Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Going back home and can't wait

Going back home and can't wait

Old Jan 19th 2008, 8:59 pm
  #16  
Account Closed
 
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 3,533
TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Going back home and can't wait

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl
What does that mean Tracey?

Why, "Get Us The F*** Outta Here" of course!!
TraceyW is offline  
Old Jan 19th 2008, 9:07 pm
  #17  
'In limboland'
 
St.Georges Girl's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 13,880
St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Going back home and can't wait

Originally Posted by TraceyW
Why, "Get Us The F*** Outta Here" of course!!
Just shoot me, I should've known.
St.Georges Girl is offline  
Old Jan 19th 2008, 9:17 pm
  #18  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 55
Familytoaus is a name known to allFamilytoaus is a name known to allFamilytoaus is a name known to allFamilytoaus is a name known to allFamilytoaus is a name known to allFamilytoaus is a name known to allFamilytoaus is a name known to allFamilytoaus is a name known to allFamilytoaus is a name known to allFamilytoaus is a name known to allFamilytoaus is a name known to all
Default Re: Going back home and can't wait

Hello St.Georges Girl,

We are currently coming towards the end of our 'stretch' in Henley Brook Open Prison for Unfortunate Migrants. This place is the land that time/style/fashion/culture forgot. We are surrounded by neighbours who look like they are from the set of the Beverley Hill Billies (have I gone to far I can't help it, the real estate agency, who shall remain nameless, ELLENBROOK REALTY 08 9296 7000 - the complaints dept., still have not fixed our aircon after three weeks!!!!!!!!

Thank you for listening.
Familytoaus is offline  
Old Jan 19th 2008, 9:18 pm
  #19  
Account Closed
 
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 3,533
TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Going back home and can't wait

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl
Just shoot me, I should've known.
Hey, love the avatar!!
TraceyW is offline  
Old Jan 19th 2008, 9:20 pm
  #20  
Forum Regular
 
ree76's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: back in the uk
Posts: 48
ree76 is a glorious beacon of lightree76 is a glorious beacon of lightree76 is a glorious beacon of lightree76 is a glorious beacon of lightree76 is a glorious beacon of lightree76 is a glorious beacon of lightree76 is a glorious beacon of lightree76 is a glorious beacon of lightree76 is a glorious beacon of lightree76 is a glorious beacon of lightree76 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Going back home and can't wait

[QUOTE=St.Georgesgirl
Hey, I've been waiting for 11 years, get in the queue. Where abouts are you Ree?

hi st.georgesgirl we up in mindarie, where bouts are you?
ree76 is offline  
Old Jan 19th 2008, 9:46 pm
  #21  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 11
lukelizzie will become famous soon enoughlukelizzie will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Going back home and can't wait

Originally Posted by The Reid Family
Hi everyone,

We are returning back to the UK in September and I can't wait. I am so looking forward to going back home to my family and friends. Although we have only been here for over 7 months I just know that is not where we all want to be but at least we can say we tried it better that than always wondering what if!!!!!

Thank you everyone on british expats for all your help and comments over the last 9 months.

Fantastic website.
Its interesting to see somebody else going back. We have been here for 6 months and discussing going back in the Summer (July/Aug). Cant think of anything that will change our minds. Glad we came though as it did cancel out that What if? question you mentioned. We can afford a decent house near the coast but if you cant share with anyone what use is it. I read the other day "You dont miss water until the Well runs dry" So very true.
lukelizzie is offline  
Old Jan 19th 2008, 11:33 pm
  #22  
Ok this isn't so bad
 
Stitch's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Location: Dundee (Scotland) now Bayside Brisbane
Posts: 4,824
Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Going back home and can't wait

Originally Posted by The Reid Family
Hi everyone,

We are returning back to the UK in September and I can't wait. I am so looking forward to going back home to my family and friends. Although we have only been here for over 7 months I just know that is not where we all want to be but at least we can say we tried it better that than always wondering what if!!!!!

Thank you everyone on british expats for all your help and comments over the last 9 months.

Fantastic website.

