British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Moving back or to the UK (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/)
-   -   Any Geordies out there?? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/any-geordies-out-there-504409/)

C.C Jan 7th 2008 10:33 pm

Any Geordies out there??

Hello, I was wondering if there were any Geordies out there. Would love to hear from you.

SueM Jan 7th 2008 11:01 pm

Re: Any Geordies out there??

Hi CC
Glad you found it....Is this a great site or wot? :thumbsup:

C.C Jan 8th 2008 3:19 am

Originally Posted by SueM (Post 5754791)
Hi CC
Glad you found it....Is this a great site or wot? :thumbsup:

I am jsut starting to fine my way round it, but so far it looks great.

Knight Jan 8th 2008 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by C.C (Post 5754688)
Hello, I was wondering if there were any Geordies out there. Would love to hear from you.

Heya.

I lived in Gateshead for 4 years before I moved to Mississippi. Also got a friend in Jackson MS who lived in Gateshead before he moved too.

Where abouts are you from/going to?

C.C Jan 8th 2008 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by Knight (Post 5758098)
Heya.

I lived in Gateshead for 4 years before I moved to Mississippi. Also got a friend in Jackson MS who lived in Gateshead before he moved too.

Where abouts are you from/going to?

Hi there Knight,
Im from the westend of Newcastle, Walker and Byker. Im now in Oklahoma, have been here four years. I get back once a year but I do still miss the Toon. Where in Gateshead did you live??

Knight Jan 8th 2008 2:10 pm

Hi C.C.

I lived near Saltwell Park (the park was at the end of my street actually).

I've only been here 2 months, but I am already missing certain things about Newcastle, especially all the curry houses and the bars.

C.C Jan 8th 2008 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by Knight (Post 5758282)
Hi C.C.

I lived near Saltwell Park (the park was at the end of my street actually).

I've only been here 2 months, but I am already missing certain things about Newcastle, especially all the curry houses and the bars.

I could murder a good curry, we dont have any here in Stillwater, though there are a few in the city but still not as good as The Raj in Pudding Chare, my favourite. What are you doing in Mississispi?

Dodgykeeps Jan 8th 2008 5:27 pm

Hi everyone.

I lived in Low Fell for the first 18 years of my life before moving to Scotland.

Agree completely about the lack of curry! I've been here about 4 months and am gasping for a decent dopiaza with spiced onions, poppadoms and a peshwari naan! :teeth_smile:

Knight Jan 8th 2008 9:48 pm

Originally Posted by C.C (Post 5758337)
I could murder a good curry, we dont have any here in Stillwater, though there are a few in the city but still not as good as The Raj in Pudding Chare, my favourite. What are you doing in Mississispi?

I think my favourite was a small place on Durham Road in Gateshead called Paprika (was opposite the Springfield Hotel - used to be a japanese place with the bamboo on the outside if you remember that). I only know of one curry house near me, and it's a good 80 miles away, and the nearest place for a good pint of stella is 70 miles away :eek:

Not doing a lot in MS. Moved here to marry my fiancee, we're tying the knot next Friday.

C.C Jan 19th 2008 2:21 am

Originally Posted by Knight (Post 5760166)
I think my favourite was a small place on Durham Road in Gateshead called Paprika (was opposite the Springfield Hotel - used to be a japanese place with the bamboo on the outside if you remember that). I only know of one curry house near me, and it's a good 80 miles away, and the nearest place for a good pint of stella is 70 miles away :eek:

Not doing a lot in MS. Moved here to marry my fiancee, we're tying the knot next Friday.

How come its so hard to get a good curry in the US??? Its mad, arent there any decent Indian chefs in the US. I live in a University town with students from all over the world and I know that there are Indian students here so why dont we have a restuarant.. Yes Im ranting,,,,,,,, dont know why, dont suppoes anyone here can open a restaurant in Stillwater.

C.C Jan 19th 2008 2:24 am

Originally Posted by C.C (Post 5808484)
How come its so hard to get a good curry in the US??? Its mad, arent there any decent Indian chefs in the US. I live in a University town with students from all over the world and I know that there are Indian students here so why dont we have a restuarant.. Yes Im ranting,,,,,,,, dont know why, dont suppoes anyone here can open a restaurant in Stillwater.

We are about 80 miles away from a good night out. I miss english pubs, living in the bible belt its only low life that go to bars ro so Im told by some people. These people have never been out in the toon for a night ooot.

Having said that I do have a great recipe for a great Rogan Josh if anyone wants its.

SueM Jan 19th 2008 11:52 pm

CC
Even living in California there are no good Indian restaurants here, the only one I found that is half decent is in Reno and the taste is so different from home.
Hope you posted that recipe on Zaar...... :D

Howard1944 Jan 29th 2008 3:47 pm

A Geordie, for those who do not know, is a Scotsman who climbed over Hadrians Wall and was smart enough not to climb back.:rofl:

C.C Jan 29th 2008 5:05 pm

Originally Posted by Knight (Post 5760166)

Hey there Congratu;ations Knight.:D

C.C Jan 29th 2008 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by SueM (Post 5811995)
CC
Even living in California there are no good Indian restaurants here, the only one I found that is half decent is in Reno and the taste is so different from home.
Hope you posted that recipe on Zaar...... :D

Hi there Sue, were do you think I got the recipe from..........LOL Its one of Tulipfairys, its really good. It certainley cured my cravings.

Chris