Whos gone/going back?

Old Feb 16th 2007, 1:35 am
BE Enthusiast

blowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Whos gone/going back?

Originally Posted by TraceyW
Oh yeah, loads, but just not the edible kind!

Don't go there
Old Feb 16th 2007, 7:16 am
Life is more than a dream

LouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulrachel
Hi Louise. How are you getting on in the UK? All sounds well by the sounds of it.
Really pleased for you. Just wish it was me
Originally Posted by blowfly
I am really pleased to hear that you got back safely and you are all together.
Just feeling comfortable in your surroundings can be enough,instead of feeling like a fish out of water.

At the moment I am living for 2 weeks out in woop woop ( town in the middle of know where).If anything it as sealed my resolve to get out as asap. My husbands company may make some of its workers redundant in January next year. To be honest this could be the best thing for us.Instead of hanging about for another year we may quit sooner. The only problem I have is,that I will split my family up,but that may happen anyway no matter where we live.My youngest wants to go back and to uni and we have found ourselves in a bit of a bind about that one and we are still sorting it out.

This is the second time I have tried to stay out here and it most definitely isn't working.I have been here a few days and it is enough already.
I am trying hard to keep everyone happy.My son is in Rocky going to school and his older brother and girlfriend live with us,so on the short term it is okay. I have come out for a crack at the 2 week stint for my husbands sake and the petrol cost over a month is huge,but it is not going to work. I have another 10 days and if I don't end up going mad,I will be surprised.

All the best to you and your family Louise onwards and upwards for all of you.

Hi guys - thanks for the lovely comments and lots of luck to you too - I really hope that you get things sorted.

Yes we are really enjoying life back in the UK so far. The weather is unpredictable (but so was Melbourne), and it is winter here. We've really enjoyed getting wrapped up and walking our dogs in the park without feeling guilty and can't wait to take them for a really long walk around Formby at the weekend.

At the minute it's really hectic looking for a house to rent as we sold ours (biggest mistake of our lives) but I'm sure we'll find something soon. We've noticed that people are freindly here - not in a OTT way, just nice and normal. It's fantastic to go into a shop and browse, without people watching you and hassling you and asking how you are and what you want all the time but to know they are there if you need them.

It's also good to be able to drive for just 5 minutes and see green fields with sheep, cows and horses - things that we just took for granted before living in suburban Melbourne. It's good to just get on a motorway instead of fighting our way through a million suburbs to go anywhere. It's fantastic to drive through winding country roads and see thatched cottages and country pubs.

Best of all though is being a family again - I can't put into words just how good it feels to see my daughters getting ready to go out together again, to be able to drive my youngest girl to college or to cook her dinner again. The girls had a few words last night (over the use of our one bathroom at mums house) and I just sat and grinned - it was actually good to hear it after living in a sterile 4 x 3 which was empty of family
Old Feb 16th 2007, 10:29 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh Louise I am so happy for you!

Long may it continue xxxxxxx
Old Feb 16th 2007, 10:33 am
Account Closed

I am really pleased to hear that you got back safely and you are all together.
Just feeling comfortable in your surroundings can be enough,instead of feeling like a fish out of water.

At the moment I am living for 2 weeks out in woop woop ( town in the middle of know where).If anything it as sealed my resolve to get out as asap. My husbands company may make some of its workers redundant in January next year. To be honest this could be the best thing for us.Instead of hanging about for another year we may quit sooner. The only problem I have is,that I will split my family up,but that may happen anyway no matter where we live.My youngest wants to go back and to uni and we have found ourselves in a bit of a bind about that one and we are still sorting it out.

This is the second time I have tried to stay out here and it most definitely isn't working.I have been here a few days and it is enough already.
I am trying hard to keep everyone happy.My son is in Rocky going to school and his older brother and girlfriend live with us,so on the short term it is okay. I have come out for a crack at the 2 week stint for my husbands sake and the petrol cost over a month is huge,but it is not going to work. I have another 10 days and if I don't end up going mad,I will be surprised.

All the best to you and your family Louise onwards and upwards for all of you.
You poor sod you. Strewth, two days in Dongara nearly sent me mental, and there's civilisation there! Well, I use the term loosely!

