Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Edible delights you miss or will end up missing...

Edible delights you miss or will end up missing...

Old Oct 3rd 2009, 2:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Edible delights you miss or will end up missing...

Not too much I miss that I can't get here, or have family send over. My Sis is hopefuly coming for Christmas and I will be asking her to bring Christmas crackers and a big tin of roses
Old Oct 3rd 2009, 6:29 am
Just Joined

Edie_09 is an unknown quantity at this point

Maltesers. How I wish I'd filled a suitcase with maltesers and cadburys when I came over.
Also fairtrade instant coffee, Marmite and good cheddar.
Old Oct 3rd 2009, 6:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jeepgirluk
Firstly let me say that although the hour is late, I am not intoxicated. I can appreciate that it may seem that way ... let me explain.

I'm sitting here eating the last few fizzy blue and pink bottle-shaped sweets that I had in my cupboard and I've just realised that I will not be able to go without these little pieces of sugar-candy delight when I eventually move across to the grand old U S of A.

So what I would like to know (because a) I'm nosy and b) I have far too much time on my hands) is, what do you miss the most or what will you miss once you move? Alternatively are there items in the USA that you miss while you're here? For me, I miss Kashi cereal - love it and you can't buy in the UK.

Fellow forum members... the floor is yours

Fizzy cola bottles!!!! Fill a suitcase with them.
Old Oct 3rd 2009, 2:54 pm
Illinois Rapscallion

Circus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond repute

1.Lancashire Cheese
2.Black Pudding
3.Steak and Kidney Pudding
4.Salt and Vinegar Hula Hoops
5.Chicken and Mushroom Pot Noodle
6.Bartons Piccalilli
7.Friday night supper from the chippy
Old Oct 3rd 2009, 3:03 pm
I'm off to find a spanner

sime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond repute

I miss these

http://www.staffordshireoatcakes.com/

good site even if the twunt is a Vale fan.
Old Oct 3rd 2009, 3:14 pm
I'm off to find a spanner

sime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishtart
Not too much I miss that I can't get here, or have family send over. My Sis is hopefuly coming for Christmas and I will be asking her to bring Christmas crackers and a big tin of roses
Hey keep an eye out in BJ's. Last year I got a big container of Quality Street and proper made in the U.K. christmas crackers.
Old Oct 4th 2009, 4:00 am
BE Enthusiast

orangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Edie_09
Maltesers. How I wish I'd filled a suitcase with maltesers and cadburys when I came over.
Also fairtrade instant coffee, Marmite and good cheddar.
You can get Whoppers over here which are basically the same as Maltesters. Was just eating some yesterday.
You can get a lot of stuff which is very similar but has a different name.
Old Oct 4th 2009, 12:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sime303
Hey keep an eye out in BJ's. Last year I got a big container of Quality Street and proper made in the U.K. christmas crackers.
BJ's
Old Oct 4th 2009, 12:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by orangemirror
You can get Whoppers over here which are basically the same as Maltesters. Was just eating some yesterday.
You can get a lot of stuff which is very similar but has a different name.
I have tried whoppers, I don't think they taste anything like maltesers
Old Oct 5th 2009, 1:23 am
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute

Always wary of getting Mum to bring crackers, I assume they have some sort of "gun powder" (don't laugh, don't know what else to call it!!) to make the "bang". I usually find some at TJMAXX
But I wouldn;t say no to a big tin of Roses or Quality Street!
Old Oct 5th 2009, 5:05 am
BE Forum Addict

nethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond repute

You're right Whoppers are horrible, no where near as good as Maltesers.
Old Oct 5th 2009, 5:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by lisa67
Always wary of getting Mum to bring crackers, I assume they have some sort of "gun powder" (don't laugh, don't know what else to call it!!) to make the "bang". I usually find some at TJMAXX
But I wouldn;t say no to a big tin of Roses or Quality Street!
Opps! never actually thought of that, she has sent them through the mail many times...thank goodness they didn't go 'bang' during handling
Old Oct 5th 2009, 8:23 am
Just Joined

Chatsworth is a name known to allChatsworth is a name known to allChatsworth is a name known to allChatsworth is a name known to allChatsworth is a name known to allChatsworth is a name known to allChatsworth is a name known to allChatsworth is a name known to allChatsworth is a name known to allChatsworth is a name known to allChatsworth is a name known to all

Biscuits
Thorntons
Dairy products that taste good (cheese, butter, cream, yoghurt, etc)
Yorkshire Gold
Pickled onions
Branstons
Lamb chops
Old Oct 5th 2009, 1:41 pm
Just Joined

Edie_09 is an unknown quantity at this point

They tasted like they were covered in spoiled yoghurt when I tried them
Between Ghiradellis, Milka and Lindt I can almost get by without Cadbury, almost, but I haven't found anything to replace Maltesers.
Old Oct 5th 2009, 1:44 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Opps! never actually thought of that, she has sent them through the mail many times...thank goodness they didn't go 'bang' during handling
I bought my Christmas crackers at the weekend from Costco. Luxury crackers with gifts you can actually use.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.