Ping pong pom

Old Feb 19th 2009, 7:56 am
Weirdo Latin Dude

Jules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ping pong pom

Originally Posted by Bevm
I was meaning the people Coda interacts with in London. Not a personal attack, but there's research showing that the people we mingle with, even in a casual way affect our happiness. If I could remember the details I'd dig it up.

But I think, sounds strange, that it spreads out. If your neighbours know happy people it makes you happier. If they know unhappy people, they make you unhappier.

Not so strange, I suppose. They might take out their bad moods on you.

So anyway, just that it's better for all around us for us to be happy than unhappy. So if he/she needs to move to be happy, go for it.

Bev
After reading Coda`s accounts it seems most were already quite miserable anyway. Interesting theory that concerning the people we mingle with, when I mingle for example with the ladies of the night I feel quite happy but when I mingle with my work collegues I feel quite unhappy You may well have something there, despite the fact that I thought it was more often connected with your visual surroundings and the weather etc but the people aspect would seem most obvious anyway.

Not so long ago on here, I suggested that houses in the UK were actually economically well priced compared to some countries and a certain person that was actually looking to buy a house at that time (BE member) was in a bad mood because they were struggling to buy in the UK, thus decided to take their bad mood out on me...............So agree with your point there most definately.
Old Feb 19th 2009, 8:09 am
Banned

Coda is just really niceCoda is just really niceCoda is just really niceCoda is just really niceCoda is just really niceCoda is just really niceCoda is just really niceCoda is just really niceCoda is just really niceCoda is just really nice

Originally Posted by Jules Europe
But the postee chose Prince Edward Island over those two delights didn`t she.

Why is Coda making everybody miserable on here? He/She is only expressing an opinion on an internet site and that is all. It may be highly subjective but personal opinions often are.

To actually suggest that Coda is making people miserable actually sounds ludicrous. Only the most weak willed who are living a life of misery abroad and see their future return to the UK, as some sort of bastion of hope are actually going to be possibly affected by Coda`s comments, nobody else should be.
Dude, I've just re-read my OP and I can't honestly see what the drama is. People have spit the dummy. I mean, most of what I have said can be backed up with solid facts, afterall. The rest is opinion. Sure, I might be wrong. But, I also might be right. What I have noticed is a tendency to attack ME rather than negate some of my assertions. I'm sure it makes them feel better by trying to make me look like a miserable whinger, and that's the real reason I'm leaving... But the fact is I believe that the UK has gone to the dogs.
My posts should be a timely warning to anyone thinking of moving back here expecting nirvana when they arrive. The fact the UK is deep in recession should be ample reason alone, to reconsider a move back.
Ironically, the things the irate posters have accused me of (e.g. running back to OZ because Im not satisfied with the UK) is what I am warning expats living in OZ who are thinking of moving to the UK.
The same logic applies : the grass might not be greener.
I reckon most of the people who prefer the UK are a certain type who enjoy being with their mums, watching soap operas. e.g. Women!
Old Feb 19th 2009, 8:37 am
jmh
BE Forum Addict

jmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond repute

After reading Coda`s accounts it seems most were already quite miserable anyway. Interesting theory that concerning the people we mingle with, when I mingle for example with the ladies of the night I feel quite happy but when I mingle with my work collegues I feel quite unhappy You may well have something there, despite the fact that I thought it was more often connected with your visual surroundings and the weather etc but the people aspect would seem most obvious anyway.

