British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Moving back or to the UK (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/)
-   -   Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/over-40s-moving-back-catching-up-701116/)

robin1234 Feb 15th 2017 7:39 am

Re: Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Originally Posted by Editha (Post 12177100)
If Trump is impeached, Mike Pence becomes Potus. I don't see that as much of an improvement.

I have to disagree with you. With Trump, the world is closer to big power instability and nuclear war and the end of civilisation. Pence, I believe, would restore the tried and true norms of foreign relations and defence, and we'd be back on track with a good chance of survival.

Fish n Chips 56 Feb 15th 2017 9:13 am

Originally Posted by robin1234 (Post 12180336)
I have to disagree with you. With Trump, the world is closer to big power instability and nuclear war and the end of civilisation. Pence, I believe, would restore the tried and true norms of foreign relations and defence, and we'd be back on track with a good chance of survival.

I totally agree, Pence and Trump are different, Id take anyone over Trump at this point, he is just not that stable in my mind.

scot47 Feb 15th 2017 9:20 am

Then same forces that got rid of Kennedy and removed Nixon from power are already at work. In Turkey they call it "The Deep State". There is a similar phenomenon in the USA.

Here's hoping they get him out before he presses that button.

Editha Feb 15th 2017 10:02 am

Yes you are right. Pence would be an improvement. I was wrong.

spouse of scouse Feb 15th 2017 11:47 am

Thank you for the documentary link BEVS. I don't despise many people, but I despise Trump and all he stands for.

Perth Feb 15th 2017 8:50 pm

There is a second film - You've Been Trumped Too - but not sure where it is available in the UK. We saw it when it first came out, I think on Amazon US.

Perth Mar 26th 2017 1:40 am

After 4 1/2 years of planning and preparing my husband and I are finally on our way home! I can't tell you how much I have appreciated your company along the way. Not going anywhere, but just wanted to say thanks guys. Couldn't have made it without you :heart: :britflag:

fulwood Mar 26th 2017 2:59 am

Good luck Perth!

verystormy Mar 26th 2017 9:32 am

Originally Posted by Perth (Post 12213145)
After 4 1/2 years of planning and preparing my husband and I are finally on our way home! I can't tell you how much I have appreciated your company along the way. Not going anywhere, but just wanted to say thanks guys. Couldn't have made it without you :heart: :britflag:

You couldn't have picked a better time.

Spring has arrived wonderfully. Yesterday I was out walking the dog in the fields with daffodils looking stunning and the sun shining in blue sky and warm enough to sit outdoors in a t-shirt. Today is the same and forecast to be next week.

Jerseygirl Mar 26th 2017 11:40 am

When are you leaving?

All the best. Please update us as soon as you can. Safe travels.

Where is the 'green with envy' emoji?

curleytops Mar 26th 2017 12:23 pm

Congratulations Perth, have a safe journey!

Perth Mar 26th 2017 2:06 pm

Thanks all! JG we are leaving in 2-3 weeks :eek:

Fish n Chips 56 Mar 26th 2017 3:33 pm

Congratulations, 2-3 weeks, How Wonderful, I hope everything turns out well for you.

Jerseygirl Mar 26th 2017 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by Perth (Post 12213424)
Thanks all! JG we are leaving in 2-3 weeks :eek:

Wow...that's wonderful. Stressful no doubt...but wonderful.

Good luck.

scrubbedexpat097 Mar 27th 2017 1:06 am

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl (Post 12213349)
When are you leaving?

All the best. Please update us as soon as you can. Safe travels.

Where is the 'green with envy' emoji?

Agree, in some ways I am very jealous.

Good luck Perth:nod::thumbsup: