Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

Job in Abu Dhabi Investment Authority

Job in Abu Dhabi Investment Authority

Old Nov 1st 2009, 4:22 am
Just Joined

Biggson is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Job in Abu Dhabi Investment Authority

Hi All,
I am currently in London, being offered a Job in Abu Dhabi Investment Authority.

With a Mathematics PhD, I am currently a quantitative analyst in one of the banks in Canary Whraf (London). The head hunter sets up a final discussion with him on Thursday. I am still not sure whether the move is rational or not but I belive it is a good move in my career, working for the world biggest soverign fund.

Is there anyone working in Abu Dhabi Investment Authority here?
What is the culture within the organisation?
What salary should I set as benchmark to the headhunter( I have 5 years experience as a heavy quant and my degrees are from the very top uni in Britain)

How expensive is the lifestyle?
What are the benefits I should request( Car, house, etc...)
Please help, this is a life decision into an unknown world to me.

I am 35 with one kid and not married yet.
Concerning visa application, I have a French and British passport(any difference?)

Please help
Biggy
Old Nov 1st 2009, 4:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Job in Abu Dhabi Investment Authority

Originally Posted by Biggson
Hi All,
I am currently in London, being offered a Job in Abu Dhabi Investment Authority.

With a Mathematics PhD, I am currently a quantitative analyst in one of the banks in Canary Whraf (London). The head hunter sets up a final discussion with him on Thursday. I am still not sure whether the move is rational or not but I belive it is a good move in my career, working for the world biggest soverign fund.

What salary should I set as benchmark to the headhunter( I have 5 years experience as a heavy quant and my degrees are from the very top uni in Britain)

Concerning visa application, I have a French and British passport(any difference?)

Please help
Biggy

Dammit, if you hadn't named the company I would have been able to give you some very honest answers...

Anyway, shoot for the stars. ADIA will do you no harm.

Oh, and you need to get married.
Old Nov 1st 2009, 5:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: The city of many visions - and fast performance cars
weescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond repute

There are ADIA people posting on BE - I can give one a nudge to PM you.

As for the package and benefits, labour laws here state what has to be in there eg housing allowance, schooling et. It is all pretty standard - just how much is up for negotiation. ADIA also have some properties for staff if you don't want to look for your own. They will take care of your visa etc.

Yes, you do need to get married, especially if you have a child as you will run into difficutlies enrolling at school/getting healthcare/visas for partner and child if you are not married.

There are loads of other threads on lifestyle costs - do a wee search.
Old Nov 1st 2009, 6:47 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
Dammit, if you hadn't named the company I would have been able to give you some very honest answers...

Anyway, shoot for the stars. ADIA will do you no harm.

Oh, and you need to get married.
EmiratesMillhouse,
Please send me your email and phone number to <snip>.
I do seriously need help from you. I do need information in order to make the right decision and to negotiate well.
I was only approach last week and yet next week I need to decide.
Please get back to me.
Thanks
Biggy

Last edited by Bob; Nov 1st 2009 at 7:16 pm. Reason: so you don't get spammed and because your a new poster
Old Nov 1st 2009, 6:53 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by weescot
There are ADIA people posting on BE - I can give one a nudge to PM you.

As for the package and benefits, labour laws here state what has to be in there eg housing allowance, schooling et. It is all pretty standard - just how much is up for negotiation. ADIA also have some properties for staff if you don't want to look for your own. They will take care of your visa etc.

Yes, you do need to get married, especially if you have a child as you will run into difficutlies enrolling at school/getting healthcare/visas for partner and child if you are not married.

There are loads of other threads on lifestyle costs - do a wee search.
Hi Weescot,
Thanks for your reply, what does BE stand for.
I am desperatly in need of information.
Below is my email, please connect me eith the people in ADIA.
<snip>

Thanks
Biggy

Last edited by Bob; Nov 1st 2009 at 7:16 pm.
Old Nov 1st 2009, 7:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Desert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really nice

Hi All,

Please help
Biggy
Nothing less than 80,000 DHS a month. Accomodation is expensive and general cost of living in high. The move needs to be worthwhile. Dont undersell yourself.
Old Nov 1st 2009, 7:17 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Weescot,
Thanks for your reply, what does BE stand for.
I am desperatly in need of information.
Below is my email, please connect me eith the people in ADIA.
<snip>

Thanks
Biggy
BE= British Expats...errr...fairly obvious given the website...
Old Nov 1st 2009, 8:27 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Bob
BE= British Expats...errr...fairly obvious given the website...
Thanks all,
Do I need to separately negotiate the apartment or is it included in your suggested 80 K ?
Is there anyone working for Abu Dhabi Investment Authority in the room?

I only have 3 days to wrap up the deal.

Thanks for the initial thoughts.
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 4:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: The city of many visions - and fast performance cars
weescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond repute

I've sent you a PM (personal message)
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 5:05 am
Down and out

ctfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All,

ADIA is very much a McKinsey house so expect McKinsey type culture with a bit of Goldmans thrown in and corresponding salary. Your headhunter should give you a very good indication of package for your level - phone another one or two to validate it's the right range.
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 3:13 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ctfc
ADIA is very much a McKinsey house so expect McKinsey type culture with a bit of Goldmans thrown in and corresponding salary. Your headhunter should give you a very good indication of package for your level - phone another one or two to validate it's the right range.

Do you mean same salary in nominal terms but without income tax?
Please illuminate me further.

Thanks

Biggy
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 5:04 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, have just had a chuckle at the fact that a Quantitive Analyst seems unable to analyse his package....
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 6:52 am
Forum Regular

Mischief Queen is just really niceMischief Queen is just really niceMischief Queen is just really niceMischief Queen is just really niceMischief Queen is just really niceMischief Queen is just really niceMischief Queen is just really niceMischief Queen is just really niceMischief Queen is just really niceMischief Queen is just really niceMischief Queen is just really nice

They will provide you with the option of accommodation or allowance. Take the accommodation - current apts are a great location and have swimming pool, squash courts, parking etc (they will show you before you have to decide). The package will be good (more than fair imo). I was moved in and furnished (with furniture allowance) within 2 weeks of landing in AD... not possible with many companies here I can tell you!

I say go for it.
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 10:45 am
Just Joined

raoul654321 is an unknown quantity at this point

any one there working @ ADIA??

rgds

raoul
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 10:47 am
Just Joined

raoul654321 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by raoul654321
any one there working @ ADIA??

rgds

raoul
need to have some help on the salary

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.