Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Anti-backstabbing Thread

Anti-backstabbing Thread

Old Jan 31st 2005, 12:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

LakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Anti-backstabbing Thread

Originally Posted by Singlemom
Hello LL!

Should have told me....I was alone at scarletts
Sorry! Was a spur of the moment thing. Friends of ours discovered a few days ago that their 8 yr old boy has type 1 diabetes. Was in hospital for a few days, now he's back home & back to school. So when we were asked if we fancied a quickie (so to speak!) we couldn't exactly say no, could we? Could have done without the 1am finish though with the school run.

You ever been to the bar at Al Qasr? It's lovely. More of a civilised drink & chat than cattle markets like Scarletts so great if that's what you're in the mood for. Definitely recommend it. Especially the Bounty cocktails.
Old Jan 31st 2005, 12:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Singlemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by LakesLassie
Sorry! Was a spur of the moment thing. Friends of ours discovered a few days ago that their 8 yr old boy has type 1 diabetes. Was in hospital for a few days, now he's back home & back to school. So when we were asked if we fancied a quickie (so to speak!) we couldn't exactly say no, could we? Could have done without the 1am finish though with the school run.

You ever been to the bar at Al Qasr? It's lovely. More of a civilised drink & chat than cattle markets like Scarletts so great if that's what you're in the mood for. Definitely recommend it. Especially the Bounty cocktails.
Have never been there actually..will check it out...
Old Jan 31st 2005, 1:17 pm
Just Incredible

karenb2 has a brilliant futurekarenb2 has a brilliant futurekarenb2 has a brilliant futurekarenb2 has a brilliant futurekarenb2 has a brilliant futurekarenb2 has a brilliant futurekarenb2 has a brilliant future

LL,

Is that the Bahra bar that you are talking about?? Been there a few times. Lovely ambiance. Nice to sit and chat with friends or even to go as a couple for quiet romantic evening. Would highly recommend it.
Old Jan 31st 2005, 1:19 pm
Sat on the fence ......

Rumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers
Sweet........pint of vodka redbull......time and place ??
Oooo Vodka redbull, thats like drinking medicine LOL. When i get rid of this cold and don't look like i'm up for Red Nose Day we'll organise a get together, & the Vodka redbull is your's
Old Jan 31st 2005, 1:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

LakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by karenb2
LL,

Is that the Bahra bar that you are talking about?? Been there a few times. Lovely ambiance. Nice to sit and chat with friends or even to go as a couple for quiet romantic evening. Would highly recommend it.
Not sure of the name, something like Kuubara??? C'mon Face - need the Oracle here!
Old Jan 31st 2005, 1:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Singlemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of light

Not sure of the name, something like Kuubara??? C'mon Face - need the Oracle here!

Can't have anything stronger than wine and beer...

I'm off now...see you all tomorrow!
Old Jan 31st 2005, 1:34 pm
Sat on the fence ......

Rumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond repute

Can't have anything stronger than wine and beer...

I'm off now...see you all tomorrow!
See ya SM have a good evening
Old Jan 31st 2005, 3:56 pm
Forum Regular

Anya4Dubai will become famous soon enoughAnya4Dubai will become famous soon enough

Hi Anya!

It is much better like this..isn't it?
Hi Singlemom,

Just read your post. Had just gone shopping and it was fun.

LakeLassie, I went and got that purple bag (but not the dual coloured one ) I managed to get a lovely shirt to go with it too! Couldn't resist buying the fuschia coloured suede bag too!! I am feeling mighty pleased with myself! Thanks to u I got some colourful stuff, otherwise I am always buying black n beige n browns....sooooo boring!

So here's to more colour in our lives and this board

Cheers
Old Jan 31st 2005, 5:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Anya4Dubai
Hi Singlemom,

Just read your post. Had just gone shopping and it was fun.

LakeLassie, I went and got that purple bag (but not the dual coloured one ) I managed to get a lovely shirt to go with it too! Couldn't resist buying the fuschia coloured suede bag too!! I am feeling mighty pleased with myself! Thanks to u I got some colourful stuff, otherwise I am always buying black n beige n browns....sooooo boring!

So here's to more colour in our lives and this board

Cheers
Brilliant! Was very tempted with the fuschia suede one myself but am becomming a bit obsessed with that colour - discovered another one the same colour when I got home that I'd forgotten about! Very pleased with my purchases too. Nothing like a good bargain is there?

