Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Going back home and can't wait

Going back home and can't wait

Old Jan 20th 2008, 4:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

jojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Going back home and can't wait

Originally Posted by The Reid Family
It is good to know we are not alone. Get fed up with people saying Are you mad? Why would you want to leave this lovely country? Yes it is a lovely country but it is not home and it is not where i want to be. I can't wait to go proper shopping as well. Miss Next, George, Primark, Matalan and woolworths (still cant get my head round going to woolworths here and getting food!!!).
Good luck to you as well
Ha! My 9 year old daughter who wants to go back to UK (we're going in August, yay!), says, "But it's called 'Woolworths', it should sell wool not food!" - guess I kind of know what she means!!

Old Jan 20th 2008, 8:12 pm
Forum Regular

Familytoaus is a name known to allFamilytoaus is a name known to allFamilytoaus is a name known to allFamilytoaus is a name known to allFamilytoaus is a name known to allFamilytoaus is a name known to allFamilytoaus is a name known to allFamilytoaus is a name known to allFamilytoaus is a name known to allFamilytoaus is a name known to allFamilytoaus is a name known to all

Hi St Georges Girl

YES, we are going home in 3 weeks and 3 days (and yes i cross the day off every day in my diary!!!!), cannot wait to get back to civilisation!!!!!
Old Jan 20th 2008, 8:54 pm
Forum Regular

ree76 is a glorious beacon of lightree76 is a glorious beacon of lightree76 is a glorious beacon of lightree76 is a glorious beacon of lightree76 is a glorious beacon of lightree76 is a glorious beacon of lightree76 is a glorious beacon of lightree76 is a glorious beacon of lightree76 is a glorious beacon of lightree76 is a glorious beacon of lightree76 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Familytoaus
Hi St Georges Girl

YES, we are going home in 3 weeks and 3 days (and yes i cross the day off every day in my diary!!!!), cannot wait to get back to civilisation!!!!!
stop rubbing it in, you know we've got another 8 weeks on our own when you've gone. never mind might have to go to hillarys again every weekend...... oh sorry we do that already cause there's nothing else to do
Old Jan 20th 2008, 9:34 pm
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Hi St Georges Girl

Originally Posted by ree76
stop rubbing it in, you know we've got another 8 weeks on our own when you've gone. never mind might have to go to hillarys again every weekend...... oh sorry we do that already cause there's nothing else to do
So I am assuming you two met whilst here?
Old Jan 20th 2008, 11:49 pm
Forum Regular

ree76 is a glorious beacon of lightree76 is a glorious beacon of lightree76 is a glorious beacon of lightree76 is a glorious beacon of lightree76 is a glorious beacon of lightree76 is a glorious beacon of lightree76 is a glorious beacon of lightree76 is a glorious beacon of lightree76 is a glorious beacon of lightree76 is a glorious beacon of lightree76 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl
So I am assuming you two met whilst here?
yes we met up through mbtuk before christmas. only lived 5 miles away from each other back home but had never met before coming here
Old Jan 21st 2008, 12:03 am
Banned

Backhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond repute

Good analogy. I wouldn't be content to live out in Henley Brook I have to admit, but there again, I'm not content where I am either. Are you going home? I probably have read it somewhere but can't remember. There are so many posters going home lately, from all over Oz. Just wish it was me.

Cheers. Paul made it for me, it was the closest to St.George that he could find.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...&postcount=354

We have friends in Mindarie, we're in Iluka.

Oh how true that is.(See my signature). Where abouts are you?

I will try to remember to ask my OH, he's a sparks. I'd love to know what you can expect to earn back home now, as that is what is worrying my OH. He's built up such a good reputation here and it was a long hard slog, so to give it up now and start all over again, is his main worry.

The very best of luck to you AG. 38 years eh, wow!
Depends if you are subbing or working for a firm, I sub and get £20 ph, working for a company is between £12 to £15. need the latest 2391 certificate.
Old Jan 21st 2008, 12:30 am
Former Floridian

katesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Reid Family
Hi everyone,

We are returning back to the UK in September and I can't wait. I am so looking forward to going back home to my family and friends. Although we have only been here for over 7 months I just know that is not where we all want to be but at least we can say we tried it better that than always wondering what if!!!!!

Thank you everyone on british expats for all your help and comments over the last 9 months.

