Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Going back home and can't wait

Going back home and can't wait

Old Jan 19th 2008, 5:14 pm
Forum Regular

The Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud of
Talking Going back home and can't wait

Hi everyone,

We are returning back to the UK in September and I can't wait. I am so looking forward to going back home to my family and friends. Although we have only been here for over 7 months I just know that is not where we all want to be but at least we can say we tried it better that than always wondering what if!!!!!

Thank you everyone on british expats for all your help and comments over the last 9 months.

Fantastic website.
Old Jan 19th 2008, 5:28 pm
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Going back home and can't wait

Originally Posted by The Reid Family
Hi everyone,

We are returning back to the UK in September and I can't wait. I am so looking forward to going back home to my family and friends. Although we have only been here for over 7 months I just know that is not where we all want to be but at least we can say we tried it better that than always wondering what if!!!!!

Thank you everyone on british expats for all your help and comments over the last 9 months.

Fantastic website.
The best of luck to you. Do you mind telling me what made you want to come to Oz and did the programmes on back home have an influence at all?
Old Jan 19th 2008, 5:37 pm
Forum Regular

The Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl
The best of luck to you. Do you mind telling me what made you want to come to Oz and did the programmes on back home have an influence at all?
My husband was offered a position over here and we could have came over on a permanent visa but instead opted for a temporary visa and wait and see when we got here how we settled etc. Yes we watched the programmes back home but it didnt really have an influence on us.

Dont have any regrets coming over here and trying it out but it is just not for us. Miss home and family and friends far far too much.

Old Jan 19th 2008, 7:52 pm
Forum Regular

Familytoaus is a name known to allFamilytoaus is a name known to allFamilytoaus is a name known to allFamilytoaus is a name known to allFamilytoaus is a name known to allFamilytoaus is a name known to allFamilytoaus is a name known to allFamilytoaus is a name known to allFamilytoaus is a name known to allFamilytoaus is a name known to allFamilytoaus is a name known to all

Know exactly how you feel, we are going back mid February and cannot wait to leave, been here 6 months, and like you, miss friends, family and home far too much, makes us appreciate what we left behind and we can't wait to get it all back!!!!! Can't wait to go shopping!!!!!

Good luck to you.
Old Jan 19th 2008, 7:53 pm

Triboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The Reid Family
My husband was offered a position over here and we could have came over on a permanent visa but instead opted for a temporary visa and wait and see when we got here how we settled etc. Yes we watched the programmes back home but it didnt really have an influence on us.

Dont have any regrets coming over here and trying it out but it is just not for us. Miss home and family and friends far far too much.

You seem to have some stars on our flag. See to that will you please?
Old Jan 19th 2008, 8:04 pm
Forum Regular

Familytoaus is a name known to allFamilytoaus is a name known to allFamilytoaus is a name known to allFamilytoaus is a name known to allFamilytoaus is a name known to allFamilytoaus is a name known to allFamilytoaus is a name known to allFamilytoaus is a name known to allFamilytoaus is a name known to allFamilytoaus is a name known to allFamilytoaus is a name known to all

Funny you should say that Triboy, we went out for something to eat yesterday and when our sandwich arrived it had an Aussie Flag on a cocktail stick stuck into it, to which our English friend, who we were with, promptly tore of the stars and stuck the Union Jack back into his sandwich...such a laugh!!!!!
Old Jan 19th 2008, 8:16 pm

Triboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Familytoaus
Funny you should say that Triboy, we went out for something to eat yesterday and when our sandwich arrived it had an Aussie Flag on a cocktail stick stuck into it, to which our English friend, who we were with, promptly tore of the stars and stuck the Union Jack back into his sandwich...such a laugh!!!!!
Old Jan 19th 2008, 8:36 pm
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Triboy
You seem to have some stars on our flag. See to that will you please?
Nice one.
Old Jan 19th 2008, 8:37 pm
Banned

Backhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond repute

You will notice how green everthing is when you get back and it is like a 2 ton weight is suddenly lifted of your shoulders the moment you step onto the tarmac of the best Country in the world....good luck
Old Jan 19th 2008, 8:38 pm
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey, another one homeward bound then? Doesn't being here make you appreciate what you had back there eh?

You're lucky if all the family want to move back, 'cause trust me, it's a pain in the arse when one of you wants to stay!
Old Jan 19th 2008, 8:38 pm
'In limboland'

Originally Posted by Backhomeatlast
You will notice how green everthing is when you get back and it is like a 2 ton weight is suddenly lifted of your shoulders the moment you step onto the tarmac of the best Country in the world....good luck
I like your avatar. Where were you in Oz and for how long, if you don't mind me asking.
Old Jan 19th 2008, 8:41 pm
Forum Regular

ree76 is a glorious beacon of lightree76 is a glorious beacon of lightree76 is a glorious beacon of lightree76 is a glorious beacon of lightree76 is a glorious beacon of lightree76 is a glorious beacon of lightree76 is a glorious beacon of lightree76 is a glorious beacon of lightree76 is a glorious beacon of lightree76 is a glorious beacon of lightree76 is a glorious beacon of light

you"re not supposed to tell everyone that T, some of the godzoners will try & get us deported before april. Sayng that, if they are willing to pay I"ll go tomorrow
Old Jan 19th 2008, 8:44 pm
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ree76
you"re not supposed to tell everyone that T, some of the godzoners will try & get us deported before april. Sayng that, if they are willing to pay I"ll go tomorrow
Oh look...another happy Perthite!!!!

Hello and welcome to the GUTFOH gang
Old Jan 19th 2008, 8:52 pm
Forum Regular

Ree76, hey if they come after you and want to deport you before Mid Feb then i'll say i ripped off the stars too!!!!!!!!!
Old Jan 19th 2008, 8:57 pm
'In limboland'

My son has always done the same and doesn't care what people think. Where are you in this sandpit?

Originally Posted by ree76
Hey, I've been waiting for 11 years, get in the queue. Where abouts are you Ree?

Originally Posted by TraceyW
Oh look...another happy Perthite!!!!

Hello and welcome to the GUTFOH gang
What does that mean Tracey?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.