Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Hubby really down about going home.

Hubby really down about going home.

Old Mar 26th 2007, 6:27 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hubby really down about going home.

[QUOTE=TraceyW;4561520]
Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl

Yes, and a reduction on his mouth
That'll no doubt come free if he carries on in real life the way he has on here.
Old Mar 26th 2007, 6:27 am

kez81 is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=jad n rich;4561073]
Originally Posted by Big Pete

Have you been to australia, does not sound like it. Brit media and OZ media report in very different ways, a kid disappeared in the UK, front page for days even tho she was found, kid disappeared in sydney, stolen from bedroom, never found it made a small news article once. UK's negative media is infamous.

The part of aus we live in gets twice the rain of the UK and anyone in the Uk would quickly tell us its less populated, so why are the dams only 19%full.

NHS is in trouble, well so is the medicare system here, and yet it covers very little compared to the NHS.

If you think aussie nurses are treated so great read some of the posts from them, glittababes recent post, the ones on mental health care in oz... Our doctors and nurses leave to work in UK we have a shortage of medical staff in many parts of OZ. MRSA and other nasties, we have it here too, its just that the media really dont clutch onto every story they can find of a case and stick it on the front page of the paper.

Teenagers, well we have teenagers and know them here and in the UK, good and bad in both places, seen dozens of posts about Uk teenagers happyslapping etc well it all happens here too, but rarely makes front page.

You are simply backing up what I said in the first place, that the UK media makes out its just the UK that has problems. Well its not.

And before you ask yes weve lived in the Uk and was back there twice in 2006/7.
HERE HERE WELL SAID!!!
Old Mar 26th 2007, 8:35 am
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Big Pete
Gold Coast
Better than here , heck you must be living a sad desperate life to willingly come here . Its on a slow descending rot this country is in why do you think i am leaving ? You are selfish to drag your kids and hubby back against there wishes ? to the UK ?

Wake up and smell the coffee Tracey . look around what you have a lot of women would give there right arms for !! Stand by your man as the song says dont make him live a life hateing you for bringing him to the UK to spend his days stuck indoors watching telly !!!
Oh Big Pete - you wake up and smell the coffee!!! You have made it quite clear that you think the UK is a pile of crap - fair enough that's your opinion (although why post on a forum where the majority of people are looking for some kind of support with a decision to move back to the UK??) but do not have a go at someone like Tracey who has opened her heart to people on this forum and is struggling with the awful scenario of feeling unhappy in a country, but equally knowing her husband is unhappy about returning to the UK - by posting on this site she is looking for support.

I too have been in her situation and have lived in Perth (where Tracey is) and am now back in the UK so feel I am qualified to comment - and I would choose the UK over Perth everytime. In addition many years of research have shown that to bring up happy healthy children you need a happy stable home life which means happy healthy parents - this is far more important than anything else!! Please do not call anyone selfish - Tracey has already intimated her guilty feeelings over wanting to come back - she is not at all selfish - she is in a position like I was - someone who loves her husband and children but is unhappy with her current surroundings and has the right to do something about it for her sake and the sake of her family.

So off to Spain with you!! Where are you off to??... the 'costa plonker??'

P.S Tracey - I know you are more than capable of standing up for yourself but just need to 'vent' when I saw this post from Big Pete!!

Last edited by pommybird; Mar 26th 2007 at 8:44 am.
Old Mar 26th 2007, 8:47 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by pommybird
Oh Big Pete - you wake up and smell the coffee!!! You have made it quite clear that you think the UK is a pile of crap - fair enough that's your opinion (although why post on a forum where the majority of people are looking for some kind of support with a decision to move back to the UK??) but do not have a go at someone like Tracey who has opened her heart to people on this forum and is struggling with the awful scenario of feeling unhappy in a country, but equally knowing her husband is unhappy about returning to the UK - by posting on this site she is looking for support.

I too have been in her situation and have lived in Perth (where Tracey is) and am now back in the UK so feel I am qualified to comment - and I would choose the UK over Perth everytime. In addition many years of research have shown that to bring up happy healthy children you need a happy stable home life which means happy healthy parents - this is far more important than anything else!! Please do not call anyone selfish - Tracey has already intimated her guilty feeelings over wanting to come back - she is not at all selfish - she is in a position like I was - someone who loves her husband and children but is unhappy with her current surroundings and has the right to do something about it for her sake and the sake of her family.

