Lockdown

Old Apr 27th 2020, 8:09 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lockdown

Originally Posted by Scamp
Spoke to a mate who runs a restaurant. His words; "McGetts ruined it for everyone".
He will be opening from Tuesday but not serving booze for duration of Ramadan.

Good news is, it appears golf courses may be opening....
Open by us , fill your boots . Plastic glasses mind but hey ho , any port and all that !
Old Apr 27th 2020, 8:12 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by co durham boy
Open by us , fill your boots . Plastic glasses mind but hey ho , any port and all that !
Still open?
Old Apr 27th 2020, 8:50 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Still open?
Yes mate , well it was last night .
Old Apr 27th 2020, 9:01 am
Forum Regular

Gavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really nice

This story and accompanying pictures

https://www.thenational.ae/uae/healt...rict-1.1011232
Old Apr 27th 2020, 9:23 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Yes mate , well it was last night .
I'm surprised, mildly jealous but also shaking my head.

I love a beer in a pub, but **** me, to pay and drink out of a plastic pot, whilst fannying about with a mask and keeping 2m apart - it's just not worth the hassle.

Originally Posted by Gavtek
This story and accompanying pictures

https://www.thenational.ae/uae/healt...rict-1.1011232
Dubai 1 - 0 Covid-19
Old Apr 27th 2020, 9:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Dubai 1 - 0 Covid-19
Soon to be Dubai 1 - Covid 19

Old Apr 27th 2020, 9:50 am
BE Forum Addict

I'm surprised, mildly jealous but also shaking my head.

I love a beer in a pub, but **** me, to pay and drink out of a plastic pot, whilst fannying about with a mask and keeping 2m apart - it's just not worth the hassle.

Dubai 1 - 0 Covid-19
It's not for me chief , i mean you'd be sitting on your Jack looking out the window . I don't see the issue with it though . Life must go on and it will
Old Apr 27th 2020, 10:24 am
Account Closed

It's not for me chief , i mean you'd be sitting on your Jack looking out the window . I don't see the issue with it though . Life must go on and it will
I'm actually quite enjoying the myriad of family pub quizzes at the weekend. The time catching up and having a laugh and a beerio together is really great actually. Never spoken to the parents so much....did a football quiz with my old man for 2 hours at the weekend, was brilliant.
Old Apr 28th 2020, 11:09 am
Account Closed

Fingers crossed. Got told last night we're all being lined up this week. Might get canned, might be safe. Lockdown just cranked the anxiety to 14.
Many weeks later and having received full pay at the weekend, the silence this week has been deafening. No conversations, no updates, no nothing.

Got the call today. Still employed got given a mighty pay cut until end of summer and 'reduced hours' (good one), also got an apology for the lack of updates which was, you know, something.

Putting into perspective, I'm relieved and happy to just crack on as normal.
Old Apr 28th 2020, 11:19 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

Many weeks later and having received full pay at the weekend, the silence this week has been deafening. No conversations, no updates, no nothing.

Got the call today. Still employed got given a mighty pay cut until end of summer and 'reduced hours' (good one), also got an apology for the lack of updates which was, you know, something.

Putting into perspective, I'm relieved and happy to just crack on as normal.
Good result, at least they are thinking about life (and work) after the lock down
Old Apr 28th 2020, 11:51 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by weasel decentral
Good result, at least they are thinking about life (and work) after the lock down
Yeah, feels a bit weird to be happy with it but times like this are about digging deep, doing what you need to do and getting busy.
Old Apr 28th 2020, 12:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, feels a bit weird to be happy with it but times like this are about digging deep, doing what you need to do and getting busy.
Well done, Scamp. I’m pleased for you... in a way. It could have been a lot worse.
Old Apr 28th 2020, 12:58 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Well done, Scamp. I’m pleased for you... in a way. It could have been a lot worse.
Absolutely right mate. Payday end of each month won't be a barrel of laughs but you know, it's bigger picture time.
Old Apr 29th 2020, 5:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Absolutely right mate. Payday end of each month won't be a barrel of laughs but you know, it's bigger picture time.
You got the next best option available mate , you've got to be pragmatic on this situation . There's some major changes coming to us all in some way shape or form . We've been lucky as we've kept operational but i've been told to put together a mighty restructure proposal for June.

The axe is as sharp as i have seen it for 25 years .
Old Apr 29th 2020, 5:24 am
Account Closed

You got the next best option available mate , you've got to be pragmatic on this situation . There's some major changes coming to us all in some way shape or form . We've been lucky as we've kept operational but i've been told to put together a mighty restructure proposal for June.

The axe is as sharp as i have seen it for 25 years .
Absolutely correct.
I think this is bad because there is genuine fear mixed into the known unknowns and huge pile of unknown unknowns.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.