Reload this Page >

NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Old Feb 7th 2023, 3:33 am
Just Joined

Dappermuis is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Originally Posted by ExpatKSA
Hello we are in a very similar situation. The NEOM school is in NC1 and they enroll 2 and up. Enrolling your children will put you in a higher priority to going to NC1. If your family will be there before May 8th you can get in this year if not then you can get them enrolled for next academic year. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions. What stage are you in during the hiring process?
Hi Thank you for the quick reply. I am busy with hire right and just got all my attestations done. I have enrolled our toddler but no confirmation of accommodation in NC1 only in NC2. If your child is enrolled do you have to commute between NC1 and NC2 if they dont have accommodation in NC1?
I am expected to arrive before April and my family can join as soon as possible after my IQAMA is received.
Old Feb 7th 2023, 3:39 am
Forum Regular

ExpatKSA is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dappermuis
Hi Thank you for the quick reply. I am busy with hire right and just got all my attestations done. I have enrolled our toddler but no confirmation of accommodation in NC1 only in NC2. If your child is enrolled do you have to commute between NC1 and NC2 if they dont have accommodation in NC1?
I am expected to arrive before April and my family can join as soon as possible after my IQAMA is received.
I am not sure. I know one person who came and brought his family on a visit visa and they were able to get him in NC1 right away because his child was accepted in the school. I am not sure what will happen in the case where you come in and few month later your child comes. Will they move you or will you need to take your child to NC1 when you are commuting to the office. I decided to enroll my children in the next academic year.
Old Feb 7th 2023, 3:41 am
Forum Regular

Diplo is an unknown quantity at this point

I assume there hasn’t been much change or any plans anyone’s aware of re: accommodation?

Are new starters still going in to hotels, or have they managed that yet - last I read was that both NC1 & 2 were expanding rapidly, especially accommodation. Some of the NC2 rooms look somewhat ‘limited’..

Super grateful if anyone has any insight as to what’s happening over the next few months. Leaving family behind so will be single and coming in at Grade 6 Manager if that makes any difference at all..

Thanks in advance!
Old Feb 7th 2023, 3:50 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Diplo
I assume there hasn’t been much change or any plans anyone’s aware of re: accommodation?

Are new starters still going in to hotels, or have they managed that yet - last I read was that both NC1 & 2 were expanding rapidly, especially accommodation. Some of the NC2 rooms look somewhat ‘limited’..

Super grateful if anyone has any insight as to what’s happening over the next few months. Leaving family behind so will be single and coming in at Grade 6 Manager if that makes any difference at all..

Thanks in advance!
Have you had your onboarding call? They should've told you in that call.
Old Feb 7th 2023, 4:00 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ExpatKSA
Have you had your onboarding call? They should've told you in that call.
Not yet - sounds ominous!

I’ve got the onboarding app, but it just shows the NC1 cabin walkthrough.

Old Feb 7th 2023, 4:11 am
Forum Regular

Not yet - sounds ominous!

I’ve got the onboarding app, but it just shows the NC1 cabin walkthrough.
yeah that shows for everyone I think. I got the same thing but when I had the call they said I will be in NC2 for 6month - year until things open up.
Old Feb 7th 2023, 5:05 am
Forum Regular

I assumed as much, thanks. I've just started the onboarding and HireRight stuff, so could be 3-4 months before I end up out there, although the onboarding app does have a nice 60 day countdown!

I'm led to believe there're building at pace, but they're clearly also hiring at pace too, so I imagine we're in for the long wait to get into the good accommodation.
Old Feb 7th 2023, 6:15 am
Forum Regular

ZeroCool_HTP is an unknown quantity at this point

I assumed as much, thanks. I've just started the onboarding and HireRight stuff, so could be 3-4 months before I end up out there, although the onboarding app does have a nice 60 day countdown!

I'm led to believe there're building at pace, but they're clearly also hiring at pace too, so I imagine we're in for the long wait to get into the good accommodation.
NC1 is full and they havent started building any new cabins yet. They have expanded NC2 by approx. 700 units so there is nobody going to hotels recently as far as I am aware.
Old Feb 7th 2023, 6:34 am
Just Joined

DryC is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm travelling out alone this weekend with wife coming out when Iqama / immigration is sorted - onboarding mgr confirmed accom at NC2, not hotel 😀
Old Feb 7th 2023, 7:02 pm
Just Joined

Hi - any advice on travel (ie non-covid) vaccines? Just want to check I don't need a yellow fever certificate or similar.

Thanks!
Old Feb 7th 2023, 7:28 pm
Forum Regular

BMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DryC
Hi - any advice on travel (ie non-covid) vaccines? Just want to check I don't need a yellow fever certificate or similar.

Thanks!
No certificates right now. IF you have any, it doesn't hurt to pack them, just in case.
Old Feb 7th 2023, 7:32 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BMH77
No certificates right now. IF you have any, it doesn't hurt to pack them, just in case.

Thanks for the speedy reply 👍🏼
Old Feb 7th 2023, 7:41 pm
Just Joined

Brit in KSA is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Everyone,

I have spent the past few hours going through the thread and wasn't able to come across anyone who's done an iqama transfer within KSA to a new job role in NEOM. I'd rather not go through the whole new iqama process again from the UK as it will take months.

Thank you in advance
Old Feb 8th 2023, 1:51 am
Forum Regular

There’s some info in the onboarding portal about transferring an Iqama form another company.

Let me see if I can find it.
Old Feb 8th 2023, 1:54 am
Forum Regular

Yeah, found it. Basically there’s a process that they do in conjunction with your existing employer to transfer it over. Have a word with your onboarder when you get to that stage and they should be able to advise.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.