Reload this Page >

NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Old Feb 8th 2023, 3:50 am
Just Joined

Alexhuston is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Hello All
Sorry for bothering you guys. Please can someone advise me about how long does it take time to get a client approval for working in Sharma/Neom? I had a job offer in last November, Business Visa issued and I am still waiting for the client approval! I have never faced this much of waiting! Dose anyone have the same experience?
Old Feb 8th 2023, 8:32 am
Just Joined

TheGman is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello All - is anybody travelling to NEOM this weekend from Dammam, Jeddah or Riyadh please?
Old Feb 8th 2023, 8:38 am
Forum Regular

ExpatKSA is an unknown quantity at this point

How many days before the "start date" does the POA (Power of Attorney) come?
Old Feb 8th 2023, 4:12 pm
Just Joined

KSAscot is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Brit in KSA
Hi Everyone,

I have spent the past few hours going through the thread and wasn't able to come across anyone who's done an iqama transfer within KSA to a new job role in NEOM. I'd rather not go through the whole new iqama process again from the UK as it will take months.

Thank you in advance
I'm part-way through onboarding and due to start at the end of March, so also interested to see how smoothly an Iqama transfer is.
Old Feb 8th 2023, 10:55 pm
Forum Regular

BMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all. I'm at Neom now and have to change my business visa to a work visa. I will have to go back to USA to lodge the visa but would rather get the medical exam in KSA or Dubai. Does anyone have any suggestions of where to go? I'd really hate to pay US healthcare prices for this if I don't have to...
Old Feb 9th 2023, 12:31 am
Just Joined

rcplus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by xandy
I never had the opportunity to receive the offer letter. They kept me waiting for 5-months and whenever I asked for update, very generic response "awaiting approvals to proceed". My profile still shows "submit docs"
I hope some progress by now. What is the status now? Is the system still showing "submit docs"?
Old Feb 9th 2023, 2:52 am
Just Joined

Adventure99 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all. I'm new here and hoping someone can help out with some questions I have. Currently in the offer process and submitting documentation, where you have to fill in the medical background form. It's stated that with certain diseases (eg HIV, hepatitis) but also chronic diseases, you will not be granted an iqama. As chronic diseases is a broad term - can anyone shed some light with which chronic diseases you are unable to get an iqama? Many thanks!
Old Feb 9th 2023, 5:10 am
Just Joined

Webby1966 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TheGman
It would be great if anybody could let me know, feel free to PM. I will be flying directly to NEOM Bay Airport and there are no SIM card stalls there so I won't have an opportunity to by a Saudi SIM before arriving at camp
Unfortunately, as mentioned previously in threads before there is no possibility of purchasing a SIM in Neom Bay Airport as many of us experienced upon arrival there. 3 options available as to my knowledge and experience:
1.5hrs to Duba to the STC shop
2hrs to Tabuk to Mobile phone shops
possible compound visits from mobile provider, depends on where you will be staying and if the company organise SIM provider visits.

I got buy on Wi-Fi when I arrived before taking the Duba trip, some people talk about virtual sim or something but I have zero knowledge of these or if they work. Best of luck.
Old Feb 9th 2023, 5:24 am
Just Joined

Webby1966 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Webby1966
Unfortunately, as mentioned previously in threads before there is no possibility of purchasing a SIM in Neom Bay Airport as many of us experienced upon arrival there. 3 options available as to my knowledge and experience:
1.5hrs to Duba to the STC shop
2hrs to Tabuk to Mobile phone shops
possible compound visits from mobile provider, depends on where you will be staying and if the company organise SIM provider visits.

I got buy on Wi-Fi when I arrived before taking the Duba trip, some people talk about virtual sim or something but I have zero knowledge of these or if they work. Best of luck.
1 important point to note, when you enter the Kingdom the first time on work visa the border officer will write a series of numbers in your passport on the page opposite the visa itself. This number is required when you purchase a SIM card (unless you already have Iqama). This then associates the Sim registration to Passport, and subsequently once you have obtained Iqama you need to go back to the Mobile provider and get the Sim registration transferred to your Iqama.

Old Feb 9th 2023, 5:53 am
Just Joined

TheGman is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you, useful info as always!
Old Feb 9th 2023, 10:51 pm
Just Joined

Dxbstu387 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All, for those already in NEOM/Trojena, what are the 5 items you wish you never took with you and the 5 items you wish you had?
Old Feb 10th 2023, 10:55 pm
Forum Regular

BMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dxbstu387
Hi All, for those already in NEOM/Trojena, what are the 5 items you wish you never took with you and the 5 items you wish you had?
Wish I brought:
* a hoodie (it gets colder than you think)
* Hiking boots
* bathing suit
* Some framed pics from home for the walls

There's nothing for the hadn't brought list, really. I just brought clothes. I might not have brought as much, but we'll see.

Nice thing here is that Amazon.sa is pretty good. ANything you've forgotten you can get pretty quickly.
I
Old Feb 11th 2023, 4:57 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat135 is an unknown quantity at this point

If you provided the required documents the salary certificate and pay slip before the offer, will they require other document after you sign the contract and what are the process after the offer?
Thank you..
Old Feb 11th 2023, 11:47 pm
Just Joined

oudai is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all.
I will be in NEOM in early March.
The onborerer told me that I would be in NC2 for 2 weeks. Then I will move to Pioneer camp for the gulf of Aqaba project.
Any ideas about this camp? And if you have any pics and videos, please share them with me
Old Feb 12th 2023, 5:06 am
GNK
Just Joined

GNK is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Brit in KSA
Hi Everyone,

I have spent the past few hours going through the thread and wasn't able to come across anyone who's done an iqama transfer within KSA to a new job role in NEOM. I'd rather not go through the whole new iqama process again from the UK as it will take months.

Thank you in advance
I am going through the Iqama transfer process now. I needed to provide Neom with a medical check up (as my previous medical for my first Iqama was more than 90 days old), attested degree, IBAN and my Iqama card and they then lodge the transfer request and pay the fee.
I was told it would be 7-10 days. Coming up to 10 days so hoping to hear it's all gone through and I can start work soon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.