Those colours will really suit you. Bet your hubby was impressed. Had a great time - we must do it again sometime.

Off for an early night now. Too many broken sleeps this week thanks to my precious daughter. And of course there's the dreaded school run...
Old Jan 31st 2005, 5:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

johnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nice

Right, i dont want this thread to turn into a bun-fight, but due to the behaviour, egos and tempers of some (myself included) Id like to post some recommendations to make this forum a nicer place....

Althought the Middle East has know troubles since the beginning of time, we should know better.

1. Please can everyone stop bitching about others via PM or in person. If you have a tangable issue have some balls and deal with that person directly rather than perpetuating bullshit all over cyberspace.
If not....then your a spineless pleb.

2. Sly digs and innuendo's in the posts which are clearly directed at someone. I am guilty of this, so is JB and a few others. please can this stop, use your literary genius to write a book or something.

3. Can we stop this division and "side-taking". this is caused by people bullshitting and deliberately manipulating others to serve their own vested interests.

4. Can people stop being gulible..."unless you witnessed it, it has'nt happened". stop being sucked into someone elses grudge match or ego-sparring competition.

5. I'd like to teach the world to sing...in perfect harmony.....blah blah blah.

c'mon guys, we a'int in the playground anymore. I came on the board to make friends not enemies....and impretty sure thats the reason you came here too.

Over and out

JD, last time i read a speech like that it came from Churchill, well said and i agree with all that you said
Old Jan 31st 2005, 8:30 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Malteser
PMSL...............just got a visual, Jammy tripping in a pothole LOL
Should see the pot holes in maine then, you'd get lost in some of them there so big and deep

Anyway, nice thread, glad things are clearing up
Old Jan 31st 2005, 11:11 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Right, i dont want this thread to turn into a bun-fight, but due to the behaviour, egos and tempers of some (myself included) Id like to post some recommendations to make this forum a nicer place....

Althought the Middle East has know troubles since the beginning of time, we should know better.

1. Please can everyone stop bitching about others via PM or in person. If you have a tangable issue have some balls and deal with that person directly rather than perpetuating bullshit all over cyberspace.
If not....then your a spineless pleb.

2. Sly digs and innuendo's in the posts which are clearly directed at someone. I am guilty of this, so is JB and a few others. please can this stop, use your literary genius to write a book or something.

3. Can we stop this division and "side-taking". this is caused by people bullshitting and deliberately manipulating others to serve their own vested interests.

4. Can people stop being gulible..."unless you witnessed it, it has'nt happened". stop being sucked into someone elses grudge match or ego-sparring competition.

5. I'd like to teach the world to sing...in perfect harmony.....blah blah blah.

c'mon guys, we a'int in the playground anymore. I came on the board to make friends not enemies....and impretty sure thats the reason you came here too.

Over and out
hmmmmmmmmmmmm......... will take note. What did u watch last night? A JFK special or sommat? LOL.

I am sure u will appreciate that!
Old Jan 31st 2005, 11:15 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

In fact, as a gesture of good will, and to show that im man enough to admit my faults, i will apologise to everyone i have offended or pissed off over the last few days.

Face. not returning his karma
now shud u be 4given for that? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Only jokin m8........ I had completely forgotten bout that, but now that u have brought it up, whats taking u so long? LOL. I am kidding. U will eventually return it....... u shud if u want more karma from me.

lol........ ur name is up for karma-ing tom...... u will get a second round from me whether or not u return it.

take care.
F
Old Jan 31st 2005, 11:17 pm
The Oracle

havent the foggiest LL.......... only know of that Tahitian place, Left Bank and The Agency.

Have never ventured into the bar at Al Qasr..... maybe its one for u to check out for us and let us know?

Have one on me aswell.
Old Jan 31st 2005, 11:19 pm
The Oracle

Originally Posted by Bob
Should see the pot holes in maine then, you'd get lost in some of them there so big and deep

Anyway, nice thread, glad things are clearing up

Nov was prolly referin 2 Doha We have no potholes in Dubai. None at all.

Well things are clearing up in here and so is this English weather.......... more sunshine tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And its warming up aswell........... from 6C last week, its now pushing up to 11C. noooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.