Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-130 Filing in USA - Join in here!

I-130 Filing in USA - Join in here!

Old Jun 15th 2012, 6:36 pm
Forum Regular

sallydom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I-130 Filing in USA - Join in here!

Originally Posted by redarmy990
hey sally
passed my interview yesterday

the police certificate costs £20 i think it was. and is needed for medical and interview.
it has to be submitted to nvc. i suggest you order yours they last for 1 year.

Congrats , when you hoping to go ?
Old Jun 15th 2012, 7:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

redarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of light

as soon as i get my visa and passport back

just a 1991 bmw to either sell or take to scrap yard then away i go
Old Jun 15th 2012, 8:21 pm
Forum Regular

sallydom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by redarmy990
as soon as i get my visa and passport back

just a 1991 bmw to either sell or take to scrap yard then away i go

My car is the one thing I need to sell SOON , Good luck with everything and your new life
Old Jun 17th 2012, 1:21 am
Forum Regular

optomisticgirl is just really niceoptomisticgirl is just really niceoptomisticgirl is just really niceoptomisticgirl is just really niceoptomisticgirl is just really niceoptomisticgirl is just really niceoptomisticgirl is just really niceoptomisticgirl is just really niceoptomisticgirl is just really niceoptomisticgirl is just really niceoptomisticgirl is just really nice

How long did it take anyone's package to get to the lock box? I mailed ours out on the 12th via certified mail with return receipt requested and nadda thus far. Maybe I'm just to anxious.
Old Jun 17th 2012, 2:10 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by optomisticgirl
How long did it take anyone's package to get to the lock box? I mailed ours out on the 12th via certified mail with return receipt requested and nadda thus far. Maybe I'm just to anxious.
You tracked the package and it doesn't say it's been delivered yet?

Rene
Old Jun 17th 2012, 2:25 am
Forum Regular

optomisticgirl is just really niceoptomisticgirl is just really niceoptomisticgirl is just really niceoptomisticgirl is just really niceoptomisticgirl is just really niceoptomisticgirl is just really niceoptomisticgirl is just really niceoptomisticgirl is just really niceoptomisticgirl is just really niceoptomisticgirl is just really niceoptomisticgirl is just really nice

Originally Posted by Noorah101
You tracked the package and it doesn't say it's been delivered yet?

Rene
I haven't tracked it yet. My cat decided to have a running start on the papers were I had put the little stub the post office gave me and haven't found it yet.
Old Jun 17th 2012, 2:36 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't tracked it yet. My cat decided to have a running start on the papers were I had put the little stub the post office gave me and haven't found it yet.
My guess is that it's been delivered. It takes a long time to get the "return receipt" back in the mail.

Rene
Old Jun 17th 2012, 2:42 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
My guess is that it's been delivered. It takes a long time to get the "return receipt" back in the mail.

Rene
When will they send out an email or text if you filled out a G-1145? when/if the I-130 is approved?
Old Jun 17th 2012, 2:48 am

When will they send out an email or text if you filled out a G-1145? when/if the I-130 is approved?
Yes. Or maybe if you receive an RFE.

Rene
Old Jun 17th 2012, 2:52 am
Forum Regular

^ Ah! I just found the little stub - huzzah! And yes, you were right Noorah, it was delivered yesterday - ironically enough on our 8th month wedding anniversary.
Old Jun 18th 2012, 5:54 pm
Forum Regular

auntieginzy is an unknown quantity at this point

OK, we have our medical this week in London. The application for visa has just arrived at the NVC in the USA. How long is it likely to take before we get an interview date?
Old Jun 18th 2012, 6:09 pm

Originally Posted by auntieginzy
OK, we have our medical this week in London. The application for visa has just arrived at the NVC in the USA. How long is it likely to take before we get an interview date?
I would estimate another 4 to 6 weeks.

Rene

Last edited by Noorah101; Jun 18th 2012 at 6:11 pm.
Old Jun 18th 2012, 6:18 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Noorah - oooh it has seemed a long time!
Old Jun 24th 2012, 9:10 am
Forum Regular

OK, last week we went for our medical in London. Thought I would post about it so it might help others.
We had everything we needed (document wise) with us which we handed in at reception:
  • Called for blood test (to detect syphilis apparently), weighed, height measured and blood pressure taken.
  • Called to another room for chest x-ray (to detect TB)
  • Called to the doctor. She discussed our medical histories with us. Then, looked in our eyes, mouth and ears.
  • She listened to our chests, front and back.
  • She felt our stomachs
  • She felt my breasts and when my husband went in she checked his 'bits' and asked him to cough
We were both asked to go back to the waiting room.
Then we were taken to another room for our inoculation checks. I needed a tetanus one and my husband needed one for tetanus and pneumonia (because he is 65)
Then we were told that we both needed a fax from our GP to tell them about various medical issues we had but they did make clear that this would in no way prevent us from emigrating.
We were also told that if there was a problem we would be contacted by Monday which was 4 days away and if we wanted we could ring them.

The really painful bit of course was the payment!!
Old Jun 24th 2012, 9:41 am
BE Enthusiast

redarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of light

the payment is always the worst bit

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.