UK - Underrated Kingdom?

Old Oct 11th 2008, 11:30 am
Banned

Lookin2Oz is a name known to allLookin2Oz is a name known to allLookin2Oz is a name known to allLookin2Oz is a name known to allLookin2Oz is a name known to allLookin2Oz is a name known to allLookin2Oz is a name known to allLookin2Oz is a name known to allLookin2Oz is a name known to allLookin2Oz is a name known to allLookin2Oz is a name known to all
Default Re: UK - Underrated Kingdom?

Originally Posted by lobby lou
i agree...its like local council jobs in oxford white people have to go on racism courses ...but not the other way around ...unbelievable...that they think racism is one way only ...
Having spent many years in South Africa where people (white & black) fought to abolish apartheid only to be resurrected in a new form – black on white. The difference is that nobody seems to care when racism happens against the whites.

Even here in New Zealand they have their fair share of racial problems and white people are referred to as Pakeha which I do not enjoy and I find insulting but yet it is okay to use that term and it is spoken freely.

It is a subject all on it’s own but in context of this thread it is certainly my opinion that the British have given up their CORE identity, or perhaps have been FORCED to give up is a better choice.

Further up the chain you will no doubt find it is the same idiots making the deals and decisions that have has our world economy in one huge big mess that are busy shafting the tax payers, telling you what to say, think and behave.

Is this really what the PEOPLE believe they are voting for?

There must be millions that lost their lives in war to fight off enemies such as Hitler that wanted to tell us how to think etc etc and now it’s happening in times when we have so much noise about human rights and freedom of speech. I think there is a bit of hypocrisy there.

Anyway, need to lighten up and hope it is a sunny day tomorrow. Think I’ll fill the hip flask and hope we can go fishing
Old Oct 11th 2008, 11:44 am
BE Enthusiast

lobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to all

i worked for oxford city council and all staff were sent on this course...my father was the lord mayors sargent and he and my mother had to go on it and so did his staff ......i think u r the bullshitter as u so poloitely put it ............:curse:
Old Oct 11th 2008, 11:48 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

i worked for oxford city council and all staff were sent on this course...my father was the lord mayors sargent and he and my mother had to go on it and so did his staff ......i think u r the bullshitter as u so poloitely put it ............:curse:
I spent most of my life in Oxford.

Which school was it?....or can't you remember?
Old Oct 11th 2008, 11:57 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

If i wasnt on a diet, i would order in some popcorn and pizza
Old Oct 11th 2008, 12:13 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
If i wasnt on a diet, i would order in some popcorn and pizza
Ive just made myself a hot drink, would you like one?
Old Oct 11th 2008, 12:16 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Ive just made myself a hot drink, would you like one?
Don't bother PP....I'm off to bed.

I hate it when people make these unsubstantiated claims.....this is how these 'Urban myths' develop.

G
Old Oct 11th 2008, 12:21 pm
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling

I hate it when people make these unsubstantiated claims.....this is how these 'Urban myths' develop.

G
Awww what a party pooper.

i best not have a ho drink PP. It is such a task getting in and out of bed during the night i dont want to wet the bed
Old Oct 11th 2008, 12:22 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling

G
Playing devils advocate here, the poster is only saying of their own experience about their family.

I am staying up to watch Oliver Twist.
Old Oct 11th 2008, 12:30 pm
Bitter and twisted

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Playing devils advocate here, the poster is only saying of their own experience about their family.

I am staying up to watch Oliver Twist.

I know Oxford well.

I was brought up there, went to school and College there, married there, son born there, mother and several brothers and sister's still live there.

It has never been Oxford council policy to ban nativity plays.

G
Old Oct 11th 2008, 1:14 pm
Just hanging around

Bevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond repute

I think it's great that people here challenge things stated as fact which they doubt are true. Grayling's only asking for enough detail to check.

Canada has an official policy of multiculturalism and that's meant a lot of squelching of things like the Christian Christmas. It's all Santa Clause and Frosty the Snowman. I prefer that they include other faiths and practices as long as they don't violate the basic ones rather than exclude.

It is tricky when it's a colonized country because, after all, what basis is there for saying X is THE culture but invasion and military might? The British and French are still fighting that one out after centuries! Do the aboriginal people here get to set the pattern because they've been here for thousands of years?

I suppose Britain's the same -- who were the original Britons? I don't know. But it does have a long heritage of a type of culture so I think expecting immigrants to sort of blend with that is okay. That includes French, American, Australian, etc.

But England's made up of waves of immigration, all of which brought changes. It seems to be a sort of magnet.

Perhaps that's what drawing back the people here.

Bev
Old Oct 11th 2008, 1:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

lobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to all

u are an utter jerk ....i spent all my life in oxford too... i didnt say it was councils policy to ban it ...i said the school i worked in ...cutteslowe primary would not allow nativity.....i explained the council policy.......why dont i want to return ????because of idiots like u !!!!!
Old Oct 11th 2008, 2:01 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat055 is an unknown quantity at this point

MOST primary schools in Oxford have this year opted to stage modern versions of Christmas plays with less of a religious element.

Gone is the annual dilemma of which children will play Mary and Joseph and parents dressing child shepherds in old bed sheets - schools are buying in scripts for plays like Baboushka and Hosanna Rock! which feature a small nativity section.

Only a handful were putting on traditional versions of the Nativity.

Children at New Marston Primary School is staging a Nativity play in which the Three Wise Men participate in an X-Factor-style audition.

Although many productions include the Nativity among their scenes, there are fears traditional Christian teachings are being watered down.

Schools expert Terence Copley, Professor of Educational Studies at Oxford University, said: "If schools are avoiding telling the Christmas story then they are failing in their responsibility to educate children about the most significant narrative in our culture.

Darrell Wood, headteacher of Cutteslowe Primary School which is staging A Lamb and a Surprise, said: "One thing parents say to us is they don't want the same thing year in, year out.

"We are putting on a play that takes the best of both worlds, an exciting Christmas performance that incorporates a Nativity scene at the end."

Chris Phillips, head- teacher of Orchard Meadow Primary School, added: "We are a multi-faith school, but we are a very inclusive school and families are happy their children are involved in celebrations in the build up to Christmas - almost without exception."

http://www.thisisoxfordshire.co.uk/n...al_nativities/
Old Oct 11th 2008, 2:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

we did commotion in the ocean when i was at cutteslowe...nothing to do with xmas at all lol xxxwas a different head then ,,,glad they are doing a more xmas one there now xx
i have 5 kiddies that went to various schools in oxford ..so had lots of xmas plays etc .....
we lived in summertown........

another xmas disappointment with oxford was the c***** lights ,decs ,etc....now live in UAE a muslim country ...but we have fab xmas decs and santas grottos...were the kiddies can sit on santas knee...xxxxxx
Old Oct 11th 2008, 5:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

u are an utter jerk ....i spent all my life in oxford too... i didnt say it was councils policy to ban it ...i said the school i worked in ...cutteslowe primary would not allow nativity.....i explained the council policy.......why dont i want to return ????because of idiots like u !!!!!
If your level of English is on here is anything to go by, I'd say we're all better off if you stay there as well.
Old Oct 11th 2008, 6:18 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tr1boy
If your level of English is on here is anything to go by, I'd say we're all better off if you stay there as well.
Pot, kettle, black ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.