Who Do You Think You Are?

Old Feb 5th 2011, 10:37 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who Do You Think You Are?

Anyone watch Vanessa Williams last night I thought she was super nice and the show was quite interesting.
Old Feb 5th 2011, 10:45 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
Anyone watch Vanessa Williams last night I thought she was super nice and the show was quite interesting.
Very interesting! I told DH to get on the stick with his research, if the descendant of slaves can find info he ought to be able to do some digging in Shropshire!!

Also the poster on here that had offered help in tree tracing found some info on my dad's paternal side to a previously unknown link with the Tate clan in Northumberland.
Old Feb 5th 2011, 11:05 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cindyabs
Very interesting! I told DH to get on the stick with his research, if the descendant of slaves can find info he ought to be able to do some digging in Shropshire!!

Also the poster on here that had offered help in tree tracing found some info on my dad's paternal side to a previously unknown link with the Tate clan in Northumberland.
WOW!! thats amazing I gave up with it all and thought it best left to the experts, I am still interested but my patience was getting very thin on ancestory.com.
Old Feb 6th 2011, 12:34 am
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute

Taped it. Waiting for a quiet night in to watch it uninterrupted
Old Feb 6th 2011, 1:41 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lisa67
Taped it. Waiting for a quiet night in to watch it uninterrupted
Me too. I was out with friends to see "The Kings Speech" so I'll probably watch it tomorrow. There's nothing on TV tomorrow night worth watching anyway!
Old Feb 26th 2011, 2:48 pm

The show with Kim Catrell last night was great but it was the same as the one I saw back in the UK last year on thier version!
Old Feb 26th 2011, 4:14 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

The show with Kim Catrell last night was great but it was the same as the one I saw back in the UK last year on thier version!
I saw that one last night. Never seen it before. It was really interesting.
Old Feb 26th 2011, 6:39 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Another one where the man buggers off to start a new life and leaves his original family in the lurch.
Old Feb 26th 2011, 9:16 pm
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

Another one where the man buggers off to start a new life and leaves his original family in the lurch.
I watched that last night, although only the last 15-20 minutes. I thought it was very moving, very emotional. As usual, I surprised myself by finding my eyes welling up, because I got to see Kim Cattrall as a normal, regular person, not her personae that is so famous.

I think what's fascinating about this show is that many people are interested in celebrities' lives -- for whatever reason -- but this show not only allows the viewer to learn something about the celebrity, but to actually see the celebrity discovering and unfolding their own family history for themselves.

I have yet to watch an episode of "Who Do You Think You Are?" and not find it incredibly touching. And moreover, it reminds the viewer that these celebrities are really just people like the rest of us who have something to learn from their ancestors' pasts.

~ Jenney
Old Feb 26th 2011, 10:04 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

I saw Rosie O'Donnell last week (I think it was last week) she was really moved when she toured the old workhouse where her family had been in Ireland before they were sponsored for emigration to Canada. It was pretty bleak I worked in a hospital that was a converted workhouse and it was down right spooky at night. The one she was in had been just kept as it was.
Old Feb 26th 2011, 10:59 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Who Do You Think You Are?

I enjoyed watching Kim Catrall too - had to smile when everyone was offering her a cup of tea (after all, she was filming in England!).

For anyone who would like to see an episode which has already been shown on TV, you can watch via this link:

http://www.hulu.com/who-do-you-think-you-are

There are a lot of British programmes on Hulu.com (eg. Doc Martin, Kingdom, comedies, drama)

http://science.discovery.com/videos/...oad-promo.html (Promo on Hulu for "An Idiot Abroad"...an English guy getting into scrapes in foreign countries - I don't have or want to subscribe to the Discovery Science channel so it's the only way I can see it!)

http://www.hulu.com/search?query=an+...d&st=1&fs=null - the episodes available

Last edited by Englishmum; Feb 26th 2011 at 11:04 pm.
Old Feb 26th 2011, 11:13 pm
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishmum
I enjoyed watching Kim Catrall too - had to smile when everyone was offering her a cup of tea (after all, she was filming in England!).
When Kim
Spoiler:
was handed the first photo she had ever seen of her grandfather by the sister of his second wife,
the conversation had been very solemn and quite serious and sad. Finally, after several minutes there was a long pause, and then -- "Would you like a cuppa tea?" SO English!

In British TV and films, it's amazing how many scenes where things are getting a tad too awkward, uncomfortable or emotional are quickly brought to an end by someone asking, "How 'bout some tea?" LOL

~ Jenney
Old Feb 26th 2011, 11:40 pm

He would of liked BE then
Old Feb 27th 2011, 3:12 am
The Unmod

paddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond repute

Why should he?
I think my paternal grandfather was from Shropshire but if your other half is anything like me, he is scared they might be from Wales!
Old Feb 27th 2011, 9:50 am
Sursum corda

Originally Posted by paddingtongreen
Why should he?
I think my paternal grandfather was from Shropshire but if your other half is anything like me, he is scared they might be from Wales!
Too late, he found a Lloyd in the tree. Also, his family liked, and still do as a matter of fact, to holiday in Llandudno. We honeymooned in Llanwrst too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.