Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

What's happening in Bahrain lately?`

What's happening in Bahrain lately?`

Old Nov 19th 2011, 6:21 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What's happening in Bahrain lately?`

Originally Posted by markinbahrain
I had a similar experience 6-8 weeks ago, policeman pointing gun at me in my car, but I was 40-50 feet away, not a nice experience is it Tock!! I think I quoted at the time that I nearly "sh*t a brick", due to being at the wrong place at the wrong time.
Their is a lot of trouble out their at the moment, one of my employees said to me earlier, that the police have been shooting at cars and that Sitra is like a war zone with loads of people injured..... I hope it is not that bad, but Bahrain is becoming a pain in the arse for my conscience and my sanity.
At least you got out of Sitra today Tock, and you cant say I didnt warn you today
As Norsk says ( by the beach in Dubai ) what is peoples threshold to when enough is enough, and business is definitely getting worse and worse that is for sure. Lets hope Tock it was a one off, stay safe mate.
every once in a while i forget that i live by the beach. thanks for reminding me mark. i am a very happy bunny!
Old Nov 20th 2011, 2:14 am
Forum Regular

Work Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really nice

Originally Posted by Tockalosh
4.15 pm leaving Sitra Industrial North and drove round a bend straight into riot at the back of police line. Officer with shotgun pointed at my head from 3 metres away panicking (obviously thinking I was one of the disloyal sneaking up from behind. Stand off for a few seconds that seemed like eternity before being ushered away by another officer

This was the final straw and it looks like its game over for the Tockalosh family in Bahrain.
Yes, I guess that'll do it. Totally understand, which is why we've been hesitating to relocate for so long. We almost were convinced to make the move, up until these recent events.

Good luck Tockalosh for you and your family.

Last edited by Work Widow; Nov 20th 2011 at 2:15 am. Reason: to correct mispelling
Old Nov 20th 2011, 5:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Ronnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond repute

I could live with the shit until the shotgun incident today and then it suddenly brings home the fact that some things are just not worth living with. If the windows had been a touch darker, if the officer had thought he had seen a threat etc etc then squeeze the trigger and the inside of the Toyota would have been a nice shade of Tockalosh red and morale would not have been good

There was a short influx of Saudis after the Ramadan Eid but they have pretty much dried up now. Only the hardcore lol

Rangey will be going to Bebehani for a price on Thursday then we can explore opportunities as they say
Gutted to hear that. We need you here to take the piss and keep morale up! My wife is the one dragging her heels here, she likes it and wants to stay whereas I have my doubts about living somewhere where you go to sleep listening to sound grenades and tuneful riots a mile or so away. Where will you head next mate?
Old Nov 20th 2011, 5:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ronnie Biggs
Gutted to hear that. We need you here to take the piss and keep morale up! My wife is the one dragging her heels here, she likes it and wants to stay whereas I have my doubts about living somewhere where you go to sleep listening to sound grenades and tuneful riots a mile or so away. Where will you head next mate?
Beyond caring mate, I actually dont care anymore. Got my feelers out already. Maybe even Qatar God forbid lmfao. I dont want me or my kids to be exposed to this shit. Funnily enough my wife is still wanting me to pay next terms schools fees. No idea what planet hey
Old Nov 20th 2011, 1:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ronnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond repute

Beyond caring mate, I actually dont care anymore. Got my feelers out already. Maybe even Qatar God forbid lmfao. I dont want me or my kids to be exposed to this shit. Funnily enough my wife is still wanting me to pay next terms schools fees. No idea what planet hey
She's on the same planet as my missus. Women do seem to love being in Bahrain, even with all the weird stuff that's going on here. Must be something in the teargas....

Norsk - send the chopper over son, we're coming to find you!
Old Nov 20th 2011, 3:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

She's on the same planet as my missus. Women do seem to love being in Bahrain, even with all the weird stuff that's going on here. Must be something in the teargas....

