Ping pong pom

Old Feb 19th 2009, 11:09 am
Banned

cricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ping pong pom

[QUOTE=highersights;7301235]

I hope you enjoy a happy life together. Please go with Godspeed to your chosen destinations. England will survive your loss I'm sure.
Old Feb 19th 2009, 11:21 am
Forum Regular

highersights is a jewel in the roughhighersights is a jewel in the roughhighersights is a jewel in the roughhighersights is a jewel in the rough

[QUOTE=cricket1;7301246]
Oh dear...it's come to that, eh (again)? Rather validates my points...
Old Feb 19th 2009, 11:26 am
Weirdo Latin Dude

Jules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond repute

I imagine Nottingham is scary as it seems the sherrif can`t keep control there anymore, I`ve been there twice and was gone well before nightfall. Surprising to hear Bournemouth has gone downhill, with climate change its gonna be one of the first to go Highcliffe sounds like the type of place that I`d like to visit, I like castles especially when they have dungeons equipped with torture devices. I`d like to live in a castle by the sea. New Milton very white!!!......Very different to Milton Keynes then.
Old Feb 19th 2009, 11:32 am
Forum Regular

highersights is a jewel in the roughhighersights is a jewel in the roughhighersights is a jewel in the roughhighersights is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Jules Europe
I imagine Nottingham is scary as it seems the sherrif can`t keep control there anymore, I`ve been there twice and was gone well before nightfall. Surprising to hear Bournemouth has gone downhill, with climate change its gonna be one of the first to go Highcliffe sounds like the type of place that I`d like to visit, I like castles especially when they have dungeons equipped with torture devices. I`d like to live in a castle by the sea. New Milton very white!!!......Very different to Milton Keynes then.
IT's not so much a case of Robin Hood as Robbing Hoods. Bournemouth has been ruined by alcohol mainly - not unique in that regard. Highcliffe is lovely. You can have a cup of tea in the castle tea shop overlooking the sea. They say there are dolphins to be seen, but to me that sounds like a great marketing line when you own a tea shop.
Old Feb 19th 2009, 11:39 am
Weirdo Latin Dude

Jules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by highersights
IT's not so much a case of Robin Hood as Robbing Hoods. Bournemouth has been ruined by alcohol mainly - not unique in that regard. Highcliffe is lovely. You can have a cup of tea in the castle tea shop overlooking the sea. They say there are dolphins to be seen, but to me that sounds like a great marketing line when you own a tea shop.
Nottingham, Middlesborough and Hull are meant to be the three crime capitals of the UK, therefore I`ll opt for somewhere like Highcliffe and head there to watch imaginery dolphins whilst drinking my tea, I also like a nice bit of tart with my tea as well
Old Feb 19th 2009, 12:17 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

So Coda claims to have lived in Australia and NZ?

Talks about having to show their passport to get benefits in the UK?

talks about "moving back to the UK"?

So what is this post all about?

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...01#post7274301

Quote:

"Hi , i'm thinking about moving to Perth. I am a water sport fan (surfing, fishing, etc), and prefer living in cities with a beach nearby (which sorta rules out Brisbane).

Brisbanites feel free to defend this...

I am a New Zealander. What is the situation if I decided to apply for residency? How long does it generally take"?

British or a New Zealander?.....wants to know how to get a visa for Australia but claims to have lived there?

Someone is telling porkies.

Last edited by Grayling; Feb 19th 2009 at 12:26 pm.
Old Feb 19th 2009, 12:27 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

Originally Posted by Grayling
So Coda claims to have lived in Australia and NZ?

Talks about having to show their passport to get benefits in the UK?

talks about "moving back to the UK"?

So what is this post all about?

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...01#post7274301

Quote:

"Hi , i'm thinking about moving to Perth. I am a water sport fan (surfing, fishing, etc), and prefer living in cities with a beach nearby (which sorta rules out Brisbane).

Brisbanites feel free to defend this...

I am a New Zealander. What is the situation if I decided to apply for residency? How long does it generally take"?

British or a New Zealander?.....wants to know how to get a visa for Australia but claims to have lived there?

Someone is telling porkies.
Do you propose that we should start an inquisition or maybe even a witch hunt?
Old Feb 19th 2009, 12:28 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

No....I propose that we out an obvious troll...one that you seem happy to aid and abet.
Old Feb 19th 2009, 12:38 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure that's not what Grayling means. But rather that if that is the case then the OP hasn't been honest with everyone and therefore there would be a question mark about his motives in starting this thread in the manner he did.

And just for the record, I have no problem with people sharing their 'negative' experiences of the UK, indeed we all need to know the good and the bad, the positive and the negative. Its when the information is presented in such a way as to wind people up that I feel it is out of order.

By all means share, but lets do so in a grown up, mature, helpful manner
Old Feb 19th 2009, 12:39 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

No....I propose that we out an obvious troll...one that you seem happy to aid and abet.
So you do propose a witch hunt? Also should those guilty of aiding and abeting said witch/troll should be made to answer as well? What do you have in mind burning, stoning or just a public humiliation maybe? Out of interest how have I aided and abeted? Also do you believe in curtailing the individual rights of others?
Old Feb 19th 2009, 12:41 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

Originally Posted by Sue
I'm sure that's not what Grayling means. But rather that if that is the case then the OP hasn't been quite honest with everyone and therefore I question his motives in starting this thread in the manner he did.

And just for the record, I have no problem with people sharing their 'negative' experiences of the UK, indeed we all need to know the good and the bad, the positive and the negative. Its when the information is presented in such a way as to wind people up that I feel it is out of order.

By all means share, but lets do so in a grown up, mature, helpful manner
May not have meant it but still said it. For example, I aimed the gun at that person and pulled the trigger but then again I didn`t mean to shoot them.
Old Feb 19th 2009, 12:46 pm
Bitter and twisted

So you do propose a witch hunt? Also should those guilty of aiding and abeting said witch/troll should be made to answer as well? What do you have in mind burning, stoning or just a public humiliation maybe? Out of interest how have I aided and abeted? Also do you believe in curtailing the individual rights of others?
So you think it is OK for someone to start a thread with an obvious intent to cause trouble?

Why do you post on this forum Jules?

You claim not to live in the UK or plan to return.
Old Feb 19th 2009, 12:51 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

May not have meant it but still said it. For example, I aimed the gun at that person and pulled the trigger but then again I didn`t mean to shoot them.
Hey, hey, hey, where did that come from?. A bit over the top I think. You were the one who brought up the 'witch hunt' thing. No one else has talked about that at all.
Old Feb 19th 2009, 12:59 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

So you think it is OK for someone to start a thread with an obvious intent to cause trouble?

Why do you post on this forum Jules?

You claim not to live in the UK or plan to return.
I don`t advocate people starting threads to cause trouble at all. It was previously stated, that where else should the OP post their experiences of life back in the UK if not on the MBTTUK forum? It only causes trouble when certain people over react in an agressive manner, to be honest this forum is far more civilized than others on here and doesn`t get agressive as such.

I post for a number of reasons, such as reading about others experiences, life in english speaking countries, practicing my own english and to beat the boredom of work etc. Why do you post?

I don`t live in the UK or plan to live in the UK and I didn`t realize that was a prerequisite for being on this forum.
Old Feb 19th 2009, 1:00 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

Originally Posted by Sue
Hey, hey, hey, where did that come from?. A bit over the top I think. You were the one who brought up the 'witch hunt' thing. No one else has talked about that at all.
I certainly did bring it up as it sounded like a good idea at the time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.