Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Shops-what do you miss the most?

Shops-what do you miss the most?

Old Jan 11th 2007, 9:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Rosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shops-what do you miss the most?

Originally Posted by Rascal
We can buy Walkers crisps here in Nz, in the English shops.
But you'd have to speak with the bank manager first.
You can say that again!
They aren't cheap
Old Jan 11th 2007, 8:15 pm
Banned

denver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by blowfly
I miss the ususal Asda etc but really I miss choice and quality Iam really sick of cheap shitty goods all the time. My all time favourite is M&S .Just wish there was somewhere to shop proper really
I hope you didn't buy your clothes in M & S, I have never seen such a pile of c**p in my life! Yummy food though!
Old Jan 11th 2007, 8:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by denver
I hope you didn't buy your clothes in M & S, I have never seen such a pile of c**p in my life! Yummy food though!
You've not been to the Warehouse then?
Old Jan 11th 2007, 8:59 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

the styles might not be your taste denver but the quality is far superior to anything you will buy in Australia.
Old Jan 11th 2007, 9:06 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by northernbird
the styles might not be your taste denver but the quality is far superior to anything you will buy in Australia.
NBird.. there is a definate move by you towards the 'Dark Side' . You need to watch that otherwise you will be booking your flight to the UK before you know it.
Old Jan 11th 2007, 9:09 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
NBird.. there is a definate move by you towards the 'Dark Side' . You need to watch that otherwise you will be booking your flight to the UK before you know it.
still love it here but don't like people making absurd statements like Denver does about the UK. Despite all my arguing with folk on here, I can see England for what it is even though it doesn't offer me anything anymore.
Old Jan 11th 2007, 9:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

blowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of light

sorry but after the c**p here M&S would be bliss. The Nottingham store had some of the best quality fashion foreverbody around. I have here that I got 3 years ago and its like new, not like the stuff I buy here and 3 months later it is ready for rags,mind you they were cheap and made in china so I suppose it was good value.
Old Jan 11th 2007, 9:12 pm
Gutter Gob!!

Originally Posted by blowfly
sorry but after the c**p here M&S would be bliss. The Nottingham store had some of the best quality fashion foreverbody around. I have here that I got 3 years ago and its like new, not like the stuff I buy here and 3 months later it is ready for rags,mind you they were cheap and made in china so I suppose it was good value.
I would hazard a guess and say M&S stuff is made overseas too but I think they pay more therefore quality is better.
Old Jan 11th 2007, 9:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond repute

How I long for a pair of M&S Knickers
Old Jan 11th 2007, 9:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

blowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of light

I would hazard a guess and say M&S stuff is made overseas too but I think they pay more therefore quality is better.
Yes they were made in Italy,well most anyway.Everhting seems to come from China here.
Old Jan 11th 2007, 9:47 pm

MrsB is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rosie Cheeks
How I long for a pair of M&S Knickers
I quite often shop online at M&S, get it sent to a relative and send them postage to send it out here.

I've been here 2 years and we're all still in our M&S stuff.

I did have to buy some Target underwear for my lad - but it's all baggy and stretched 2 months in!
Old Jan 11th 2007, 10:04 pm
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
She certainly is either moving to the dark side (which I think most people will eventually do) OR smoking something to make her more mellow. I definately prefur the new northernbird. The old one reminded me of a bulldog chewing a toffee with a face that just needed a good slap. (Joking NB, don't want to risk getting the old bird back.)
Old Jan 11th 2007, 10:07 pm
Gutter Gob!!

Originally Posted by arkon
She certainly is either moving to the dark side (which I think most people will eventually do) OR smoking something to make her more mellow. I definately prefur the new northernbird. The old one reminded me of a bulldog chewing a toffee with a face that just needed a good slap. (Joking NB, don't want to risk getting the old bird back.)
Why thank you kind sir.

I still hate the generalisations people make, assuming that because they had an experience that it must be like that everywhere. I still hate assensach assuming I must be devoid of education and personality because I like it but it was my new years resolution and I think I am doing pretty well
Old Jan 11th 2007, 10:08 pm
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

You just keep on doing it don't you, you are telling us ex-British who by and large know the difference between good and poor quality that M&S stuff is crap quality. You need a reality check, whilst I agree M&S is not as good a clothes quality as it used to be, it still knocks spots off the best you can get here. You might like your knickers and socks only lasting a month and being made to fit a chinese midget with a very small genitalia and being as uncomfortable as hell, but I for one WANT to spend more than a dollar to get a pair that functions and lasts properly.
Old Jan 11th 2007, 10:10 pm
Ex BE ***** Addict

Why thank you kind sir.

I still hate the generalisations people make, assuming that because they had an experience that it must be like that everywhere. I still hate assensach assuming I must be devoid of education and personality because I like it but it was my new years resolution and I think I am doing pretty well
Either that or your new vegetable plot is growing a new kind of herb.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.