If I were you I'd be seriously hitting the bottle!!
Old Feb 16th 2007, 10:47 am
BE Enthusiast

blowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of light

You poor sod you. Strewth, two days in Dongara nearly sent me mental, and there's civilisation there! Well, I use the term loosely!

If I were you I'd be seriously hitting the bottle!!
How the hell did you know?Looking for spy cameras I have nearly finished a bottle of red. Where is Dongar? We have to drive through Dingo to get here. I have 11 days left. I am seriously considering divorce after this. Oh well I will go finish the rest of the bottle
Old Feb 16th 2007, 12:03 pm
Account Closed

How the hell did you know?Looking for spy cameras I have nearly finished a bottle of red. Where is Dongar? We have to drive through Dingo to get here. I have 11 days left. I am seriously considering divorce after this. Oh well I will go finish the rest of the bottle
Ahh, Dongara is a place that time forget, where the favourite passtime is tumbleweed chasing! It's 4 hours north of Perth. May as well be a million light years away. Helluva place. Urgh.

Have another drinkie. Oh,and totally agree about the divorce. You'd probably get to keep the house, car and have custody of the bank accounts due to his totally unreasonable behaviour in taking you to sodding woop woop!
Old Feb 16th 2007, 12:05 pm
Banned

moving2montreal has much to be proud ofmoving2montreal has much to be proud ofmoving2montreal has much to be proud ofmoving2montreal has much to be proud ofmoving2montreal has much to be proud ofmoving2montreal has much to be proud ofmoving2montreal has much to be proud ofmoving2montreal has much to be proud ofmoving2montreal has much to be proud ofmoving2montreal has much to be proud ofmoving2montreal has much to be proud of

i wouldnt recommend coming back to england unless you live in a very wealthy and secure area with little crime. its very expensive here and is becoming more dangerous all the time. where i live, thugs beat up a 83 year old woman just the other week.
Old Feb 16th 2007, 12:09 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by moving2montreal
i wouldnt recommend coming back to england unless you live in a very wealthy and secure area with little crime. its very expensive here and is becoming more dangerous all the time. where i live, thugs beat up a 83 year old woman just the other week.
Strewth...it's in here as well!!! faster than a ferret this one!!
Old Feb 16th 2007, 12:11 pm
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point

Strewth...it's in here as well!!! faster than a ferret this one!!
He lives in a shitty area, should suit him just fine, talks shit anyway...hes bored and SF
Old Feb 16th 2007, 12:14 pm
Banned

moving2montreal has much to be proud ofmoving2montreal has much to be proud ofmoving2montreal has much to be proud ofmoving2montreal has much to be proud ofmoving2montreal has much to be proud ofmoving2montreal has much to be proud ofmoving2montreal has much to be proud ofmoving2montreal has much to be proud ofmoving2montreal has much to be proud ofmoving2montreal has much to be proud ofmoving2montreal has much to be proud of

He lives in a shitty area, should suit him just fine, talks shit anyway...hes bored and SF
address me as sir, degenerate.
Old Feb 16th 2007, 12:22 pm
Never been to Australia

kevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond repute

To quote an illustrious poster.

"What is your point?"
Old Feb 16th 2007, 12:57 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Which of course would never happen anywhere else in the world
Old Feb 16th 2007, 1:02 pm
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point

you've been rumbled child...off to bed now. It's not your fault you have been brought up this way. You have my sympathy. Enjoy your life in wonderful UK you lucky little child
Old Feb 16th 2007, 3:46 pm
Banned

you've been rumbled child...off to bed now. It's not your fault you have been brought up this way. You have my sympathy. Enjoy your life in wonderful UK you lucky little child
i feel sorry for people who want to come back to the UK. they are remembering a UK that has long since ceased to be. unless you have strong ties with family members, there really is little reason to live in the UK at all. the middle-class is struggling in the UK. i wouldnt expect you to understand economical issues.
Old Feb 16th 2007, 8:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond repute

Louise so really pleased to hear that your back and feel back where you belong.
At the end of the day family is so important and when you are away from them for some time just makes you realise so many things.
Good luck with the renting.We are going to be in the same situation.We too regretably sold our house before we came here.We go back in around 5 weeks time and will be at my Mums until we get back on our feet know it will not be easy and will have many ups and downs but things will work out.We have a lot of plans and also a lot to look forward to.
Keep us posted and all the very best.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.