Will we all fit on a Raleigh bicycle ?
Old Nov 20th 2011, 3:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

By the way, replaced the 2 knackered tyres on the Rangey today and was had for 232 bhd after discount.

I know she can pick her heels up when she wants to but the price of tyres is mad

There are some hidden costs with Solihuls finest. Next time I will run over a protester instead as they cause less damage
Old Nov 20th 2011, 5:29 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

You pulling the troops out RB?
Old Nov 20th 2011, 5:30 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

By the way, replaced the 2 knackered tyres on the Rangey today and was had for 232 bhd after discount.

I know she can pick her heels up when she wants to but the price of tyres is mad

There are some hidden costs with Solihuls finest. Next time I will run over a protester instead as they cause less damage
by the way that is damn cheap depending on what brand you got of course. do you not run low profile on your car or something?
Old Nov 20th 2011, 6:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by norsk
by the way that is damn cheap depending on what brand you got of course. do you not run low profile on your car or something?
55 profile on 19's

I thought it was expensive.
Old Nov 20th 2011, 6:43 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

55 profile on 19's

I thought it was expensive.
that will be why then. mine are 40 profile on 20's and cost a fortune! i bought 4 new ones recently at approx AED1600 a piece (and i didn't buy the brand i wanted as i couldn't justify the cost)..

rubber is ridiculously priced in the region though. much more expensive than in the UK and you run the risk of buying counterfeit tyres.

'damn cheap' was an exaggeration by the way..
Old Nov 21st 2011, 3:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by norsk
that will be why then. mine are 40 profile on 20's and cost a fortune! i bought 4 new ones recently at approx AED1600 a piece (and i didn't buy the brand i wanted as i couldn't justify the cost)..

rubber is ridiculously priced in the region though. much more expensive than in the UK and you run the risk of buying counterfeit tyres.

'damn cheap' was an exaggeration by the way..
Fake Tyres !!!!! Hadnt heard of fake tyres before. Hey ho, how to make a bad day even worse... shell out the bucks on fake tyres
Old Nov 21st 2011, 7:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Is anyone in Bahrain still awake ?

Was looking forward to 2 days of peace in Abu Dhabi but been refused entry this evening and have to return to Bahrain on the 0220 flight. My mrs tells me its gone ape shit tonight with explosions all over Diraz, Saar and Hamala. Anyone confirm? I am going to be really pissed off if I drive into more riots
Old Nov 21st 2011, 8:00 pm
Forum Regular

markinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nice

Is anyone in Bahrain still awake ?

Was looking forward to 2 days of peace in Abu Dhabi but been refused entry this evening and have to return to Bahrain on the 0220 flight. My mrs tells me its gone ape shit tonight with explosions all over Diraz, Saar and Hamala. Anyone confirm? I am going to be really pissed off if I drive into more riots
So they have finally caught up with you in Adu Dhabi then

Yes, its boom, boom time this evening, I am surprised their is any gas cylinders & tyres left in Bahrain, they have really been blowing up these cylinders tonight. They are doing it now leading up to the report being published on Wednesday, rumour has it that next week is going to be crazy, so the government might hold back until after their bank holiday to go into any detail on the report, as all the nuts will be out with their swords next week, and the media has all arrived so its an opportunity to get in the spotlight!!

Tubli & Arad are very bad tonight 8/10 for danger.
Sanabis & Saar bad tonight and roadblocks 7/10
Al Hajr/Abu Saibah area loads been going off 7/10
Janabiyah a few gone off 5/10
Hamala very bad as well 7/10
Amwaj 0/10
I am sure they will all be tucked up in bed by the time you get out of the airport.

Last edited by markinbahrain; Nov 21st 2011 at 8:09 pm.
Old Nov 21st 2011, 11:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yep all tucked up in bed. Loads of police out but no sign or smell of anything on the way home at 03.30

I think refusal was due to non payment of salak fine 3 years ago

And cheers for the update Mark, much appreciated.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.