Whos gone/going back?

Old Feb 15th 2007, 3:01 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whos gone/going back?

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Back in the UK for just a couple of weeks - same as every other time I could feel the excitement of seeing London from the air, the pure delight of the magic words "Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to London, the time is 5.30am......." Fabulous. I love it! Its cold, wet, windy, and beautiful. I have shopped, partied, pubbed, and been welcomed by friends as if I'd never left. 3 things that stand out instantly are - the variety of stuff in the shops, the enjoyment of being with people who understand me without long explanations, and - odd though it sounds - the customer service - I am stunned at the politeness and the helpfulness of staff in shops, pubs and restaurants! I have always slated customer service here in the past, but I am amazed at how much courtesy and help I have had this week - and its not cos they think I'm a tourist as I have a local accent. Is this an aberration or is this now normal?!!!
I know just what you mean Polly...it was the same for me last month when I was home. Hope your trip back hope gets better and better.
Old Feb 15th 2007, 6:41 am
Life is more than a dream

LouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by woodyinoz
Welcome home!
Feels great doesn't it. People keep telling me that soon I will miss Australia and remember why we left in the first place but as each day passes Australia just seems more and more like a bad dream.
The only change that I have found is within. I don't stress anymore, I am so laid back compared to my family. My Mum is often huffing and puffing over silly things like a car not pulling out.. it makes me laugh
Good luck with all the sorting out of everything.
We've had a mixture of people who can't believe that we would actually have wanted to leave here in the first place, and people who don't understand why we would want to come back - they truly believe that problems here are unique to the UK Some see programs on TV promoting the Aussie lifestyle as being all beaches, boats and barbies with instant mates, and think that is what everyone does all the time - no need to earn a wage at all

Keep enjoying your return Woody - we're having a ball - the weather is great at the minute too - beautiful clear blue sky today
Old Feb 15th 2007, 7:50 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Polly, have you emptied the Asda shelves yet?
Old Feb 15th 2007, 8:04 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl
I hope so, I've ordered some Mr Brains faggots!!
Old Feb 15th 2007, 8:14 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TraceyW
Hey you, get in the queue.....
Old Feb 15th 2007, 8:31 am
Account Closed

Hey you, get in the queue.....
Oh yes, I forgot for a moment we're British, therefore we queue!
Old Feb 15th 2007, 8:34 am
'In limboland'

Oh yes, I forgot for a moment we're British, therefore we queue!
You're forgiven, just this once.
Old Feb 15th 2007, 11:35 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

You have just brought tears to my eyes Pol.

It must be so hard for you, desperately wanting to go home to where you belong, and yet being unable to. Don't you ever wonder whether The Bloke may surprise you and actually like living in the UK? You're always thinking about his needs aren't you and not yours? You are very unselfish in that.
The Bloke is too much a lover of space and sunshine to cope here, I'm sure of that.

Originally Posted by FPM
Nice one Polly, enjoy your stay. Can you negotiate an extension?
Originally Posted by woodyinoz
Maybe loose your passport
It must be hard getting back on that plane everytime. Feel for you girl
My way of coping - and the reason I live where The Bloke feels at home - I always have my next trip planned before getting on that plane heading south.

Not quite, but I have trebled my luggage! OOOOOOOps!!
Wheres that nice poster who promised to do some shipping for me?!
Old Feb 16th 2007, 12:01 am
Banned

Lord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to behold

Can't you find any faggots in OZ?

Last edited by Lord Pom Percy; Feb 16th 2007 at 12:04 am.
Old Feb 16th 2007, 12:04 am
Absinthe Minded

Del Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Lord Pom Percy
We don't have faggots in OZ.
Are you sure ?
Old Feb 16th 2007, 12:05 am
Absinthe Minded

Del Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Del Boy
Are you sure ?
stop editing your bloody post wombat!!
Old Feb 16th 2007, 12:19 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Lord Pom Percy
Can't you find any faggots in OZ?
Oh yeah, loads, but just not the edible kind!

Don't go there
Old Feb 16th 2007, 12:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Kath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond repute

Oh yeah, loads, but just not the edible kind!

Don't go there
Oh yes I like that one!!! Just been into hairdressers there was this great big ozzie guy having his hair highlighted!!! I had to have a chuckle to myself he looked a right poooof
Old Feb 16th 2007, 12:57 am
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by LouiseD
We've had a mixture of people who can't believe that we would actually have wanted to leave here in the first place, and people who don't understand why we would want to come back - they truly believe that problems here are unique to the UK Some see programs on TV promoting the Aussie lifestyle as being all beaches, boats and barbies with instant mates, and think that is what everyone does all the time - no need to earn a wage at all

Keep enjoying your return Woody - we're having a ball - the weather is great at the minute too - beautiful clear blue sky today
Hi Louise. How are you getting on in the UK? All sounds well by the sounds of it.
Really pleased for you. Just wish it was me
Old Feb 16th 2007, 1:32 am
BE Enthusiast

blowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by LouiseD
We arrived back home last Thursday. Despite being desperate to get home (financial and family reasons) we found that we were really quite sad to leave Melbourne. I think it was more the realisation that our dreams of 3 years had finally come to an end than wanting to stay in Australia though. It was more emotional than we thought it would be. Once the plane got near to Europe though, I was beside myself with excitement. Our daughters were waiting for us at the airport - it was brilliant to all be together again.

We had a fantastic weekend celebrating our daughters 18th birthday with family and it was so wonderful to actually feel alive again - to laugh and dance and be truly happy.

Today we've all been out house and car hunting and needed a break so we called into one of the village pubs for a few drinks - it was lovely to sit there as a family again in a local pub with familiar faces around us. The UK may not have the lovely weather that Australia has but for me it sure as hell has more character and more life
I am really pleased to hear that you got back safely and you are all together.
Just feeling comfortable in your surroundings can be enough,instead of feeling like a fish out of water.

At the moment I am living for 2 weeks out in woop woop ( town in the middle of know where).If anything it as sealed my resolve to get out as asap. My husbands company may make some of its workers redundant in January next year. To be honest this could be the best thing for us.Instead of hanging about for another year we may quit sooner. The only problem I have is,that I will split my family up,but that may happen anyway no matter where we live.My youngest wants to go back and to uni and we have found ourselves in a bit of a bind about that one and we are still sorting it out.

This is the second time I have tried to stay out here and it most definitely isn't working.I have been here a few days and it is enough already.
I am trying hard to keep everyone happy.My son is in Rocky going to school and his older brother and girlfriend live with us,so on the short term it is okay. I have come out for a crack at the 2 week stint for my husbands sake and the petrol cost over a month is huge,but it is not going to work. I have another 10 days and if I don't end up going mad,I will be surprised.

All the best to you and your family Louise onwards and upwards for all of you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.