone waiting to go home, I know how hard it is when you dont want to be somewhere.

we are going back too! i was originally amanda76, we have been here since end june, and will be heading back beg of aug if all goes well with doggy! aus not for us at all, dont think we will be ping pongers, but never say never.........had some breathtaking experiences and wouldnt have swapped it for the world, no regrets, but really really happy about going home!
Old Feb 12th 2007, 4:03 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Think you'll find Juliecabs is already back home?

I'm another going back at the end of next year, once uni is finished. I've tried every trick in the damn book to make this work for me. It aint happening!! It's been a great experience and I've learned so much about myself. It's been the most heart-wrenching thing I've ever done and I really don't think it's worth all of the pain to be honest.
Old Feb 12th 2007, 4:24 am

MrsB is an unknown quantity at this point

Tracey
Well, dunno if I count as a "regular" - been here 2 years - but always hang out in this forum as it's much friendlier and I'm just not part of the "aussie glee club".

We will hopefully be going back at the end of this year, or more likely early part of next year - not too long I hope - I've put up with homesickness (still going on) and depression (now better) for 2 years and can't live the rest of my life doing this.

We've had some great experiences, and it's a good place for 2 or 3 years, but for the rest of your life? Nah! It's not worth giving up what we had in England, just for an extra few weeks sunshine!!!

As as Tracy said - you learn so much about yourself!!!!
Old Feb 12th 2007, 6:10 am
FPM
Banned

Location: knuckle dragging, cultureless, boring, dingo oblivion
FPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond repute

Sussing things out this year, but hopefully will get over there in 08.
Old Feb 12th 2007, 6:57 am
Naughty but nice...

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Well I want to wish all the bast to all those, coming, going and all places in between

As my old mum said, live today as if it's your last because tomorrow just might be
Old Feb 12th 2007, 7:14 am
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

There's a few names there I remember. Good luck to you all and good on you for giving it a go

You've had an experience that many never get the chance to try.

Tracey
Old Feb 12th 2007, 7:22 am
going home!!

mandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to behold

There's a few names there I remember. Good luck to you all and good on you for giving it a go

You've had an experience that many never get the chance to try.

Tracey

thats exactly how i try to look at it, on the good days!

the bad days are another story
Old Feb 12th 2007, 9:35 am
JoD
Forum Regular

JoD is a name known to allJoD is a name known to allJoD is a name known to allJoD is a name known to allJoD is a name known to allJoD is a name known to allJoD is a name known to allJoD is a name known to allJoD is a name known to allJoD is a name known to allJoD is a name known to all

Tracey
Not sure I'm a regular either, but I did put out a few posts around this time last year when I was struggling to make a decision whether to go home or not - and now I've been back in the UK for almost a year and loving every second of it. I'm glad I went to Canada and "gave it a try", but the UK is my home and always will be.

Good luck to all of you.
Old Feb 12th 2007, 10:00 am
Forum Regular

Riproarer has a brilliant futureRiproarer has a brilliant futureRiproarer has a brilliant futureRiproarer has a brilliant futureRiproarer has a brilliant futureRiproarer has a brilliant futureRiproarer has a brilliant future

We're heading back to good Old Blighty in 3weeks. Lure of family and friends too great. Also work out here was extremely dull, poorly managed and like stepping back 3 or 4 years - also the buggers wouldn't budge with LAFHA.

Looking forward to my old local, local Chinese and also watching footie at a decent hour - not daft o'clock in the morning! Getting up at 2am to see your team lose is no fun at all!!

Not regretted the decision to give it a go, and as the old adage says - never say never. But at this moment in time England is where the heart is.

Good luck to you all, whatever road you travel.
Old Feb 12th 2007, 11:13 am
BE Forum Addict

woodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond repute

spent 3 1/2 years in Melbourne and now been back two weeks. Only regret is that I never moved back years ago
Old Feb 12th 2007, 3:21 pm
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TraceyW View Post
Think you'll find Juliecabs is already back home?

:
Yup, I'm back. Came back after only 3 months on the GC. And I'm very happy to be back here again
Hubby is working, eldest daughter has been temping but starts full time at the end of Feb. Son is working until he can start college in September and youngest daughter is back at her old school, busy studying for her GCSE's and loving it.
I have been working part time but I have an interview tomorrow for a job in the travel biz so please keep your fingers crossed. I really want this job.
We move back into our house (which we rented out luckily) on the first weekend of March. Looking forward to that.

Julie. X
Old Feb 12th 2007, 7:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by woodyinoz View Post
spent 3 1/2 years in Melbourne and now been back two weeks. Only regret is that I never moved back years ago
Good to hear its working out for you.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.