Any Geordies out there??

Old Jan 7th 2008, 10:33 pm
C.C
Geordie Lass

C.C is just really niceC.C is just really niceC.C is just really niceC.C is just really niceC.C is just really niceC.C is just really niceC.C is just really niceC.C is just really niceC.C is just really nice
Default Any Geordies out there??

Hello, I was wondering if there were any Geordies out there. Would love to hear from you.
Old Jan 7th 2008, 11:01 pm
Forum Regular

SueM is just really niceSueM is just really niceSueM is just really niceSueM is just really niceSueM is just really niceSueM is just really niceSueM is just really niceSueM is just really niceSueM is just really nice
Default Re: Any Geordies out there??

Hi CC
Glad you found it....Is this a great site or wot?
Old Jan 8th 2008, 3:19 am
C.C
Geordie Lass

C.C is just really niceC.C is just really niceC.C is just really niceC.C is just really niceC.C is just really niceC.C is just really niceC.C is just really niceC.C is just really niceC.C is just really nice

Originally Posted by SueM
Hi CC
Glad you found it....Is this a great site or wot?
I am jsut starting to fine my way round it, but so far it looks great.
Old Jan 8th 2008, 1:18 pm
Twice half his height

Knight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by C.C
Hello, I was wondering if there were any Geordies out there. Would love to hear from you.
Heya.

I lived in Gateshead for 4 years before I moved to Mississippi. Also got a friend in Jackson MS who lived in Gateshead before he moved too.

Where abouts are you from/going to?
Old Jan 8th 2008, 1:45 pm
C.C
Geordie Lass

Originally Posted by Knight
Heya.

I lived in Gateshead for 4 years before I moved to Mississippi. Also got a friend in Jackson MS who lived in Gateshead before he moved too.

Where abouts are you from/going to?
Hi there Knight,
Im from the westend of Newcastle, Walker and Byker. Im now in Oklahoma, have been here four years. I get back once a year but I do still miss the Toon. Where in Gateshead did you live??
Old Jan 8th 2008, 2:10 pm
Twice half his height

Knight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond repute

Hi C.C.

I lived near Saltwell Park (the park was at the end of my street actually).

I've only been here 2 months, but I am already missing certain things about Newcastle, especially all the curry houses and the bars.
Old Jan 8th 2008, 2:28 pm
C.C
Geordie Lass

Hi C.C.

I lived near Saltwell Park (the park was at the end of my street actually).

I've only been here 2 months, but I am already missing certain things about Newcastle, especially all the curry houses and the bars.
I could murder a good curry, we dont have any here in Stillwater, though there are a few in the city but still not as good as The Raj in Pudding Chare, my favourite. What are you doing in Mississispi?
Old Jan 8th 2008, 5:27 pm
Forum Regular

Dodgykeeps will become famous soon enoughDodgykeeps will become famous soon enough

Hi everyone.

I lived in Low Fell for the first 18 years of my life before moving to Scotland.

Agree completely about the lack of curry! I've been here about 4 months and am gasping for a decent dopiaza with spiced onions, poppadoms and a peshwari naan!
Old Jan 8th 2008, 9:48 pm
Twice half his height

Originally Posted by C.C
I could murder a good curry, we dont have any here in Stillwater, though there are a few in the city but still not as good as The Raj in Pudding Chare, my favourite. What are you doing in Mississispi?
I think my favourite was a small place on Durham Road in Gateshead called Paprika (was opposite the Springfield Hotel - used to be a japanese place with the bamboo on the outside if you remember that). I only know of one curry house near me, and it's a good 80 miles away, and the nearest place for a good pint of stella is 70 miles away

Not doing a lot in MS. Moved here to marry my fiancee, we're tying the knot next Friday.
Old Jan 19th 2008, 2:21 am
C.C
Geordie Lass

I think my favourite was a small place on Durham Road in Gateshead called Paprika (was opposite the Springfield Hotel - used to be a japanese place with the bamboo on the outside if you remember that). I only know of one curry house near me, and it's a good 80 miles away, and the nearest place for a good pint of stella is 70 miles away

Not doing a lot in MS. Moved here to marry my fiancee, we're tying the knot next Friday.
How come its so hard to get a good curry in the US??? Its mad, arent there any decent Indian chefs in the US. I live in a University town with students from all over the world and I know that there are Indian students here so why dont we have a restuarant.. Yes Im ranting,,,,,,,, dont know why, dont suppoes anyone here can open a restaurant in Stillwater.
Old Jan 19th 2008, 2:24 am
C.C
Geordie Lass

Originally Posted by C.C
How come its so hard to get a good curry in the US??? Its mad, arent there any decent Indian chefs in the US. I live in a University town with students from all over the world and I know that there are Indian students here so why dont we have a restuarant.. Yes Im ranting,,,,,,,, dont know why, dont suppoes anyone here can open a restaurant in Stillwater.
We are about 80 miles away from a good night out. I miss english pubs, living in the bible belt its only low life that go to bars ro so Im told by some people. These people have never been out in the toon for a night ooot.

Having said that I do have a great recipe for a great Rogan Josh if anyone wants its.
Old Jan 19th 2008, 11:52 pm
Forum Regular

SueM is just really niceSueM is just really niceSueM is just really niceSueM is just really niceSueM is just really niceSueM is just really niceSueM is just really niceSueM is just really niceSueM is just really nice

CC
Even living in California there are no good Indian restaurants here, the only one I found that is half decent is in Reno and the taste is so different from home.
Hope you posted that recipe on Zaar......
Old Jan 29th 2008, 3:47 pm
Banned

Howard1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud of

A Geordie, for those who do not know, is a Scotsman who climbed over Hadrians Wall and was smart enough not to climb back.
Old Jan 29th 2008, 5:05 pm
C.C
Geordie Lass

Hey there Congratu;ations Knight.
Old Jan 29th 2008, 5:08 pm
C.C
Geordie Lass

Originally Posted by SueM
CC
Even living in California there are no good Indian restaurants here, the only one I found that is half decent is in Reno and the taste is so different from home.
Hope you posted that recipe on Zaar......
Hi there Sue, were do you think I got the recipe from..........LOL Its one of Tulipfairys, its really good. It certainley cured my cravings.

Chris

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.