Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Hubby really down about going home.

Hubby really down about going home.

Old Mar 21st 2007, 12:25 pm
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hubby really down about going home.

Originally Posted by TraceyW
EEEEEEEEEkkkkk my stalker is back!!!!

Dan, as the girls have said, I hardly have time to fart I'm that busy a lot of the time!

I have been back to the UK twice (once to cremate my Dad ) and yes, I agree, it was a fix...short term. It made me feel o.k for a month or so, then the usual gut wrenching homesickness started again. Waking up with a knot in my stomach everyday is not much fun. Trouble is, we can't afford for me and the kids to go home every year, it costs around $8k with flights and spending money.

It scares me silly the though of going home. I've had an e-mail from my brother this morning "The UK is going down the pan, the Polish are everywhere, the council don't collect the bins, the tax is ridiculous....." doom and gloom. The UK will always be my home though, warts n all.

By the way, I thought you were going to stalk me from Canada from now on? I thought you'd gone over there.
Hi Tracey don't want to 'diss' your bruv but all of the above mentioned things ie. bins, tax and Polish have all been features on GMTV this week (breakfast telly on ITV - does he watch it??) - I think the media are soooo much to blame for giving the impression the UK is going to the dogs - let's recap - the 'bins' - we all now have wheely bins where we live for recycling so yes our other rubbish (non recyclables) is now collected every fortnight - perfectly OK in my eyes, the 'tax' - still not as high as in OZ, the 'Polish' yes they are around in big cities but I live in Hampshire and can honestly say since we've been home I have had not seen or heard of any Polish immigrants here. If the media constantly reported the UK was ace with low taxes, low crime rate and excellent community services we would all probably be none the wiser and go along with the fact that the UK is a great place to live. Don't get me wrong we've got our problems here but where in the western world hasn't got similar issues - don't let anyone put you off and don't be scared about coming home - follow your heart!
Old Mar 25th 2007, 5:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=pommybird;4542118]Hi Tracey don't want to 'diss' your bruv but all of the above mentioned things ie. bins, tax and Polish have all been features on GMTV this week (breakfast telly on ITV - does he watch it??) - I think the media are soooo much to blame for giving the impression the UK is going to the dogs - QUOTE]

Ive dept an eye this UK media crap for a while now, It simply becomes hilarious after a while. They are complaing about water rationing, well helluluulah lets emigrate then just dont bother to find out australias gone to level 5 and may go as far as level 8 water restrictions, however the medias got it as a UK only problem.

Another one, nursing, all the brit nurses are leaving the country, someone on the OZ forum wrote for better conditions and care, yeah right!! please go and read a few posts from some of the aussie nurses working here, casual hours, told to piss off if you dont like it, Oh yeah its all so better elsewhere

People dying in hospitals, read that one this morning, go out buy the aussie sunday mail and lo behold aussies are complaing about birthing in corridors, children getting brain and spine damage from neglect, waiting times.......

I think the teenagers in the Uk is done to death, but whats in our paper today, hit and run drivers, drink drivers, teen drivers..........

The worst thing about the UK is the brainwashing of the public about stuff that in reality is just as much of a problem elsewhere.
Old Mar 25th 2007, 2:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Deedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=jad n rich;4558190]
Originally Posted by pommybird
Hi Tracey don't want to 'diss' your bruv but all of the above mentioned things ie. bins, tax and Polish have all been features on GMTV this week (breakfast telly on ITV - does he watch it??) - I think the media are soooo much to blame for giving the impression the UK is going to the dogs - QUOTE]

Ive dept an eye this UK media crap for a while now, It simply becomes hilarious after a while. They are complaing about water rationing, well helluluulah lets emigrate then just dont bother to find out australias gone to level 5 and may go as far as level 8 water restrictions, however the medias got it as a UK only problem.

Another one, nursing, all the brit nurses are leaving the country, someone on the OZ forum wrote for better conditions and care, yeah right!! please go and read a few posts from some of the aussie nurses working here, casual hours, told to piss off if you dont like it, Oh yeah its all so better elsewhere

People dying in hospitals, read that one this morning, go out buy the aussie sunday mail and lo behold aussies are complaing about birthing in corridors, children getting brain and spine damage from neglect, waiting times.......

I think the teenagers in the Uk is done to death, but whats in our paper today, hit and run drivers, drink drivers, teen drivers..........

The worst thing about the UK is the brainwashing of the public about stuff that in reality is just as much of a problem elsewhere.
i have a friend working for the british immigration, she says people that have joined the european union are coming into the uk by the bus load. Literally! Life is better for the people that enter the UK, child benefits, free schooling. Health care. Even living in the worst conditions in the UK is still beter than living where they are from. Its fact.

But that doesnt mean that it should influence someone from deciding what to do. Bad weather, its part of britian isnt it. Stuck in the house, why? just think 24 hour shopping! Pubs open all times of day and night. Football matches!

There are a lot of Eastern block newbies, talking a foreign language, but havent most continental coutries got the same! We were lucky we had the channel seperating us lol. The world is opening up and we should be embracing it, but i am guilty too getting pissed off that someone will do my job for less than what i would or could. Fish and chips will still taste the same tho.

