Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Edible delights you miss or will end up missing...

Edible delights you miss or will end up missing...

Old Sep 30th 2009, 7:16 am
Dallas

Meryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Edible delights you miss or will end up missing...

I'm not there yet but I reckon I'll miss potato scones, and donor kebabs the most

....I'll re post in a few months and I bet the list is much longer lol.
Old Sep 30th 2009, 7:20 am
Forum Regular

Swisstony has much to be proud ofSwisstony has much to be proud ofSwisstony has much to be proud ofSwisstony has much to be proud ofSwisstony has much to be proud ofSwisstony has much to be proud ofSwisstony has much to be proud ofSwisstony has much to be proud ofSwisstony has much to be proud ofSwisstony has much to be proud ofSwisstony has much to be proud of

Pork pies!
Old Sep 30th 2009, 7:23 am
Who?

jumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meryl
I'm not there yet but I reckon I'll miss potato scones, and donor kebabs the most

....I'll re post in a few months and I bet the list is much longer lol.
We can get donor kebabs where I live...they are called gyros.
Potato scones...no. I miss all the bread and baked goods.

Here is my list (some things people bring over and I order on line)

Cadburys.
Mr Kiplings fondant fancies... they make a giant one now.
Curry
Butter.....US butter doesn't taste the same.
Cheese
Orange squash
M & S ready meals...and Tesco/Asda ones too.
Pork pies and sausages
Cream

probably quite good for my heart that I can't get most of those!
Old Sep 30th 2009, 7:32 am
Catahoula Lover!!!

Burn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lisa67
oo I miss it..my Mum tries her hardest to get it here without it turning up as flat as a f@rt!!
it does squish down pretty easy!! and once squished is impossible to un-squish, but needs to be un-squished to be sliced and have butter added - actually now I am missing it!!!
Old Sep 30th 2009, 7:43 am
Dallas

Meryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of light

my aunt's now a usc, but whenever she comes back to the uk, she goes to the chippy and orders one of everything!.....she also stocks up on oxo cubes lol.
Old Sep 30th 2009, 7:46 am
BE Enthusiast

helwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond repute

my aunt's now a usc, but whenever she comes back to the uk, she goes to the chippy and orders one of everything!.....she also stocks up on oxo cubes lol.
On my last trip back to England I brought back Kenco instant coffee, Soreen and Bisto gravy granules
Old Sep 30th 2009, 7:49 am
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jumping doris
Mr Kiplings fondant fancies... they make a giant one now.

OMG..how did I miss having one of those when I was over there this summer
Old Sep 30th 2009, 7:51 am
Catahoula Lover!!!

Burn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by helwardman
On my last trip back to England I brought back Kenco instant coffee, Soreen and Bisto gravy granules
I can buy Bisto in the world market here.... one evening we had some friends over, the guy is a UKC the girl a USC, so I thought I would make shepherds pie and with it I also served up bisto in my pyrex glass jug - and OMG she about fell off her chair laughing as she said "that is so English, the gravy in the pyrex jug"
Old Sep 30th 2009, 7:55 am
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute

becareful....oxo is a meat product and therefore isn't allowed to be brought in (sorry to be a party pooper!)
Old Sep 30th 2009, 8:41 am
BE Enthusiast

helwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Burn1911
I can buy Bisto in the world market here....
Yep, I can too. It's just a bit hit-and-miss as to when they have it in stock.
Old Sep 30th 2009, 8:48 am
Catahoula Lover!!!

Originally Posted by helwardman
Yep, I can too. It's just a bit hit-and-miss as to when they have it in stock.
Yep, they can never be relied upon to have Cadbury's Double Deckers in stock!

Totally OT - so sorry - notice you are in Louisiana, we are recently feeling an affinity to that area as the newest member of our family is a Catahoula Leopard Dog, the State Dog of Louisiana
Old Sep 30th 2009, 9:00 am
Dallas

Originally Posted by lisa67
becareful....oxo is a meat product and therefore isn't allowed to be brought in (sorry to be a party pooper!)
lol, crikey I'd better tell her, she'll be gutted
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 9:19 am
Forum Regular

Cat Whisperer is on a distinguished road

Mueller yoghurts, especially the piedmont cherry
M and S victoria sponge
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 11:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

cathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nice

That's funny... I unwittingly took beef Bisto with me to the US on a return trip once and then when filling out the little form realised I had it with me so declared it. The customs officers and I looked at the ingredients - not a bit of meat to be found!
Old Oct 3rd 2009, 2:35 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

But you can post it, not sure why but thats how I get my supply

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.