British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Moving back or to the UK (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/)
-   -   Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/over-40s-moving-back-catching-up-701116/)

Fish n Chips 56 Dec 3rd 2016 2:26 am

Re: Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Originally Posted by cheers (Post 12119973)
You know of course that 'the Donald' wanted to date her?

I didn't know that, makes you wonder if they would have stayed married, LoL Heck she was farrrrrrrr too good for him.

I remember what I was doing when I heard she'd past on , What an unbelievable Saturday that was, In my eyes she will always be a lady.

J.JsOH Dec 3rd 2016 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by Fish n Chips 56 (Post 12120225)
Well that's a nice thing to say, Thankyou!.

Was it the "Love" comment that did it?

It seems Sheffield has a language all its own, If I want a dose of reality I watch "The Full Monty".

We had a few days visit to Sheffield earlier this year and thoroughly enjoyed it, people were very pleasant.

Derrygal Dec 3rd 2016 11:48 pm

Originally Posted by cheers (Post 12119973)
You know of course that 'the Donald' wanted to date her?

Originally Posted by Fish n Chips 56 (Post 12120227)
I didn't know that, makes you wonder if they would have stayed married, LoL Heck she was farrrrrrrr too good for him.

I remember what I was doing when I heard she'd past on , What an unbelievable Saturday that was, In my eyes she will always be a lady.

Yea - way too good for the likes of him! Hell - anyone is too good for him. He's such an assh*le.

Fish n Chips 56 Dec 4th 2016 8:22 am

Originally Posted by Derrygal (Post 12120697)
Yea - way too good for the likes of him! Hell - anyone is too good for him. He's such an assh*le.

Derry you said it much better than I.

Jerseygirl Dec 4th 2016 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by Fish n Chips 56 (Post 12120225)
Well that's a nice thing to say, Thankyou!.

Was it the "Love" comment that did it?

It seems Sheffield has a language all its own, If I want a dose of reality I watch "The Full Monty".

Not just the 'love' comment but the way you write your posts.

Originally Posted by J.JsOH (Post 12120487)
We had a few days visit to Sheffield earlier this year and thoroughly enjoyed it, people were very pleasant.

Sheffielders are the salt of the earth. :thumbsup:

Fish n Chips 56 Dec 4th 2016 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl (Post 12121001)
Not just the 'love' comment but the way you write your posts.

Sheffielders are the salt of the earth. :thumbsup:

Salt of the Earth is Rate Luv!!! So glad you enjoyed Sheffield John...

I usually write like I speak, that's why my posts are usually long, its all in the details.

Thanks again...

shelley748 Dec 20th 2016 7:38 pm

Hi everyone- thought I would pop in and say HI! Still in Canada- now decided to wait and see how things look when I retire. (4 years hopefully) nervous about moving back for a number of reasons; 1. healthcare; 2. crime and refugee immigrants 3. ability to live somewhere quieter but with good access to good healthcare.

Canada is so expensive now its not even funny- Liberals in charge Federally and in Ontario- our electricity (hydro) highest in North America- my monthly bill for 651 KWH usage is $221 per month, around 111 pounds.

Thinking I would like to move somewhere south in Dorset or Devon/Somerset...

thoughts/advice?

Merry Christmas to everyone!!

Giantaxe Dec 21st 2016 2:06 am

Originally Posted by shelley748 (Post 12133391)
Canada is so expensive now its not even funny- Liberals in charge Federally and in Ontario- our electricity (hydro) highest in North America- my monthly bill for 651 KWH usage is $221 per month, around 111 pounds.

Canada's carbon tax is (almost) revenue neutral so I look on this as a positive about Canada.

Why conservatives have it wrong about Trudeau’s carbon tax - The Globe and Mail

jasper123 Dec 22nd 2016 11:59 am

Originally Posted by shelley748 (Post 12133391)
Hi everyone- thought I would pop in and say HI! Still in Canada- now decided to wait and see how things look when I retire. (4 years hopefully) nervous about moving back for a number of reasons; 1. healthcare; 2. crime and refugee immigrants 3. ability to live somewhere quieter but with good access to good healthcare.

Thinking I would like to move somewhere south in Dorset or Devon/Somerset...

thoughts/advice?

Merry Christmas to everyone!!

Shelley they say Portsmouth is a lovely place to live, with Southsea a couple of miles away where they have daily boat trips to France, and a short ferry ride to the Isle of white,

cheers Dec 26th 2016 10:38 pm

So I got to see the match between Chelsea and Bournemouth today Boxing day.
This Christmas I missed my mothers mince pies and her bunloaf to name a few.
Cheers

Perth Dec 29th 2016 4:11 pm

Wishing everyone here at MBttUK a very happy new year. If one of your goals for the year is to go home, may your dream come true. Otherwise, a very happy and healthy one to one and all :drinkingwine:

cheers Dec 29th 2016 4:55 pm

Originally Posted by Perth (Post 12138447)
Wishing everyone here at MBttUK a very happy new year. If one of your goals for the year is to go home, may your dream come true. Otherwise, a very happy and healthy one to one and all :drinkingwine:

A Happy New Year to you and all the contributors on here.
I will be there in May.
Unfortunately I will just visiting.
Cheers

jasper123 Jan 1st 2017 1:35 pm

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL MY WONDERFUL FRIENDS ON THIS THREAD, AND MAY 2017 BE THE YEAR THAT ALL YOUR DREAMS COME TRUE,
STAY SAFE AND PROSPER, AND MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU :thumbsup:

cheers Jan 1st 2017 5:19 pm

Originally Posted by jasper123 (Post 12140197)
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL MY WONDERFUL FRIENDS ON THIS THREAD, AND MAY 2017 BE THE YEAR THAT ALL YOUR DREAMS COME TRUE,
STAY SAFE AND PROSPER, AND MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU :thumbsup:

Same to you and all the rest of the contributors.

Cheers

shelley748 Jan 2nd 2017 1:44 am

Originally Posted by jasper123 (Post 12134677)
Shelley they say Portsmouth is a lovely place to live, with Southsea a couple of miles away where they have daily boat trips to France, and a short ferry ride to the Isle of white,

Thanks Jasper...I worry about healthcare and crime, should I be?