Who Do You Think You Are?

Old Mar 21st 2010, 1:55 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who Do You Think You Are?

Originally Posted by Toontje
Call me a sentimental old fool if you like, but I really enjoy watching WDYTYA.
You're a sentimental old fool
Old Mar 21st 2010, 2:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Toontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Thydney
You're a sentimental old fool
Tell me something I didn't know already!
Old Mar 21st 2010, 2:58 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Tell me something I didn't know already!
Ryan Giggs is fit
Old Mar 21st 2010, 3:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Toontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Thydney
Ryan Giggs is fit
Who's Ryan Giggs? A curling player?
Old Mar 21st 2010, 5:38 pm
Not dead yet

Who's Ryan Giggs? A curling player?
Do I need to tell you something else you don't know? What am I an edumucationer?
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 3:58 pm
In the pink

Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snowbunny
The Mormons have been like the monks were in the Dark Ages. They have travelled the world gathering records, transcribing same, and filming others. However delusional their beliefs, like the fact that the man of the house was the route to heaven and that his wife and children were "bound" or "sealed" to him.... and that they perform proxy baptisms on people like Elvis Presley with a stand-in for Elvis (no costume necessary) cos he's not around to protest.... still has contributed much to genealogy and to history in general. Some English rectors refused to let the Mormons photograph their parish records, and nearly all of the Catholic priests were prevented from doing so.

I have a couple of distant cousins who are LDS and while I don't mind sharing family history with them, I have told them that if they proxy baptise me I will damn them to hell and rise from the grave to haunt them!

Genealogy week is being held!

http://www.usatoday.com/travel/desti...y-events_N.htm
Old Mar 27th 2010, 2:18 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Enjoyed last nights it was my favorite so far.

Great about the un-named soldier now having a family.
Old Mar 27th 2010, 2:36 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
Enjoyed last nights it was my favorite so far.

Great about the un-named soldier now having a family.
My mother went to uni with Matthew Broderick's father James, (he dated her roomate) so I've always had a soft spot for him. Quite something about how the men in his family served in the military-something to be proud of about his grandfather and sad about his great great grandfather. I'm glad they were able to identify him at last.

The pic in my avatar is my gr.gr. grandmother- Mary S. Washburn Yates Woodward. Her husband died in the Civil War, but at least his body was brought home for burial. Mary married the young soldier who brought her husband's body back. It would be interesting to know if it was for love or practicality-she had been left a widow with 6 children. The youngest, my gr grandmother was born 2 weeks after her father had enlisted and left, so she never saw him.
Old Mar 27th 2010, 3:10 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cindyabs
My mother went to uni with Matthew Broderick's father James, (he dated her roomate) so I've always had a soft spot for him. Quite something about how the men in his family served in the military-something to be proud of about his grandfather and sad about his great great grandfather. I'm glad they were able to identify him at last.

The pic in my avatar is my gr.gr. grandmother- Mary S. Washburn Yates Woodward. Her husband died in the Civil War, but at least his body was brought home for burial. Mary married the young soldier who brought her husband's body back. It would be interesting to know if it was for love or practicality-she had been left a widow with 6 children. The youngest, my gr grandmother was born 2 weeks after her father had enlisted and left, so she never saw him.
I was wondering who the avi was
Quite a little love story there hopefully

I got an email from a long lost relative yesterday and it was 40 pages of one side of the family history, all about the land owners the events they attended back in the 1800's, one was a publican, must run in the family ( I was one of of the youngest landladys in the UK back in 1988).

I think Brooke Shields next week is going to be excellant.
Old Mar 27th 2010, 3:43 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
I was wondering who the avi was
Quite a little love story there hopefully

I got an email from a long lost relative yesterday and it was 40 pages of one side of the family history, all about the land owners the events they attended back in the 1800's, one was a publican, must run in the family ( I was one of of the youngest landladys in the UK back in 1988).

I think Brooke Shields next week is going to be excellant.
I think there must have been something there chemistry wise, she went on to have, I think, 6 more children with husband number 2!!! She's the one that has the most "mixed" family tree as far as nationalities go, rather than just the standard UK issue that seems to exist in the rest of my family.

Indeed Brooke Shields should be good from the promos. I'm also looking forward to Susan Sarandon.

I hope you find some more good stuff Pops, well done so far.

Last edited by cindyabs; Mar 27th 2010 at 3:46 pm.
Old Mar 27th 2010, 3:52 pm
Forum Regular

flagirl has much to be proud offlagirl has much to be proud offlagirl has much to be proud offlagirl has much to be proud offlagirl has much to be proud offlagirl has much to be proud offlagirl has much to be proud offlagirl has much to be proud offlagirl has much to be proud offlagirl has much to be proud offlagirl has much to be proud of

Thought last night's episode was really interesting. I've really liked them all so far although I have read that the ratings aren't that good so this may be the only series of it.
Old Mar 27th 2010, 4:15 pm
Sursum corda

Originally Posted by flagirl
Thought last night's episode was really interesting. I've really liked them all so far although I have read that the ratings aren't that good so this may be the only series of it.
That's too bad, guess it shows that either Americans are not as obsessed with with ancestry as has been commented on, or the time schedule is not good, or something.

I was hoping that it would enjoy the same popularity as the UK version.
Old Mar 27th 2010, 4:36 pm
Forum Regular

flagirl has much to be proud offlagirl has much to be proud offlagirl has much to be proud offlagirl has much to be proud offlagirl has much to be proud offlagirl has much to be proud offlagirl has much to be proud offlagirl has much to be proud offlagirl has much to be proud offlagirl has much to be proud offlagirl has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by cindyabs

I was hoping that it would enjoy the same popularity as the UK version.
Me, too! There was a mention about the bad ratings in this week's Entertainment Weekly-I hope they'll give it another chance.
Old Mar 28th 2010, 5:01 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

I tried to watch the Emmitt Smith one (streaming) and I have to say it was the most complete and utter shit. Mind you, I love Emmitt (go Cowboys!) and I'm obsessed with the history of slavery in the US. So, that should tell you how much I should have enjoyed it. It was long and drawn out with all of these teasers and dramatic build-ups. What an insult to the intelligence of the viewer. I turned that garbage off halfway through - before they even got to the slavery part. It should NOT have taken the first 30 minutes of the show for them to find his toothless second cousin working in a convenience store in Alabama, FFS. Barf.
Old Apr 6th 2010, 4:47 pm
Chocoholic !

ChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond repute

OMG am totally addicted to ancestry.com and my farm is now in serious disrepair. What to do.... Will I get over it once those annoying leaves keep popping up ??? At this rate I am going to need to sneak in a cleaner before my hubby realises how much time I am wasting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.