Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Shops-what do you miss the most?

Shops-what do you miss the most?

Old Jan 11th 2007, 10:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shops-what do you miss the most?

Originally Posted by arkon
You just keep on doing it don't you, you are telling us ex-British who by and large know the difference between good and poor quality that M&S stuff is crap quality. You need a reality check, whilst I agree M&S is not as good a clothes quality as it used to be, it still knocks spots off the best you can get here. You might like your knickers and socks only lasting a month and being made to fit a chinese midget with a very small genitalia and being as uncomfortable as hell, but I for one WANT to spend more than a dollar to get a pair that functions and lasts properly.
What was it Jim Royale said? these 99 pence undies fromt the market, I've got fifty pence worth stuck up my A...
Old Jan 11th 2007, 10:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

blowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by northernbird
Why thank you kind sir.

I still hate the generalisations people make, assuming that because they had an experience that it must be like that everywhere. I still hate assensach assuming I must be devoid of education and personality because I like it but it was my new years resolution and I think I am doing pretty well
It has been my observations over time that you are most definitely.....not stupid. I understand the generaliztions thing but when I am pissed off I do it too. Your New years resolution is indeed doing well.
Old Jan 11th 2007, 10:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

blowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of light

You just keep on doing it don't you, you are telling us ex-British who by and large know the difference between good and poor quality that M&S stuff is crap quality. You need a reality check, whilst I agree M&S is not as good a clothes quality as it used to be, it still knocks spots off the best you can get here. You might like your knickers and socks only lasting a month and being made to fit a chinese midget with a very small genitalia and being as uncomfortable as hell, but I for one WANT to spend more than a dollar to get a pair that functions and lasts properly.
PMSL
Old Jan 11th 2007, 10:28 pm

ShozInOz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by denver
I hope you didn't buy your clothes in M & S, I have never seen such a pile of c**p in my life! Yummy food though!
Hillarious. The worst quality clothes I have ever bought were from David Jones/Myers (the unbranded work clothes). M&S clothes are far better than anything you will buy in Aus. They are not as good as they were though, but still, if you think you'll find better quality clothes for the same sort of price in Aus, you're dreaming.
Old Jan 11th 2007, 10:37 pm
Yorkshire Lass

meljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ShozInOz
Hillarious. The worst quality clothes I have ever bought were from David Jones/Myers (the unbranded work clothes). M&S clothes are far better than anything you will buy in Aus. They are not as good as they were though, but still, if you think you'll find better quality clothes for the same sort of price in Aus, you're dreaming.
Yes so true, I have a pair of black trousers from M&S that I bought 2 years before coming here and I wear them to work, they look good as new. I bought 2 more pairs of black trousers from Target 16 months ago when we first came here and they lasted 8 months I am now having to replace the 2nd pair which should last me till I get home hopefully but my good old faithfuls from M&S still going strong.
Old Jan 11th 2007, 10:37 pm
Yorkshire Lass

meljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rosie Cheeks
What was it Jim Royale said? these 99 pence undies fromt the market, I've got fifty pence worth stuck up my A...
PMSL
Old Jan 11th 2007, 10:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meljor
Yes so true, I have a pair of black trousers from M&S that I bought 2 years before coming here and I wear them to work, they look good as new. I bought 2 more pairs of black trousers from Target 16 months ago when we first came here and they lasted 8 months I am now having to replace the 2nd pair which should last me till I get home hopefully but my good old faithfuls from M&S still going strong.
My husband and I still have clothes we bought in the UK, and we left over five years ago. We have business clothes from Next, M&S etc in perfectly good condition.
And they look really good, not out of fashion, in fact Australia has yet to catch up, we were so ahead of our time!
Old Jan 11th 2007, 11:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by blowfly
Everhting seems to come from China here.
With the rejects being sent to NZ
Old Jan 12th 2007, 12:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rascal
With the rejects being sent to NZ
lol
Old Jan 12th 2007, 12:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Rascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by blowfly
lol

T'is not fair, our knickers last 2 washes.
Old Jan 12th 2007, 12:15 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

easy answer, don't wear any...
Old Jan 12th 2007, 12:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by northernbird
easy answer, don't wear any...
Ohhhh and get the kiwi men's pulses racing??

Now then what about T shirts, bra's, jeans and stuff, last about 3 washes. Should I go naked then?
Second thoughts...maybe not.
Aged beyond repair (me)
Old Jan 12th 2007, 12:31 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

you might need to wash them more often than once every 12 months then. Probably all that mould eating away at the material.
Old Jan 12th 2007, 12:33 am
BE Forum Addict

you might need to wash them more often than once every 12 months then. Probably all that mould eating away at the material.
Aye I should. Plenty of mould in the wardrobes here.
Hey I wear a clean pair every day, even on days when I cant be bothered to dress till late.
Old Jan 12th 2007, 1:05 am
Forum Regular

JoanMC is a jewel in the roughJoanMC is a jewel in the roughJoanMC is a jewel in the roughJoanMC is a jewel in the roughJoanMC is a jewel in the rough

We still have super sales on the Isle of Wight - Tesco's, Morrison's, Somerfields, Curry's/Dixons - Matalan - Next - Dorothy Perkins, Clark's Shoes,,the list is endless..My Husband bought a kilo (2.2 pounds) of well marbled Brit' rump steak from Morrisons for £6. 50 something. I usually go for rib-eye or sirloin, but this rump cut like butter and was so'oh juicy, I don't know if that's cheap for Australia or NZ..We buy basics wholemeal sliced bread for 29p from Somerfields...One of my few pleasures is shopping around for clothes (my man for food),..from what I'm reading I don't know that I would be happy with less..mmm, really thinking about this..
These forums are great for getting a feel for a place without even visiting...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.