Covid 19

Old Feb 25th 2020, 4:58 am
Forum Regular

eastrunner is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Covid 19

Good to see the GCC Unity in publishing the Coronavirus cases simultaneously on Monday the 24th Kuwait, Bahrain and Oman all had visitors form Iran who had the virus, how's it looking elsewhere?

https://timesofoman.com/article/2803...of-coronavirus

ER

Old Feb 25th 2020, 8:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Covid 19

Originally Posted by eastrunner
Good to see the GCC Unity in publishing the Coronavirus cases simultaneously on Monday the 24th Kuwait, Bahrain and Oman all had visitors form Iran who had the virus, how's it looking elsewhere?

https://timesofoman.com/article/2803...of-coronavirus

ER
Nothing to report here. I am thankful that we are in full control of the situation with only a very limited number of cases despite having the busiest transit airport in the world.
Old Feb 26th 2020, 4:03 am
BE Forum Addict

csdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Nothing to report here. I am thankful that we are in full control of the situation with only a very limited number of cases despite having the busiest transit airport in the world.
Wink twice if they're still standing behind you.

​​​​​​​If I were dependent on visa runs, I'd start to get a little nervous. Not inconceivable that that becomes impossible in the next few weeks.
Old Feb 29th 2020, 4:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

E-gates are now closed so travel history can be reviewed for all new arrivals.

Old Feb 29th 2020, 5:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Pongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond repute

A group of friends were prevented from leaving a bar on Thursday night where the cycle tour were staying, eventually allowed out but IDs were scanned. I understand that later that night no one was allowed out.
Old Mar 1st 2020, 2:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

So are lots of people wearing masks over there? Are masks out of stock at stores? Price gouging going on?
Old Mar 1st 2020, 4:19 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Just had a work email that no travel allowed for business unless it's to KSA and only then if it's to see clients (lots of FIFO people), seems daft but saves me from going next week I guess.

Heard there's two hotels in AD on lockdown.

Schools have canned all meet ups - fixtures, camps, tournaments, inter-school activities etc.
As soon as the first couple of kids get infected they'll just shut them down. Senior staff being asked to prepare for 'home learning' for children.
Old Mar 1st 2020, 5:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Good bold move from the central bank today... Banks have been told to reschedule repayments to support businesses affected by the bug.

You can choose to read this one of two ways... 1) we are in a lot more trouble than we know, or 2) the central bank is progressive, reacting well and taking early steps.

I'm leaning towards #2 - overlooking that the roads and malls seemed very quiet on saturday.
Old Mar 1st 2020, 6:08 am
Wannabe Cycling God

TheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Good bold move from the central bank today... Banks have been told to reschedule repayments to support businesses affected by the bug.

You can choose to read this one of two ways... 1) we are in a lot more trouble than we know, or 2) the central bank is progressive, reacting well and taking early steps.

I'm leaning towards #2 - overlooking that the roads and malls seemed very quiet on saturday.
I lean towards option1 and Corona is just a very helpful excuse to cover up the state of the economy.
Old Mar 1st 2020, 7:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by TheShed
I lean towards option1 and Corona is just a very helpful excuse to cover up the state of the economy.
You ol’ skeptic.
Old Mar 1st 2020, 10:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

https://www.zawya.com/uae/en/busines...1nL8N2AU043X4/

DUBAI - Dubai's Emirates Group has seen a "measurable slowdown" in business due to the coronavirus outbreak and has asked staff to take paid and unpaid leave, according to an internal email seen by Reuters.

Old Mar 1st 2020, 10:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Cypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to behold

There'll be people on the streets chasing Chinese and Iranians shouting 'Cough in my face, cough in my face"
Old Mar 1st 2020, 10:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Pongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond repute

Have ‘asked’ staff....
Old Mar 1st 2020, 11:17 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Cypselos
There'll be people on the streets chasing Chinese and Iranians shouting 'Cough in my face, cough in my face"
Weird, my missus begs me for something really similar.
Old Mar 1st 2020, 11:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Cypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to behold

Chinese or Iranian?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.