So off to Spain with you!! Where are you off to the 'costa plonker??'

P.S Tracey - I know you are more than capable of standing up for yourself but just need to 'vent' when I saw this post from Big Pete!!

Thank you pommy, I appreciate your kindness.

You are quite right, I am not a selfish person at all. If I was, I wouldn't be worried at all about my husbands feelings would I? I would just say "Tough, we're going". As for a person attacking me personally, let's just say I am used to it after spending almost three years here and not enjoying it. People have said I am blind, stupid, wearing rosie tints, niave, not strong enough, a bit thick because I don't like it here, I've been advised to see a psychiatrist (!!!) because I can't settle, and now I am selfish and thoughtless! What a list eh? These snide, cruel comments from a person like Big-plonker are like water off a ducks back to me now.

Our future is pretty uncertain at the moment. However, what I do know is this; we will make a move away from here once I complete my degree. That is deffinite. Wherever we move to, our children will be our number one priority. That is also deffinite. Me and hubby will support each other wholeheartedly with whatever decision is made. This is something we have always done and will continue to do.
Old Mar 26th 2007, 8:57 am
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TraceyW
Thank you pommy, I appreciate your kindness.

You are quite right, I am not a selfish person at all. If I was, I wouldn't be worried at all about my husbands feelings would I? I would just say "Tough, we're going". As for a person attacking me personally, let's just say I am used to it after spending almost three years here and not enjoying it. People have said I am blind, stupid, wearing rosie tints, niave, not strong enough, a bit thick because I don't like it here, I've been advised to see a psychiatrist (!!!) because I can't settle, and now I am selfish and thoughtless! What a list eh? These snide, cruel comments from a person like Big-plonker are like water off a ducks back to me now.

Our future is pretty uncertain at the moment. However, what I do know is this; we will make a move away from here once I complete my degree. That is deffinite. Wherever we move to, our children will be our number one priority. That is also deffinite. Me and hubby will support each other wholeheartedly with whatever decision is made. This is something we have always done and will continue to do.
You're most welcome - just wanted to show my support!! I can completely empathise with you having been in the same position - the main thing is you have your lovely children and the love and support of your husband - everything else will slot into place once your degree is finished - everything happens for a reason, Perth is just another chapter in your life, and you'll look back on it one day and tell your grandkids all about it.......
Old Mar 26th 2007, 9:28 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pommybird
Oh Big Pete - you wake up and smell the coffee!!!

That was exactly how I felt pommybird, he riled me infact, especially when he said this [you must be living a sad desperate life to willingly come here] and then this [You are selfish to drag your kids and hubby back against there wishes ? to the UK ? ] .

He was bang out of order and I believe, should have the decency to apologise.
Old Mar 26th 2007, 9:35 am
Account Closed

He was bang out of order and I believe, should have the decency to apologise.

Alas, I seriously doubt he will be a gentleman and do that.
Old Mar 26th 2007, 11:18 am
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

i have a friend working for the british immigration, she says people that have joined the european union are coming into the uk by the bus load. Literally! Life is better for the people that enter the UK, child benefits, free schooling. Health care. Even living in the worst conditions in the UK is still beter than living where they are from. Its fact
So what?
They are not taking a job that you would otherwise be doing are they?
Old Mar 26th 2007, 1:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Deedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Danny B
So what?
They are not taking a job that you would otherwise be doing are they?
so what? A job I would otherwise be doing? I have family members affected by it. My father has had to go to a three day week just to keep any sort of income coming in as a lorry driver, he cant change jobs he is 62 for gods sake. They are used to different living standards and conditions. I find the so what condescending. Your not going to find them in the blue collar sector but in the labouring. They do work for less, which is great if u need anything doing, they live sparingly so to send money back home to feed their families.

Why do u think the big firms are relocating from the original Europe to places in the Eastern Europe. They are getting massive tax cuts and the labour force is cheap. However it will turn around and bite them in the ass one day, because the cost and standard will go up there too.

