Any Geordies out there??

Old Mar 6th 2008, 6:40 pm
Twice half his height

Knight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any Geordies out there??

Originally Posted by thosebrits
Are there many Brits in MS?
I happened to meet two other guys who live in Jackson who came here on K-1 vias (one 9 years ago, one 2 years ago), and another guy they know who was here on an F1 visa and got married. I don't know of any other brits who live in MS who use this forum though.
Old Apr 7th 2008, 7:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

Nice to see so many people from the North East, I'm from Durham not exactly Newcastle but close enough.

I loved to shop in Newcastle, I miss Eldon Square, esp Fenwicks... and Mark Tony Ice cream from the Grainger market... ahhh memories.
Old Apr 7th 2008, 11:14 pm
Twice half his height

Knight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ash UK/US
Nice to see so many people from the North East, I'm from Durham not exactly Newcastle but close enough.

I loved to shop in Newcastle, I miss Eldon Square, esp Fenwicks... and Mark Tony Ice cream from the Grainger market... ahhh memories.
I lived in Gateshead, but I am originally from Chester-le-Street.

I found myself missing Newcastle alot today. What I would have done to be able to have a look in Fenwicks food department and then get on the metro to go to South Shields.
Old Apr 8th 2008, 10:23 am
LAL
Mad Geordie Spaniard

LAL has much to be proud ofLAL has much to be proud ofLAL has much to be proud ofLAL has much to be proud ofLAL has much to be proud ofLAL has much to be proud ofLAL has much to be proud ofLAL has much to be proud ofLAL has much to be proud ofLAL has much to be proud ofLAL has much to be proud of
Smile Re: Any Geordies out there??

Not today I'm afraid..... freezing cold threat of snow and with the kids off Fenwicks, Northumberland St and the Metro are absolutely heaving with people and hyperactive children... nearly as bad as Saturday shopping in the toon the weekend before Crimbo
Safest place is at home.... with a ham and pease pudding stottie and a lovely cup of ringtons tea!!!!

LAL
Old Apr 14th 2008, 3:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LAL
Not today I'm afraid..... freezing cold threat of snow and with the kids off Fenwicks, Northumberland St and the Metro are absolutely heaving with people and hyperactive children... nearly as bad as Saturday shopping in the toon the weekend before Crimbo
Safest place is at home.... with a ham and pease pudding stottie and a lovely cup of ringtons tea!!!!

LAL
I loved Eldon square at christmas

I miss hearing the fruit and veg lads chanting in the grainger market too... you would never hear that here.
Old Apr 14th 2008, 3:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Knight

I found myself missing Newcastle alot today. What I would have done to be able to have a look in Fenwicks food department and then get on the metro to go to South Shields.
Yum Fenwicks whole wheat scones
Old Apr 16th 2008, 12:26 pm
Deb

Deb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Knight

I used to love the sarnies from Fenwicks with spicy onions...
Old Apr 16th 2008, 12:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

shazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to behold

Cheesey chips and garlic or a good old parmesan
Old Apr 16th 2008, 12:31 pm
Deb

Deb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shazza777
Cheesey chips and garlic or a good old parmesan

Chips & garlic sauce, a must after a night in the Toon...
Old Apr 16th 2008, 12:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

shazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Deb
Chips & garlic sauce, a must after a night in the Toon...
or warmed up the next day, i don't believe i used to do that
lets not forget about cold kebab too
Old Apr 16th 2008, 12:36 pm
Deb

or warmed up the next day, i don't believe i used to do that
lets not forget about cold kebab too

The last bus home, many a time we were thrown off and had to walk home...

I just think the bus driver wanted a flyer...
Old Apr 16th 2008, 12:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Deb
The last bus home, many a time we were thrown off and had to walk home...

I just think the bus driver wanted a flyer...
That's when it was safe to walk home.

I wonder if they still dance round the handbag?
Old Apr 16th 2008, 12:47 pm
Deb

That's when it was safe to walk home.

I wonder if they still dance round the handbag?

On the boat?...
Old Apr 16th 2008, 11:33 pm
Just Joined

Kate3721 is just really niceKate3721 is just really niceKate3721 is just really niceKate3721 is just really niceKate3721 is just really niceKate3721 is just really niceKate3721 is just really niceKate3721 is just really nice
Smile Re: Any Geordies out there??

Hi there

I am originally from Whickham and moved to Portland Oregon 8 years ago. I have lost a lot of my Geordie accent (until I visit home of course and its right back!) but have managed to teach a select few people I work with some quality Geordie slang they can use
Old Apr 17th 2008, 7:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Kate3721
Hi there

I am originally from Whickham and moved to Portland Oregon 8 years ago. I have lost a lot of my Geordie accent (until I visit home of course and its right back!) but have managed to teach a select few people I work with some quality Geordie slang they can use
Geordie is a whole another language... even to some in the UK! I had to drop it too and slow down when I talk too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.