I suppose tell him to do a list of whys and why nots and his fears or why he doesnt want to go. and u do the same.
Old Mar 25th 2007, 8:49 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=jad n rich;4558190]
Originally Posted by pommybird
Hi Tracey don't want to 'diss' your bruv but all of the above mentioned things ie. bins, tax and Polish have all been features on GMTV this week (breakfast telly on ITV - does he watch it??) - I think the media are soooo much to blame for giving the impression the UK is going to the dogs - QUOTE]

What a pile of Tosh !!!

Your speaking from what you think !! I live here and live it every day so a few facts .

1/ The media only scratch the surface of the problem !! Heavily censored for fear of being sued !
2/ Australia is a hot country so will have water shortages from time to time ! England is Wet and cloudy has 3 weeks of sunshine and the water Companies put hose pipe bans on ? Because they are privatised and they have the same ammount of Water Storage as they had 20 years ago but since then gods knows how many more millions live here !!
3/ The Brit Nurses are getting out as NHS is in trouble ! And they are going to Australia amongst other places as it happens ! Better pay and conditions !
4/ The Hospitals here have major MRSA epidemics thats a fact ..
5/ Our Teenagers are evil nasty things honest
Old Mar 25th 2007, 8:56 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute

Me and hubby had another conversation about going home last night. He is so gloomy about the prospect.

He just reckons we'll be stuck in the house not being able to go out because it's raining. He'll be scraping frost off the car, the kids will not be able to play outside like they do here because of all the weirdo's, houses will be pokey, traffic will be ridiculous, immigrants will be everywhere, crime will be rife...oh the list is endless as far as he's concerned. Basically he just hasn't got one shred of enthusiasm to go back and it's really making me question things.

How do I make him do something he doesn't want to do? I want him to be happy too. He would never have made me come here if I didn't want to come, so it's not really very fair that I'm 'making' him go back to somewhere he doesn't want to live. I just feel that all this going home thing is all about me and that's selfish on my part. Hubby and the kids are o.k here and after all, there are four of us in this family, not just me. And it is just me really that dislikes this life we're living. He'd like to try living on the Gold Coast as he reckons our lives would be much better there.

What do I do? It's all such a bloody mess.
Gold Coast
Better than here , heck you must be living a sad desperate life to willingly come here . Its on a slow descending rot this country is in why do you think i am leaving ? You are selfish to drag your kids and hubby back against there wishes ? to the UK ?

Wake up and smell the coffee Tracey . look around what you have a lot of women would give there right arms for !! Stand by your man as the song says dont make him live a life hateing you for bringing him to the UK to spend his days stuck indoors watching telly !!!
Old Mar 25th 2007, 9:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond repute

Big Pete.
Get the hell out of the UK then and stop trashing the Country.
Leave us lot alone who are returning to the UK.
Understand that there are many pesonnal reasons for people returning who are already feeling bad,guilty or very nervous about returning.
:curse:
Old Mar 25th 2007, 9:53 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Dreamaway 10
Big Pete.
Get the hell out of the UK then and stop trashing the Country.
Leave us lot alone who are returning to the UK.
Understand that there are many pesonnal reasons for people returning who are already feeling bad,guilty or very nervous about returning.
:curse:
Well think of the Hubby and the kids ?? Selfish to drag them over here ..

It remind me of a time when i went back to visit the town i was raissed ..
My memories of it were one of fun and for 12 years i always remembered it as the smashing little place where i used to live and was happy ..

One day on a business trip i thought hmmmmm i am not far away from there i will detour and go back and visit !! I got back and well the dream place that i remembered wasnt so nice it was the same yep but everything was tatty and different people so not the same at all !!

The morale of the story people moved away but retain in there minds this little memory of the good times and think it will be like that ? Truth is it isnt you get older your mind only uses selective memory waves and things never are !!

She is going to ruin 3 people just because she has this dream picture of the old UK , now do you think thats fair then ?

What if she drags them here and then they all hate it what a mess that will be ?

So i say it as i see it ..
Old Mar 25th 2007, 10:03 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Big Pete
Well think of the Hubby and the kids ?? Selfish to drag them over here ..

It remind me of a time when i went back to visit the town i was raissed ..
My memories of it were one of fun and for 12 years i always remembered it as the smashing little place where i used to live and was happy ..

One day on a business trip i thought hmmmmm i am not far away from there i will detour and go back and visit !! I got back and well the dream place that i remembered wasnt so nice it was the same yep but everything was tatty and different people so not the same at all !!

The morale of the story people moved away but retain in there minds this little memory of the good times and think it will be like that ? Truth is it isnt you get older your mind only uses selective memory waves and things never are !!

She is going to ruin 3 people just because she has this dream picture of the old UK , now do you think thats fair then ?

What if she drags them here and then they all hate it what a mess that will be ?

