Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

Job in Abu Dhabi Investment Authority

Job in Abu Dhabi Investment Authority

Old Nov 11th 2013, 3:48 pm
Just Joined

trippleA is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: psychometric testing for possible job

Originally Posted by kalzone
Hi just wondering if anyone has taken the psychometric test given by ADIA through PDI. Will be doing it soon and am trying to prepare. How about the business simulations portion of the test? Any ideas or advice will be greatly appreciated.
kalzone, what position are you going for? the type of tests vary between roles.
Old Nov 11th 2013, 5:52 pm
Just Joined

kalzone is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Job in Abu Dhabi Investment Authority

It is a senior FA position.
Old Nov 12th 2013, 1:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

It is a senior FA position.
Greg Dyke's job?
Old Nov 12th 2013, 2:09 am
Just Joined

kalzone is an unknown quantity at this point

NO no and no, I am just asking for some help here.
Old Nov 20th 2013, 7:55 am
Just Joined

NO no and no, I am just asking for some help here.
Kalzone, sent you a PM.
Old Nov 23rd 2013, 3:39 pm
Just Joined

Thomas589 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone,

Thank you to everyone who has posted on this thread so far, it has been very helpful. I have an upcoming assessment with PDI NH for a position at ADIA. I am aware that there are a large number of questions related to the psychometric testing, but I have a couple of specific ones that I could not see answers for.

Firstly does anyone have any insight into the form that the real-world job simulation takes? Is it based on the position you are applying for, and therefore technical, or is it more generic, such as how you handle typical situations in the workplace etc.

Secondly are the numerical tests focused on numerical reasoning (where you can use a calculator with the focus of the test on your ability to distill and interpret numerical information), or is it more mental arithmetic (i.e. no calculator and testing your pure maths skills)? Or both?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
Old Nov 26th 2013, 7:44 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Thomas589
Hi everyone,

Thank you to everyone who has posted on this thread so far, it has been very helpful. I have an upcoming assessment with PDI NH for a position at ADIA. I am aware that there are a large number of questions related to the psychometric testing, but I have a couple of specific ones that I could not see answers for.

Firstly does anyone have any insight into the form that the real-world job simulation takes? Is it based on the position you are applying for, and therefore technical, or is it more generic, such as how you handle typical situations in the workplace etc.

Secondly are the numerical tests focused on numerical reasoning (where you can use a calculator with the focus of the test on your ability to distill and interpret numerical information), or is it more mental arithmetic (i.e. no calculator and testing your pure maths skills)? Or both?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
What position/department are you applying for? The assessment will vary based on the role.
Old Nov 26th 2013, 9:17 am
Just Joined

Thomas589 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by trippleA
What position/department are you applying for? The assessment will vary based on the role.
Thanks trippleA. I am applying for an Investment Manager position.
Old Nov 27th 2013, 12:27 pm
Just Joined

Cassanova23 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone

After reading through the previous 20 pages to get myself up to date (thank you a lot of very useful info), I was hoping to get in touch with somebody who currently works at ADIA, perhaps in the more junior roles on the investment / research side. I have been contacted my ADIA about a potential role, I currently live and work in London for a boutique Investment Manager (£7.5bn AUM) where my role as an Investment Analyst covers fundamental global equity research. The role at ADIA is everything I want next in my career; a leading soverign wealth firm, with the infrastructure and training available to continue my development, CFA programme etc... I would like to find out more about the culture of the firm and also what it is like relocating to AD having always lived and worked in London (I am very keen to relocate with my next move, but my preferences had been NY, Sing or HK).

Many thanks in advance.
W
Old Dec 24th 2013, 8:59 pm
11A
Just Joined

11A is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you all for your posts in this thread. Very helpful an informative.

Somebody mentioned here before that ADIA admittedly hacked into their Facebook account. What else can one expect in the same department? Do they hack into your private email, etc?

Thanks guys and gals!
Old Jan 3rd 2014, 9:49 am
Forum Regular

RKI_83 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Guys,

I am a newbie - much valuable information on this forum.

Currently going thought the recruitment process - ADIA are happy with my PDI assessment results - They want to fly my self and my family across to AD.

My question is - what is going to happen when they fly us out?
Old Jan 3rd 2014, 12:56 pm
Just Joined

bluemarlin14 is an unknown quantity at this point

You'll stay at an hotel for some days, normally you fly out on saturday and back on tuesday.
You'll go through job interviews while your family will visit the city and sun bathing at the hotel's pool.
You'll visit your future house (ours was outstanding) and schools for kids.
We didn't accept the offer because the money they offered us was not enough, good luck to you and your family
Old Jan 3rd 2014, 1:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bluemarlin14
You'll stay at an hotel for some days, normally you fly out on saturday and back on tuesday.
You'll go through job interviews while your family will visit the city and sun bathing at the hotel's pool.
You'll visit your future house (ours was outstanding) and schools for kids.
We didn't accept the offer because the money they offered us was not enough, good luck to you and your family
I seem to remember you wanted the salary to match both your net current salaries?
Old Jan 3rd 2014, 1:19 pm
Just Joined

bluemarlin14 is an unknown quantity at this point

I 'd say we would have liked a bit more.

They didn't offer any plane tickets (just to join and after the ending of the contract) and no move paid. No company car either.
Furthermore it was a 3 years contract (nobody told us before! it just came as a surprise) and we were not willing to leave two indetermined contracts, too much uncertainty
Accomodation was great and schooling too
I don't think they're willing to negotiate either
Old Jan 3rd 2014, 2:06 pm
Forum Regular

RKI_83 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bluemarlin14
I 'd say we would have liked a bit more.

They didn't offer any plane tickets (just to join and after the ending of the contract) and no move paid. No company car either.
Furthermore it was a 3 years contract (nobody told us before! it just came as a surprise) and we were not willing to leave two indetermined contracts, too much uncertainty
Accomodation was great and schooling too
I don't think they're willing to negotiate either
Many thanks for your comments.

Is the future house determined by what salary package you are on? Do we have much choice upon what areas we choose the property?

In terms of my current salary - I am contracting so I am on a day-rate. So will they match this rate as a salary?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.