Returning to a job I would have been doing, well I left didnt i. I became one of millions went out for a better life elsewhere. Because my job was affected. My firm went out and used agencies. Cheap labour. Is that the immigration fault? No? its evolution?

As I said earlier, if ur so set against where u are, why put urself in an early grave. And if ur so unsure about the consequences then dont cut off all ur ties, leave a back door open so that u may return if need be.

Home is home, wherever that may be for most of us.
Old Mar 26th 2007, 3:19 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

1) The average Polish income is £4,000 per year
2) Poland has the highest unemployment rate in Europe

As they say in North America, "You do the Math"..and for what it's worth I am sitting next to a Pole at work here in London who is an extremely intelligent SAP consultant earning £450 per day.

He told me to tell you not to tar them all with the same brush
Old Mar 26th 2007, 3:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Deedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Danny B
1) The average Polish income is £4,000 per year
2) Poland has the highest unemployment rate in Europe

As they say in North America, "You do the Math"..and for what it's worth I am sitting next to a Pole at work here in London who is an extremely intelligent SAP consultant earning £450 per day.

He told me to tell you not to tar them all with the same brush
4,000 a year so it proves the point that they have a different standard of living?

Greetings to your extremely intelligent SAP consultant earning 450 a day. Not putting all in the same bag, however the majority over the minority dont u agree?

All I am saying that it will obviously have some effect to the general workforce, the migration in general. And it is!!
Old Mar 26th 2007, 6:10 pm
Tea Drinker

Originally Posted by Deedee13
4,000 a year so it proves the point that they have a different standard of living?

Greetings to your extremely intelligent SAP consultant earning 450 a day. Not putting all in the same bag, however the majority over the minority dont u agree?

All I am saying that it will obviously have some effect to the general workforce, the migration in general. And it is!!

Four grand a year in Poland will get you a standard of living comparable to a ten grand a year minimum wage job in the UK. After you pay your bills, rent , food etc you have **** all left.
I don't want to get in a debate over Polish Immigrants, personally I am not affected by them, because ike you say they are not applying for "white collar" jobs [this is not a snobish remark btw, just my situation]

I feel for your Dad I really do, but be honest with me here, if you were struggling financially in this Country, no health care, crap government, and you had the opportunity to earn four times as much as you do now in a country that was 1hr 45mins away by plane, would you go?

It's the same principal as all the Brits who worked tax free in Saudi, bankers in Hong Kong, and builders in Spain & Germany. They went for money not for the love of the Country they were working in.
Old Mar 26th 2007, 7:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

I feel for your Dad I really do, but be honest with me here, if you were struggling financially in this Country, no health care, crap government, and you had the opportunity to earn four times as much as you do now in a country that was 1hr 45mins away by plane, would you go?

It's the same principal as all the Brits who worked tax free in Saudi, bankers in Hong Kong, and builders in Spain & Germany. They went for money not for the love of the Country they were working in.

Well put!!!!!!!! I totally agree with u! So really can we sit and moan about the influx of people from the new european countries - not really can we. They too are looking to improve their lot just like we do when we go to far off countries. So in reality even with all the much publisized negatives aspects we should be the ones that are more tolerant of people trying to make a go of it in our country.
Old Mar 26th 2007, 8:20 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=St.Georges Girl;4561926]That was exactly how I felt pommybird, he riled me infact, especially when he said this [you must be living a sad desperate life to willingly come here] and then this [You are selfish to drag your kids and hubby back against there wishes ? to the UK ? ] .

He was bang out of order and I believe, should have the decency to apologise.QUOTE]

In reply to the above and several of the other anti me posts

No i wont be apologizing as i have nothing to apologize for ?

I am living in UK as you are aware !! I mix and mingle daily with the UK people , and everything i stated i stand by !

The crux of the scenario is and these are facts !!
the poster has advised ALL the family love it there !!
She doesnt ?
Now so as to save all the heartache let alone costs ? For her to come to the UK and think that everything is cosy and the country is as it was , and her problems will all go away !!