Not so long ago on here, I suggested that houses in the UK were actually economically well priced compared to some countries and a certain person that was actually looking to buy a house at that time (BE member) was in a bad mood because they were struggling to buy in the UK, thus decided to take their bad mood out on me...............So agree with your point there most definately.
Yeah I agree that certain people spread their negativity around...... Best to avoid them.
Old Feb 19th 2009, 8:43 am
Weirdo Latin Dude

Jules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Coda
Dude, I've just re-read my OP and I can't honestly see what the drama is. People have spit the dummy. I mean, most of what I have said can be backed up with solid facts, afterall. The rest is opinion. Sure, I might be wrong. But, I also might be right. What I have noticed is a tendency to attack ME rather than negate some of my assertions. I'm sure it makes them feel better by trying to make me look like a miserable whinger, and that's the real reason I'm leaving... But the fact is I believe that the UK has gone to the dogs.
My posts should be a timely warning to anyone thinking of moving back here expecting nirvana when they arrive. The fact the UK is deep in recession should be ample reason alone, to reconsider a move back.
Ironically, the things the irate posters have accused me of (e.g. running back to OZ because Im not satisfied with the UK) is what I am warning expats living in OZ who are thinking of moving to the UK.
The same logic applies : the grass might not be greener.
I reckon most of the people who prefer the UK are a certain type who enjoy being with their mums, watching soap operas. e.g. Women!
Some people have tried to negate your assertions to their credit but I`ll agree others have decided to attack you. As you`re a newish member here you are probably not aware of the pack mentality (see following thread called "Just returned to the UK to film tv prog........initial thoughts" its on page 12 of this forum and on post no.327 I attempt to explain what this pack is) Back on topic though and from a personal point of view, I often find it hard why somebody hates Australia, Canada or the UK because the majority of its people are from the same gene pool, speak the same language, similiar culture, similiar opportunities etc In fact they are all first world countries in which many other people strive to reach. In fact the weather and its effects are probably the only principal differences.

Last edited by Jules Europe; Feb 19th 2009 at 8:45 am.
Old Feb 19th 2009, 8:44 am
Weirdo Latin Dude

Originally Posted by jmh
Yeah I agree that certain people spread their negativity around...... Best to avoid them.
Especially if one has suicidal tendencies.
Old Feb 19th 2009, 9:03 am
Banned

Coda is just really niceCoda is just really niceCoda is just really niceCoda is just really niceCoda is just really niceCoda is just really niceCoda is just really niceCoda is just really niceCoda is just really niceCoda is just really nice

Some people have tried to negate your assertions to their credit but I`ll agree others have decided to attack you. As you`re a newish member here you are probably not aware of the pack mentality (see following thread called "Just returned to the UK to film tv prog........initial thoughts" its on page 12 of this forum and on post no.327 I attempt to explain what this pack is) Back on topic though and from a personal point of view, I often find it hard why somebody hates Australia, Canada or the UK because the majority of its people are from the same gene pool, speak the same language, similiar culture, similiar opportunities etc In fact they are all first world countries in which many other people strive to reach. In fact tThe weather though and its effects are probably the only principal differences.
My reasons for moving back to OZ are :

a) Weather, prefer sunshine
b) Sports & outdoor lifestyle
c) Commute times less
d) Better standard of living
e) Cheaper houses
f) less stressed work place environment
g) Not as crowded and overpopulated
h) access to great outdoors
i) Same level of health-care,
j) In house Entertainment is virtually the same, the net has made the world a small place, so can watch Bbc tv online (not very important to me).
k) no class system Very important to me as I'm working class.
l) No royal family. Very important to me as I want to abolish it.

ps - I'll check that thread out.

pps - still not sure why people have spit the dummy. If you have a rock-solid belief system then an opinion which differs to yours should not shake it to it's foundations. I suspect the posters who claim the UK is great have just a few nagging doubts - just my hunch.
Old Feb 19th 2009, 9:10 am
Weirdo Latin Dude

c) Commute times less
e) Cheaper houses
j) In house Entertainment is virtually the same, the net has made the world a small place, so can watch Bbc tv online (not very important to me).

