British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Moving back or to the UK (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/)
-   -   Christians get on my tits (at work) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/christians-get-my-tits-work-460845/)

Silly Sod Jun 24th 2007 10:03 am

Re: Christians get on my tits (at work)

Originally Posted by britvic (Post 4963382)
Yeah right they do :rolleyes: you are talking to a cockney here mate :p

cor bloimey gavnahhhhh, leave it ahhhht wiwl ya lol

britvic Jun 24th 2007 10:06 am

Originally Posted by Silly Sod (Post 4963398)
cor bloimey gavnahhhhh, leave it ahhhht wiwl ya lol

I can talk posh when I have to you know :lol:

Tootsie Frickensprinkles Jun 24th 2007 10:40 pm

Originally Posted by Silly Sod (Post 4960128)
Before too long it became apparent that they were going to be a bunch of total twats!!!

I mentally went over the pro's and cons of getting fired on the spot.

Those two lines remind me particularly of four Australians last autumn. Having walked up to the order bar being loud, arrogant and generally quite obnoxious I took their order. As is the custom I gave them a spoon, this one was numbered 33.

The good looking one half laughed, half sneered at me, what the f's that for then? I told him it was his order number, to put it on his table and the servers would bring them their food. He gafawed and walked off. His mate paid and I reminded him to take the spoon.

I looked up after the next order and saw number 33 still stood at the bar. I left it. After half an hour or so he came in and asked me where their food was. Looking to my right I said. It was delivered to your spoon, just as I told you it would be.

He took it well, and they carried their own food out to the pool.

Mallory Jun 25th 2007 12:02 am

Originally Posted by Silly Sod (Post 4960128)
Yes, so,

So, christians get on my tits

Most people from the UK are Christians. Are you Muslim or something?

britvic Jun 25th 2007 12:07 am

Originally Posted by Mallory (Post 4965662)

C of E I think is the preferred term.

Silly Sod Jun 25th 2007 12:52 am

Truly baffled by this reply. What relevance has England, people in England, or Islam got to do with my OP?

Elvira Jun 25th 2007 1:33 am

:blink: :confused: :blink:

fatbrit Jun 25th 2007 1:40 am

Originally Posted by Elvira (Post 4966262)
:blink: :confused: :blink:

Ditto!

Paul S Jun 25th 2007 1:50 am

I must be a something then, as I'm neither of the other 2 options;)

Deedee13 Jun 25th 2007 2:25 am

this made me laugh.. in germany u have a portion of ur wages deducted for "church tax"!!! this used to really naff me off for a number of reasons.. in England going to church i would freeze my ass off... and they never had any money.. but in germany... they took it out of ur pay... before u seen it.. However, when i put down i was Church of England... i was exempt from this tax...!!!!!!
When i travell from Atlanta up North u drive past this amazing Anglican Church I have ever seen in my life. And it has no debt, apparently the congregation paid for it all!!!!! amazing.
And... while i am at it.. Still travelling up north, 75 i think.. u go past another church in Ohio with jesus coming out of the ground with his arms open wide, another amazing site!

Tootsie Frickensprinkles Jun 25th 2007 2:33 am

Was recently looking at a German job offer. Not declaring a religion for tithing means you cannot use the services of the church, or attend church services from how it was explained (I don't think that bit can be right though). Very, very strange set up. Wonder how many people don't have church weddings for this reason.

Silly Sod Jun 25th 2007 2:43 am

Originally Posted by Deedee13 (Post 4966477)
this made me laugh.. in germany u have a portion of ur wages deducted for "church tax"!!! this used to really naff me off for a number of reasons.. in England going to church i would freeze my ass off... and they never had any money.. but in germany... they took it out of ur pay... before u seen it.. However, when i put down i was Church of England... i was exempt from this tax...!!!!!!
When i travell from Atlanta up North u drive past this amazing Anglican Church I have ever seen in my life. And it has no debt, apparently the congregation paid for it all!!!!! amazing.
And... while i am at it.. Still travelling up north, 75 i think.. u go past another church in Ohio with jesus coming out of the ground with his arms open wide, another amazing site!

That could lead to many an athiest conversion if one happend by on Magic Mushrooms he he

Deedee13 Jun 25th 2007 2:44 am

that is a load of bull.. lots are "leaving the church" so they dont have to pay the tax! Basically u have to put down a church that isnt taxed!!! C of E falls into that catagory. I was told that if u leave the church u cant get buried.. its a load of crap too... as long as u can pay for the "grab" for 30 years after that u get dug up and ur grave reused by newer fresher deadies!! Church weddings are not the norm either... the majority get register office weddings.... then the first child gets christened and mom and dad get married in church the same time which really is the norm too. If at all!

Adnams Jun 25th 2007 2:55 am

Originally Posted by TRPardoe (Post 4961120)
If that happened I would never get to read the posts. I don't go there.

Neither do I dont post there, silly sod. :)

Jerseygirl Jun 25th 2007 3:07 am

Originally Posted by Adnams (Post 4966642)
Neither do I dont post there, silly sod. :)

TIO is the place to post controversial subjects such as religious and political threads that may become heated. If this happens to this thread it will be moved anyway.

BTW The remark in my first post was a little joke between myself and Silly Sod...which he understood but obviously a couple of others didn't. :)