I felt it only FAIR to ask her to think it through and advise how in my opinion she should wake up , as her mind is remembering them couple of days spent in the Park with the Pond and the kids laughing and the birds tweeting and the sun just setting over the top of them lovely Green trees !!
But maybe forgetting the reality of the Grey wet dismal day when the day out she planned got ruined by the traffic jam and the fact her hubby had to do that late shift so as to pay that excessive big Mortgage and the Council rate bill that just arrived !!

Now being honest i dont care a tosh ! And in all fairness you lot are merely telling her whatever she wants to hear ? And not being honest and seeing the whole picture ? Remember she is 1 of 4 in the Family ? 3 Love it she doesnt !!

So think of the 3 and dont just play the ohhh shes my mate bit !

Because the way i can see this going is as follows ;
They move here and the kids resent her for dragging them here ?
The Husband will try his best not to ! BUT will always secretly hate her for what he has given up to come back to a country which anyone who lives here and pays the bills and actually lives here knows is slowly deteriating and having a medium standard of living is hard work .

So be a true mate to her and remember you have to be cruel to be kind sometimes !!
Old Mar 26th 2007, 11:35 pm
Account Closed

[QUOTE=Big Pete;4564368]
That was exactly how I felt pommybird, he riled me infact, especially when he said this [you must be living a sad desperate life to willingly come here] and then this [You are selfish to drag your kids and hubby back against there wishes ? to the UK ? ] .

He was bang out of order and I believe, should have the decency to apologise.QUOTE]

In reply to the above and several of the other anti me posts

No i wont be apologizing as i have nothing to apologize for ?

I am living in UK as you are aware !! I mix and mingle daily with the UK people , and everything i stated i stand by !

The crux of the scenario is and these are facts !!
the poster has advised ALL the family love it there !!
She doesnt ?
Now so as to save all the heartache let alone costs ? For her to come to the UK and think that everything is cosy and the country is as it was , and her problems will all go away !!

I felt it only FAIR to ask her to think it through and advise how in my opinion she should wake up , as her mind is remembering them couple of days spent in the Park with the Pond and the kids laughing and the birds tweeting and the sun just setting over the top of them lovely Green trees !!
But maybe forgetting the reality of the Grey wet dismal day when the day out she planned got ruined by the traffic jam and the fact her hubby had to do that late shift so as to pay that excessive big Mortgage and the Council rate bill that just arrived !!

Now being honest i dont care a tosh ! And in all fairness you lot are merely telling her whatever she wants to hear ? And not being honest and seeing the whole picture ? Remember she is 1 of 4 in the Family ? 3 Love it she doesnt !!

So think of the 3 and dont just play the ohhh shes my mate bit !

Because the way i can see this going is as follows ;
They move here and the kids resent her for dragging them here ?
The Husband will try his best not to ! BUT will always secretly hate her for what he has given up to come back to a country which anyone who lives here and pays the bills and actually lives here knows is slowly deteriating and having a medium standard of living is hard work .

So be a true mate to her and remember you have to be cruel to be kind sometimes !!
Right, enough is enough you overly opinionated plonker you. Now I'm P*SSED

You have no right whatsoever to judge me or my family. You do not know me, my circumstances or the make up of our marriage/family. Therefore how dare you insinuate that I am a selfish and thoughtless wife and mother and that I put my own needs before those of my family.

You have stepped beyond the boundaries of decency to even begin to raise the issue that my husband will hate me for taking him back to England. You do not know my husband in any way, shape or form, for he is the man the least likely to be capable of the hatred emotion; unlike you, you seem incredibly nasty and twisted.

And to even begin to bring in our financial circumstances back in England!! You really are way off the mark. Do you know what money we have? No! So keep your very narrow minded opinions about our bank balance and mortgage situation to yourself.

Think about what you typed to me. A person you do not know and whom you got overly personal about. Would you have spoken in such an insulting way to me if I had been standing next to you in the pub? I seriously doubt it. If you had, you'd've been wearing your pint.:curse:

So, you carry on getting your overly pompous, overly-outspoken, misogynistic (look that word up!) arse out of the UK. The country and its people will be glad to see the back of you I'm sure.

To the moderators; I'm sorry I have retaliated in this way, but this idiot has over stepped the mark of decency.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.