pps - still not sure why people have spit the dummy. If you have a rock-solid belief system then an opinion which differs to yours should not shake it to it's foundations. I suspect the posters who claim the UK is great have just a few nagging doubts - just my hunch.
IÂŽm off now to a meeting but quickly isn`t the UK`s royal family also AustraliaÂŽs royal family? Also got the impression that housing was expensive in Aus as well?
Old Feb 19th 2009, 9:17 am
Banned

cricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond repute

Ladies of the night probably give you something that your work colleagues don't so not a fair comparison.
How long have you been a gigolo exactly?
Old Feb 19th 2009, 9:18 am
Banned

cricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond repute

c) Commute times less
e) Cheaper houses

I think you deserve Australia.
Old Feb 19th 2009, 9:44 am
Forum Regular

highersights is a jewel in the roughhighersights is a jewel in the roughhighersights is a jewel in the roughhighersights is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Sue
Nothing to do with free speech etc, its just some are puzzling why you posted this in the MBTTUK forum when you are clearly looking to move away from the UK, thats all.
Surely it's fair enough. Coda is posting on MBTTUK because she moved back to the UK, and is sharing her experience. There is a tendency on this forum only to 'allow' good reports of the return - indeed to promote them - which distorts the reality of the collective experience of moving back to the UK and creates a very biased picture. Negative postings are often shot down unless they are expressed extremely sensitively. Not everyone is inclined to be so balanced, or untruthful. If the post was one slagging of the UK from someone who had moved away and never moved back, then fair enough - that is outside the scope of the forum. But Coda has in fact moved back to the UK. It sends a clear message to future disgruntled returnees "Don't rock our boat".

Indeed, under the link for this forum it states:
"Moving back to the UK after a long spell abroad can be very daunting. Share your experiences or ask a question."

I appreciate negative reports can be uncomfortable for some thinking about returning, but perhaps they can provide a little balance too, or maybe even help prevent a very expensive mistake in some cases. Coda may be a fairly 'robust' in her criticisms of the UK, but she is just sharing her experience of moving back to the UK - the raison d'ĂȘtre of the forum.

Last edited by highersights; Feb 19th 2009 at 10:22 am. Reason: sp
Old Feb 19th 2009, 9:55 am
BE Enthusiast

3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone fancy a game of whist?
Old Feb 19th 2009, 10:09 am
Weirdo Latin Dude

Originally Posted by highersights
Surely it's fair enough. Coda is posting on MBTTUK because she moved back to the UK, and is sharing her experience. There is a tendency on this forum only to 'allow' good reports of the return - indeed to promote them - which distorts the reality of the collective experience of moving back to the UK and creates a very biased picture. Negative postings are often shot down unless they are expressed extremely sensitively. Not everyone is include to be so balanced, or untruthful. If the post was one slagging of the UK from someone who had moved away and never moved back, then fair enough - that is outside the scope of the forum. But Coda has in fact moved back to the UK. It sends a clear message to future disgruntled returnees "Don't rock our boat".

Indeed, under the link for this forum it states:
"Moving back to the UK after a long spell abroad can be very daunting. Share your experiences or ask a question."

I appreciate negative reports can be uncomfortable for some thinking about returning, but perhaps they can provide a little balance too, or maybe even help prevent a very expensive mistake in some cases. Coda may be a fairly 'robust' in her criticisms of the UK, but she is just sharing her experience of moving back to the UK - the raison d'ĂȘtre of the forum.
I assumed Coda to be a he rather than a she..........Coda please verify whether you are of the meaty variety or of fishy variety to dispel all doubts?
Old Feb 19th 2009, 10:10 am
Banned

I assumed Coda to be a he rather than a she..........Coda please verify whether you are of the meaty variety or of fishy variety to dispel all doubts?
fish
Old Feb 19th 2009, 10:11 am
Weirdo Latin Dude

Originally Posted by cricket1
Ladies of the night probably give you something that your work colleagues don't so not a fair comparison.
How long have you been a gigolo exactly?
Since about the age of 12 when I realized what my thingy could do.......I was rather a late developer you know.
Old Feb 19th 2009, 10:13 am
Weirdo Latin Dude

fish
I assumed you to be a male but I was wrong................Wow I like you, you`ve certainly got plenty of gumption and attitude.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.