Wikiposts

Hating a country.

Old Oct 12th 2012, 9:35 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hating a country.

Originally Posted by Pit Bull.
Both above posts are excellent posts.
Originally Posted by Beaverstate
Old Oct 13th 2012, 6:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Thanks
That last bit is a drum I've been banging on here for years! We all need a place to moan where there are people who understand those of us who want to air our gripes - not expecting everyone to understand or empathise of course! I can't remember the number of times over the years that I've tried to explain to people that they should walk in the shoes of the unhappy person, and understand their individual circumstances before suggesting "just go home" ...........
Such wise words Polly! The naïveté of the "if you don't like it then bugger off" brigade is astounding. We do need a vent space without being sh*t upon from a great height by those who continually tell us our feelings are wrong.

Loved your longer post too - that's exactly what it is like!
Old Oct 13th 2012, 10:39 pm
Not actually a squirrel

brissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond repute

I totally agree Polly and Quoll.

As I am gradually edging closer to spending some (Aussie) family time in the UK, I am looking forward to being able to clearly determine my personal pro's and con's of living on opposite sides of the World.

It's true, Australia is not what is to hate... but there are aspects of life in Australia which are, in my opinion, truly hateable.

As previously mentioned, I do HATE the hot weather in Australia. It was the first thing that struck me when I came off the plane.

I also hate having to tiptoe around potentially dangerous fauna (as a nature/animal/garden lover this is irritating... and wasn't necessary in the UK) and I hate prickly lawns ,... and the lack of access to anywhere else in the World.

I guess the bottom line is I'm an English country girl at heart... Australian cities confine me and the bush is not the same as the country.

I hate that.
Old Oct 14th 2012, 2:14 am
TGA
Banned

TGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brissybee
I totally agree Polly and Quoll.

As I am gradually edging closer to spending some (Aussie) family time in the UK, I am looking forward to being able to clearly determine my personal pro's and con's of living on opposite sides of the World.

It's true, Australia is not what is to hate... but there are aspects of life in Australia which are, in my opinion, truly hateable.

As previously mentioned, I do HATE the hot weather in Australia. It was the first thing that struck me when I came off the plane.

I also hate having to tiptoe around potentially dangerous fauna (as a nature/animal/garden lover this is irritating... and wasn't necessary in the UK) and I hate prickly lawns ,... and the lack of access to anywhere else in the World.

I guess the bottom line is I'm an English country girl at heart... Australian cities confine me and the bush is not the same as the country.

I hate that.
Gizza cuddle just got back from pub and was discussing how girls like you are a diminishing breed.
Old Oct 14th 2012, 3:51 pm
Not actually a squirrel

brissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TGA
Gizza cuddle just got back from pub and was discussing how girls like you are a diminishing breed.
Always nice to be the topic of pub conversation.