Fantastic website.
Yay! Good for your for giving it a shot. Feels good when you make your decision to go back though, dunnit?
Old Jan 21st 2008, 9:29 am
Forum Regular

DestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to all

Hi,
We are going the opposite way but if you dont try you never know as they say. At least you have experienced it and will appreciate what you had more. Glasgow still has loads of shops even a new shopping centre since you've been away - Silverburn! Will make sure we stock up before we go! Good luck with your move back home.
Michelle
Old Jan 21st 2008, 10:04 am
Forum Regular

The Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by katesbackagain
Yay! Good for your for giving it a shot. Feels good when you make your decision to go back though, dunnit?
It sure does and do you know i feel god damn good now that we have made our decision yipeee
Old Jan 21st 2008, 10:05 am
Forum Regular

The Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by DestinationSydney
Hi,
We are going the opposite way but if you dont try you never know as they say. At least you have experienced it and will appreciate what you had more. Glasgow still has loads of shops even a new shopping centre since you've been away - Silverburn! Will make sure we stock up before we go! Good luck with your move back home.
Michelle

Thanks and good luck to you when coming over here. We don't have one single regret coming here better that than always wondering what if
Old Jan 21st 2008, 12:34 pm
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Backhomeatlast
Depends if you are subbing or working for a firm, I sub and get £20 ph, working for a company is between £12 to £15. need the latest 2391 certificate.
How do you go about getting the certificate?
Old Jan 21st 2008, 8:33 pm
Banned

Backhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond repute

How do you go about getting the certificate?
Its what you have to renew every few years as a sparkey in the UK.

http://www.electacourse.com/2391.htm...FQ6hQwodsGxLGg
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 2:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Know exactly how you feel, we are going back mid February and cannot wait to leave, been here 6 months, and like you, miss friends, family and home far too much, makes us appreciate what we left behind and we can't wait to get it all back!!!!! Can't wait to go shopping!!!!!

Good luck to you.
You lucky person.....I really do wish we had gone home when we realised it was not for us....but we are heading back home this year 08..and cannot wait...Tesco's...Next....donuts from Morrisons......tea & toast with my friends at Sainsbury's....now how sad it that...but it all boils down to what you miss.....loads of other things...good luck and bestwishes on your return.
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 6:08 pm
Forum Regular

Familytoaus is a name known to allFamilytoaus is a name known to allFamilytoaus is a name known to allFamilytoaus is a name known to allFamilytoaus is a name known to allFamilytoaus is a name known to allFamilytoaus is a name known to allFamilytoaus is a name known to allFamilytoaus is a name known to allFamilytoaus is a name known to allFamilytoaus is a name known to all

Originally Posted by brits1
You lucky person.....I really do wish we had gone home when we realised it was not for us....but we are heading back home this year 08..and cannot wait...Tesco's...Next....donuts from Morrisons......tea & toast with my friends at Sainsbury's....now how sad it that...but it all boils down to what you miss.....loads of other things...good luck and bestwishes on your return.
Cheers Brists1. I feel so excited when i think about how close it is getting to going back, my stomach does a jump. Can't wait to go to Tesco/Asda for some descent, fresh, fruit and veg, it always looks a bit worse for wear in the supermarkets here and seems to cost the earth. Asda egg custard tart... ooohh!

Shopping with friends, Next, M&S, Fosse Park (big out of town Retail Park) I cannot wait. Oh and another thing, to be able to clean your teeth in cold, cold water, instead of warm water - yuk! (sad i know but i just can't wait to be back)
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 7:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers Brists1. I feel so excited when i think about how close it is getting to going back, my stomach does a jump. Can't wait to go to Tesco/Asda for some descent, fresh, fruit and veg, it always looks a bit worse for wear in the supermarkets here and seems to cost the earth. Asda egg custard tart... ooohh!

Shopping with friends, Next, M&S, Fosse Park (big out of town Retail Park) I cannot wait. Oh and another thing, to be able to clean your teeth in cold, cold water, instead of warm water - yuk! (sad i know but i just can't wait to be back)
Oh god yes my dad thought we were barmy when we kept drinking the water (from the Tap...not bad in Manchester) and it was cold.....and just to wake you up in the morning....bliss...I am sat at the computer now and feel horrible as I am slowly cooking (again)....oh for cold weather.....my oldest son just loves the Egg Custards from Asda (me I am a donut girl ..lemon flavour from Morrisons!!!)...he's 17 now and says he never tasted a good Custard Tart since he's been in Aus...oh lifes small pleasures.........know what you mean by the fruit.....it might have been grown here but god it looks like its travelled half way around the world in an old tug by the time it gets on the shelves....oh and Woolies at Easter Time....all the choice of Easter Eggs.....was there last year and well I bought the shop!!!!! (still trying to loose the weight!!!!)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.