Covid 19

Old Mar 11th 2020, 8:26 am
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Covid 19

I'm flying back to Blighty early hours Friday morning for a week. Wonder what are the chances of KSA banning incoming flights from UK whilst I'm there. The one week holiday could into several weeks...
Old Mar 11th 2020, 2:19 pm

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nottmbantam
I'm flying back to Blighty early hours Friday morning for a week. Wonder what are the chances of KSA banning incoming flights from UK whilst I'm there. The one week holiday could into several weeks...
If it's going to be an issue for you with your company, I would postpone. Expect UK to be banned within a week if it follows the same patterns as France and Germany which it seems to be. Then banned flights won't be your only problem. You'll also have to spend 14 days somewhere else that is corona free before entry into Saudi .

Personally I cancelled. I was flying tomorrow and due back at the end of March. Couldn't take the risk. Working from home is not an option as I need to be there all the time. And I didn't want to have to use an extra 2 weeks of my vacation somewhere else at the end of the original vacation.
Old Mar 11th 2020, 3:16 pm
Forum Regular

FriendlyExpat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nonthaburi
If it's going to be an issue for you with your company, I would postpone. Expect UK to be banned within a week if it follows the same patterns as France and Germany which it seems to be. Then banned flights won't be your only problem. You'll also have to spend 14 days somewhere else that is corona free before entry into Saudi .

Personally I cancelled. I was flying tomorrow and due back at the end of March. Couldn't take the risk. Working from home is not an option as I need to be there all the time. And I didn't want to have to use an extra 2 weeks of my vacation somewhere else at the end of the original vacation.
Not to mention, potential tax issues if you get stuck in the UK for more than the maximum number of days and regain residency by accident. I wonder how HMRC would handle that (probably with limited sympathy).
Old Mar 11th 2020, 4:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

I went to the dentist today. New rule: before seeing me, I had to have blood pressure and temperature taken. I was also asked about my travel history. I requested the dentist do the same in front of me, and if he had travelled. Obviously, they didn't know what to say, but they did confirm that the dentist got in from the UK last night. I guess they mean well.
Old Mar 11th 2020, 4:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond repute

Local newspapers reporting that the school e-learning MAY be extended till the end of term in June.
Also that Kuwait has suspended all flights in and out from Friday.
Old Mar 11th 2020, 6:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Maxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond repute

Kuwait is in a Italy style lockdown, the flights ban though applies only to non-Kuwaitis, Kuwaitis can still arrive

MOE has tweeted that news of extension is a rumor and untrue.....
Old Mar 11th 2020, 9:08 pm
Forum Regular

FriendlyExpat is an unknown quantity at this point

Dow down 7% AGAIN

Utter carnage
Old Mar 12th 2020, 4:21 am

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

KSA ban is now all of EU. UK just escapes...for now.

https://www.arabnews.com/node/1640286/saudi-arabia

Old Mar 12th 2020, 4:45 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Millhouse
I went to the dentist today. New rule: before seeing me, I had to have blood pressure and temperature taken. I was also asked about my travel history. I requested the dentist do the same in front of me, and if he had travelled. Obviously, they didn't know what to say, but they did confirm that the dentist got in from the UK last night. I guess they mean well.

****ing morons.
Old Mar 12th 2020, 6:49 am
BE Forum Addict

csdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
So did you go ahead with the treatment? At this stage if not very soon, avoiding close contact with recent arrivals from the EU might be a pretty good idea.
Old Mar 12th 2020, 7:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by csdf
So did you go ahead with the treatment? At this stage if not very soon, avoiding close contact with recent arrivals from the EU might be a pretty good idea.
yup. Life is too short to worry about dying.
Old Mar 12th 2020, 7:01 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

All I want to know is why I can't stop touching my face.
Old Mar 12th 2020, 7:26 am
BE Forum Addict

csdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
All I want to know is why I can't stop touching my face.
Some tricks:
a) Have a box of tissues handy. Every time you want to scratch your face, use the tissue.
b) Practice using your shoulder or upper arm to touch your face instead.
c) In meetings, clasp your hands together on your lap if you're not talking
d) When out and about, put your hands in your pockets
e) If all this fails and you do accidentally use your hands on your face, headbutt the desk. You'll soon develop a Pavlovian response.
Old Mar 12th 2020, 7:31 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by csdf
Some tricks:
a) Have a box of tissues handy. Every time you want to scratch your face, use the tissue.
b) Practice using your shoulder or upper arm to touch your face instead.
c) In meetings, clasp your hands together on your lap if you're not talking
d) When out and about, put your hands in your pockets
e) If all this fails and you do accidentally use your hands on your face, headbutt the desk. You'll soon develop a Pavlovian response.
It's the last one that's going to work best for me.

I just itched my nose.
Old Mar 12th 2020, 7:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I have the same issue but with my balls. I’m also a massive face toucher. It can get really awkward with strangers.

The only time we have to worry about all of this is if Matt Damon gets sick. He’s the canary in the mine.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.