Hi guys,

Well done! Can't have been an easy decision. Absolutely amazing people for coming and trying.

All the best back in the UK..

Cheers

Ginny
Stitch is offline  
Old Jan 19th 2008, 11:41 pm
  #23  
Banned
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: No more bloody flies.
Posts: 1,084
Backhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Going back home and can't wait

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl
I like your avatar. Where were you in Oz and for how long, if you don't mind me asking.
pasted

Only just found this brilliant site.
Went over to Perth with a job as a sparkey lined up by my cousin, rented in Alexander Heights for 18 month while I decided if it was the Country for me....liked it for the first couple of months until the sun and beaches slowly wore off, found Perth was boring and I missed my life.
Been back home for 6 months and cannot believe how much I appreciate this green and pleasant land so much after 18 months working as an electrician in Perth, I don’t even mind the wind and rain which we have had for the last week.
Australia is ok for a holiday but to work your butt-off 6 days a week for half the money I earn back home was one of the main reasons for returning home, plus Perth got boring for me after a while.
It has taken me 18 months in another Country to appreciate what we have in the UK, I live in Stratford Upon Avon and to sit on the banks of the river Avon in September with a pint of Ruddles best bitter in my hand was pure pleasure, I wish the media and the papers would stop knocking what I now consider the best Country in the world, shame it took me 18 months to find out.
Anyone remember the mad Sparky called "Raz" from Alexander Heights please give me a shout
Backhomeatlast is offline  
Old Jan 20th 2008, 8:00 am
  #24  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
The Reid Family's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Springfield Lakes
Posts: 165
The Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud of
Default Re: Going back home and can't wait

Originally Posted by Triboy
You seem to have some stars on our flag. See to that will you please?
Apologises and sorted

I had forgot that was there!!!
The Reid Family is offline  
Old Jan 20th 2008, 8:01 am
  #25  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
The Reid Family's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Springfield Lakes
Posts: 165
The Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud of
Default Re: Going back home and can't wait

Originally Posted by Stitch
Hi guys,

Well done! Can't have been an easy decision. Absolutely amazing people for coming and trying.

All the best back in the UK..

Cheers

Ginny

It wasnt an easy decision but it was made easy as we all wanted the same thing.

thanks ginny
The Reid Family is offline  
Old Jan 20th 2008, 8:04 am
  #26  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
The Reid Family's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Springfield Lakes
Posts: 165
The Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud of
Default Re: Going back home and can't wait

Originally Posted by lukelizzie
Its interesting to see somebody else going back. We have been here for 6 months and discussing going back in the Summer (July/Aug). Cant think of anything that will change our minds. Glad we came though as it did cancel out that What if? question you mentioned. We can afford a decent house near the coast but if you cant share with anyone what use is it. I read the other day "You dont miss water until the Well runs dry" So very true.
Yeah we are the same we are glad we came here and tried it and it is true that you don't (sorry we didn't) appreciate what you have at home until you are gone. Luckily enough for us we can go back yipee
The Reid Family is offline  
Old Jan 20th 2008, 8:07 am
  #27  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
The Reid Family's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Springfield Lakes
Posts: 165
The Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud of
Default Re: Going back home and can't wait

Originally Posted by Familytoaus
Know exactly how you feel, we are going back mid February and cannot wait to leave, been here 6 months, and like you, miss friends, family and home far too much, makes us appreciate what we left behind and we can't wait to get it all back!!!!! Can't wait to go shopping!!!!!

Good luck to you.
It is good to know we are not alone. Get fed up with people saying Are you mad? Why would you want to leave this lovely country? Yes it is a lovely country but it is not home and it is not where i want to be. I can't wait to go proper shopping as well. Miss Next, George, Primark, Matalan and woolworths (still cant get my head round going to woolworths here and getting food!!!).

Good luck to you as well
The Reid Family is offline  
Old Jan 20th 2008, 10:22 am
  #28  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 4
amzng grace is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Going back home and can't wait

Originally Posted by The Reid Family
Hi everyone,

We are returning back to the UK in September and I can't wait. I am so looking forward to going back home to my family and friends. Although we have only been here for over 7 months I just know that is not where we all want to be but at least we can say we tried it better that than always wondering what if!!!!!