So i say it as i see it ..
Thank you Sigmund Freud.
Old Mar 25th 2007, 11:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Deedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
Thank you Sigmund Freud.
I can understand what Pete is saying, but each must make their own mind up. I left and funny enough could only remember the good, its wierd isnt it how the mind plays tricks on us. The good turned into fantastic, and the bad dissapeared. I went back cost me a bloody fortune in movers, new place to live etc etc need i go on. However after a year i realised big mistake made and thank god had the resources to turn right around again and come back. Would I have changed the way things turned out. NO!! I had to go back and had i not gone back I would have been as miserable as sin. Making it even worse than it already turned into. I know even now its not perfect coming back but I know its the better of the two. An experience each has to make on thier own. What worked for me might not work for the next one.
Old Mar 26th 2007, 1:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Big Pete;4560326]
Originally Posted by jad n rich

What a pile of Tosh !!!

Your speaking from what you think !! I live here and live it every day so a few facts .

1/ The media only scratch the surface of the problem !! Heavily censored for fear of being sued !
2/ Australia is a hot country so will have water shortages from time to time ! England is Wet and cloudy has 3 weeks of sunshine and the water Companies put hose pipe bans on ? Because they are privatised and they have the same ammount of Water Storage as they had 20 years ago but since then gods knows how many more millions live here !!
3/ The Brit Nurses are getting out as NHS is in trouble ! And they are going to Australia amongst other places as it happens ! Better pay and conditions !

Have you been to australia, does not sound like it. Brit media and OZ media report in very different ways, a kid disappeared in the UK, front page for days even tho she was found, kid disappeared in sydney, stolen from bedroom, never found it made a small news article once. UK's negative media is infamous.

The part of aus we live in gets twice the rain of the UK and anyone in the Uk would quickly tell us its less populated, so why are the dams only 19%full.

NHS is in trouble, well so is the medicare system here, and yet it covers very little compared to the NHS.

If you think aussie nurses are treated so great read some of the posts from them, glittababes recent post, the ones on mental health care in oz... Our doctors and nurses leave to work in UK we have a shortage of medical staff in many parts of OZ. MRSA and other nasties, we have it here too, its just that the media really dont clutch onto every story they can find of a case and stick it on the front page of the paper.

Teenagers, well we have teenagers and know them here and in the UK, good and bad in both places, seen dozens of posts about Uk teenagers happyslapping etc well it all happens here too, but rarely makes front page.

You are simply backing up what I said in the first place, that the UK media makes out its just the UK that has problems. Well its not.

And before you ask yes weve lived in the Uk and was back there twice in 2006/7.
Old Mar 26th 2007, 2:17 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Big Pete;4560326]
Originally Posted by jad n rich

What a pile of Tosh !!! DITTO TO YOU

Your speaking from what you think !! I live here and live it every day so a few facts . If you want people to take you seriously, then stop making out you know more about Oz than the people who live here.
1/ The media only scratch the surface of the problem !! Heavily censored for fear of being sued ! The media actually 'hide' real life here for fear of Oz looking less than perfect.FACT!
2/ Australia is a hot country so will have water shortages from time to time ! The understatement of the century! England is Wet and cloudy has 3 weeks of sunshine and the water Companies put hose pipe bans on ? Because they are privatised and they have the same ammount of Water Storage as they had 20 years ago but since then gods knows how many more millions live here !!
3/ The Brit Nurses are getting out as NHS is in trouble ! And they are going to Australia amongst other places as it happens ! Better pay and conditions !Utter and total rubbish!
I really take offence to that as I have teenage nieces and nephews and they are NOT evil and nasty.

IMO your posts are mostly total rubbish. I have been back home recently and visited family around the country. None of them are unhappy, 2 run their own business and they are all content with their lives. Obviously you are not, so you have to diss the UK to make you feel better.
Old Mar 26th 2007, 5:44 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Gold Coast
Better than here , heck you must be living a sad desperate life to willingly come here . Its on a slow descending rot this country is in why do you think i am leaving ? You are selfish to drag your kids and hubby back against there wishes ? to the UK ?

Wake up and smell the coffee Tracey . look around what you have a lot of women would give there right arms for !! Stand by your man as the song says dont make him live a life hateing you for bringing him to the UK to spend his days stuck indoors watching telly !!!

Ok, I'll add "sad" and "selfish" to my list of other foibles!!!!
Old Mar 26th 2007, 5:45 am
Account Closed

[QUOTE=St.Georges Girl;4561139]
I really take offence to that as I have teenage nieces and nephews and they are NOT evil and nasty.

so you have to diss the UK to make you feel better.
He's probably suffering from "Small Penis Syndrome"
Old Mar 26th 2007, 5:54 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=TraceyW;4561479]
Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl

He's probably suffering from "Small Penis Syndrome"
Well he won't be too popular in Spain with an attitude like that, so he had better go get an enlargement.
Old Mar 26th 2007, 6:17 am
Account Closed

[QUOTE=St.Georges Girl;4561490]
Well he won't be too popular in Spain with an attitude like that, so he had better go get an enlargement.

Yes, and a reduction on his mouth

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.