Whos gone/going back?

Old Mar 28th 2007, 6:35 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whos gone/going back?

Originally Posted by britex
well guys its just as hard here in texas .i have been here 7 years .my wife is from here and cant under stand why any one would miss a little town like watford .but i miss it each day.i so sick of having to tell how i ended up here .and no i dont sound like mick dundee .i think you just want to fit in .but you never do your always the outsider
Hi there, we're from near Watford. Used to shop there alot,mostly in the Harleqiun Centre. I miss it too, especially at Xmas.
Old Mar 28th 2007, 9:27 am
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

Do any of you in the same area arrange to meet up?

We are still waiting for our visas but we are argueing already as hubby really wants to go to Oz and I am not sure about leaving my grown up kids and grand children.

Biggest fear not meeting up with like minded people.
Old Mar 28th 2007, 9:36 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by somme
Do any of you in the same area arrange to meet up?

We are still waiting for our visas but we are argueing already as hubby really wants to go to Oz and I am not sure about leaving my grown up kids and grand children.

Biggest fear not meeting up with like minded people.
Have a look at the Meet-ups forum for Aus - here - may well find something local for both UK and Aus side.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=95
Old Mar 28th 2007, 9:46 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Have a look at the Meet-ups forum for Aus - here - may well find something local for both UK and Aus side.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=95
OT again Polly That wibbly wobbly building at the King Alfred got the go ahead.
I shall try and find a pic.
Old Mar 28th 2007, 9:48 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Old Mar 28th 2007, 9:56 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

That's horrible, it looks like a huge game of Jenga.
Old Mar 28th 2007, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl
That's horrible, it looks like a huge game of Jenga.
He's a world renowned Architect, allegedley.
Old Mar 28th 2007, 10:21 am
'In limboland'

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
He's a world renowned Architect, allegedley.
Maybe he should get in some more practice then.
Old Mar 28th 2007, 10:51 am
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

Where is this monster?
Old Mar 28th 2007, 10:59 am

Originally Posted by somme
Where is this monster?
Hove, Sussex, right on the seafront. Or will be.
The Architects name is Frank Gehry, he's also designed the Guggenheim in Bilbao and the dancing house in Prague, quirky......
Attached Thumbnails Whos gone/going back?-450px-prague_-_dancing_house.jpg   Whos gone/going back?-800px-guggenheim-bilbao-jan05.jpg  

Last edited by gruffbrown; Mar 28th 2007 at 11:02 am.
Old Mar 28th 2007, 12:55 pm
Forum Regular

bramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by TraceyW
Posts like yours give me some hope that life will be o.k back home. That my kids won't be hoodie drug dealers by the time they're 11 and we won't have to barricade ourselves inside our home for fear of being attacked by some crack head Polish immigrant.
I can so relate to this, I am considering returning to the UK but I can't help seeing it as this terrible place to be scared of.
In turn this makes me feel that I don't belong anywhere.

Racheal x

Last edited by bramblebush; Mar 28th 2007 at 1:16 pm.
Old Mar 28th 2007, 11:39 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bramblebush
I can so relate to this, I am considering returning to the UK but I can't help seeing it as this terrible place to be scared of.
In turn this makes me feel that I don't belong anywhere.

Racheal x
How long have you lived overseas and when was the last time you went back to Blighty?

I've lived in the US for 11 yrs. In January I was back in Cheshire for 3 weeks...apart from the odd new building...nothing's much changed. I did notice quite a lot of Eastern European accents in Manchester...mostly shop workers.
Old Mar 29th 2007, 6:58 am
Forum Regular

bramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
How long have you lived overseas and when was the last time you went back to Blighty?

I've lived in the US for 11 yrs. In January I was back in Cheshire for 3 weeks...apart from the odd new building...nothing's much changed. I did notice quite a lot of Eastern European accents in Manchester...mostly shop workers.
Hi Jerseygirl.

Believe it not I've only been gone 18 months and I went back for a week, three weeks ago.

Everywhere looked and felt the same. I think the problem we have is that we have english telly so we watch the news and it seems to be all shootings and stabbings, whereas here in France we can't understand the news so we are sheltered from how it really is here and it tends to make us feel safe here.

Racheal x

www.milesawayinfrance.co.uk
Old Mar 29th 2007, 1:02 pm
Forum Regular

m100 has a spectacular aura aboutm100 has a spectacular aura aboutm100 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl
Hi there, we're from near Watford. Used to shop there alot,mostly in the Harleqiun Centre. I miss it too, especially at Xmas.

Hi St Georges Girl

We are from near Watford too, oohh I so miss the Harlequin with the huge Primark, Hennes, Next, River Island etc etc, looking forward to some retail therapy when we return for good next month
Old Mar 30th 2007, 2:18 am
'In limboland'

Originally Posted by m100
Hi St Georges Girl

We are from near Watford too, oohh I so miss the Harlequin with the huge Primark, Hennes, Next, River Island etc etc, looking forward to some retail therapy when we return for good next month
There was no Primark when we left 10 years ago, but I went in there when we were last home. I really missed the Harlequin and St.Albans market last Xmas, mainly for the atmosphere and that British Christmasy feel. It's dead here at Xmas and I loathe it. How long have you been away?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.