Thank you everyone on british expats for all your help and comments over the last 9 months.

Fantastic website.
hi just wanted to say have a brilliant trip home . I booked my flight for august i am going back to scotland after 38 years,i am sooo excited as r my 2 children
amzng grace is offline  
Old Jan 20th 2008, 11:52 am
  #29  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
The Reid Family's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Springfield Lakes
Posts: 165
The Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud of
Default Re: Going back home and can't wait

Originally Posted by amzng grace
hi just wanted to say have a brilliant trip home . I booked my flight for august i am going back to scotland after 38 years,i am sooo excited as r my 2 children
Hope you have a safe journey and good luck
The Reid Family is offline  
Old Jan 20th 2008, 2:58 pm
  #30  
'In limboland'
 
St.Georges Girl's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 13,880
St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Going back home and can't wait

Originally Posted by Familytoaus
Hello St.Georges Girl,

We are currently coming towards the end of our 'stretch' in Henley Brook Open Prison for Unfortunate Migrants. This place is the land that time/style/fashion/culture forgot. We are surrounded by neighbours who look like they are from the set of the Beverley Hill Billies (have I gone to far I can't help it, the real estate agency, who shall remain nameless, ELLENBROOK REALTY 08 9296 7000 - the complaints dept., still have not fixed our aircon after three weeks!!!!!!!!

Thank you for listening.
Good analogy. I wouldn't be content to live out in Henley Brook I have to admit, but there again, I'm not content where I am either. Are you going home? I probably have read it somewhere but can't remember. There are so many posters going home lately, from all over Oz. Just wish it was me.

Originally Posted by TraceyW
Hey, love the avatar!!
Cheers. Paul made it for me, it was the closest to St.George that he could find.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...&postcount=354

Originally Posted by ree76
hi st.georgesgirl we up in mindarie, where bouts are you?
We have friends in Mindarie, we're in Iluka.

Originally Posted by lukelizzie
Its interesting to see somebody else going back. We have been here for 6 months and discussing going back in the Summer (July/Aug). Cant think of anything that will change our minds. Glad we came though as it did cancel out that What if? question you mentioned. We can afford a decent house near the coast but if you cant share with anyone what use is it. I read the other day "You dont miss water until the Well runs dry" So very true.
Oh how true that is.(See my signature). Where abouts are you?

Originally Posted by Backhomeatlast
pastedOnly just found this brilliant site. Went over to Perth with a job as a sparkey lined up by my cousin, rented in Alexander Heights for 18 month while I decided if it was the Country for me....liked it for the first couple of months until the sun and beaches slowly wore off, found Perth was boring and I missed my life.
Been back home for 6 months and cannot believe how much I appreciate this green and pleasant land so much after 18 months working as an electrician in Perth, I don’t even mind the wind and rain which we have had for the last week.Australia is ok for a holiday but to work your butt-off 6 days a week for half the money I earn back home was one of the main reasons for returning home, plus Perth got boring for me after a while.
It has taken me 18 months in another Country to appreciate what we have in the UK, I live in Stratford Upon Avon and to sit on the banks of the river Avon in September with a pint of Ruddles best bitter in my hand was pure pleasure, I wish the media and the papers would stop knocking what I now consider the best Country in the world, shame it took me 18 months to find out.
Anyone remember the mad Sparky called "Raz" from Alexander Heights please give me a shout
I will try to remember to ask my OH, he's a sparks. I'd love to know what you can expect to earn back home now, as that is what is worrying my OH. He's built up such a good reputation here and it was a long hard slog, so to give it up now and start all over again, is his main worry.

Originally Posted by amzng grace
hi just wanted to say have a brilliant trip home . I booked my flight for august i am going back to scotland after 38 years,i am sooo excited as r my 2 children
The very best of luck to you AG. 38 years eh, wow!
St.Georges Girl is offline  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.