Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-130 Filing in USA - Join in here!

I-130 Filing in USA - Join in here!

Old Feb 18th 2012, 2:15 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-130 Filing in USA - Join in here!

Yes - re-read post #728 in this thread.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by nica
I have no idea how to feel about any of this. Any ideas?
Old Feb 18th 2012, 4:08 pm
Just Joined

ReanaBanana is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm terribly jealous! How long did you ultimately have to wait?
from July 22nd 2011 until February 8th 2012, just shy of 7 months, roughly 214 days! Hope yours is approved soon! x
Old Feb 20th 2012, 2:12 am
Forum Regular

nica is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
These two go hand in hand... because all they know is what's on their monitor - and it's very highly unlikely that you spoke with anyone who has first hand knowledge of your case status. As you already know, the online system is highly unreliable, and you should never consult it.

I suggest the congressman's information was accurate - they will often have direct access to the people who make the decisions.

Ian
So since the online system is highly unreliable, then the only way I'll know for sure is when I get the NOA2 in the mail? Is that the general idea?
Old Feb 20th 2012, 3:08 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

So since the online system is highly unreliable, then the only way I'll know for sure is when I get the NOA2 in the mail? Is that the general idea?
Yes.

Rene
Old Feb 21st 2012, 2:23 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Or, when you get notice from the NVC that it has the approved petition and is ready for you to start on the visa application. I never did receive an Approval Notice for my petition for my wife, as well as the on-line status still saying the case is in Initial Processing. But it's much rarer to not receive a NOA than to not have the on-line status correct.

Regards, JEff

Old Feb 21st 2012, 9:30 pm
Forum Regular

Peaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nice

Finally a sensible update to the uscis processing times page - now quoting the last priority date for I130 that they processed was August 2 for CSC

Better than the blanket 5 months average that leads to false expectation.

Last edited by Peaksy; Feb 21st 2012 at 9:41 pm. Reason: Adding the relevant service center
Old Feb 22nd 2012, 7:21 pm
Forum Regular

nica is on a distinguished road

So you guys were absolutely right... the online system (and the phone system at USCIS) never updated, but I received the paper version of my NOA2 in the mail yesterday. Thank God. 218 days in the end... so just over 7 months.

I have no idea if contacting my senators/congressmen helped. It did turn out that my petition was approved within about two weeks of them calling USCIS... but of course that could just be coincidence. At the very least, they had up-to-date info before I did.

What an enormous relief.
Old Feb 22nd 2012, 7:30 pm

"the paper version" is the only version. Nothing else is a Notice of Action.

Congratulations.

Regards, JEff

I received the paper version of my NOA2 in the mail yesterday.
Old Feb 24th 2012, 7:44 am
Just Joined

Sanddancer is on a distinguished road

Hi all. Congratulations Nica. Well after 192 days i also received my NOA2 (well not hard copy yet).

I know it goes to NVC and we need to get a case number but in order to get that do we phone them (hoping they have put it into the system) and give our USCIS receipt number? Just bit puzzled what information they require to know what case file to look at.

Thanks
Old Feb 24th 2012, 10:15 am
Forum Regular

pitymetorockypoint is on a distinguished road

Just out curiosity, are all you fellow filers expecting to be approved without any problems, or are there any of you think you may be required to file an extreme hardhip waiver?
Old Feb 24th 2012, 1:29 pm

The NVC will notify the petitioner and the visa applicant (the beneficiary of the petition) when it receives the approved petition from USCIS.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by Sanddancer
I know it goes to NVC and we need to get a case number but in order to get that do we phone them (hoping they have put it into the system) and give our USCIS receipt number? Just bit puzzled what information they require to know what case file to look at.
Old Feb 24th 2012, 1:31 pm
Just Joined

Sanddancer is on a distinguished road

Jeff,

Thank you for the clarification. Do you know whether this will by mail, email or text?

Stephen
Old Feb 24th 2012, 3:06 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pitymetorockypoint
Just out curiosity, are all you fellow filers expecting to be approved without any problems, or are there any of you think you may be required to file an extreme hardhip waiver?
I'd say the people in this thread are expecting to get approved.

If someone has a case where they need an extreme hardship waiver, they will have posted a new thread specificially discussing that, as it's not too common.

Rene
Old Feb 25th 2012, 5:16 pm

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigra...ml#beneficiary

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by Sanddancer
Thank you for the clarification. Do you know whether this will by mail, email or text?
Old Feb 26th 2012, 2:36 pm
Just Joined

Malamutt is just really niceMalamutt is just really niceMalamutt is just really niceMalamutt is just really niceMalamutt is just really niceMalamutt is just really niceMalamutt is just really niceMalamutt is just really nice

They have our paperwork on their desk at last, they have asked us both to fill in a form (G-325a) and we should hear soon after if it's a yes or no.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.