Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-130 Filing in USA - Join in here!

I-130 Filing in USA - Join in here!

Old Apr 1st 2012, 2:30 pm
Forum Regular

Peaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nice
Default Re: I-130 Filing in USA - Join in here!

Mate, not sure of your wife's congressman there, by my mrs filed with hers in Alexandria and he got it approved within a day of calling...

Should add that we were at the end of our 5 month wait at the time of filing and it wont be the same for everyone...

Last edited by Peaksy; Apr 1st 2012 at 2:32 pm.
Old Apr 1st 2012, 4:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

redarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Peaksy
Mate, not sure of your wife's congressman there, by my mrs filed with hers in Alexandria and he got it approved within a day of calling...

Should add that we were at the end of our 5 month wait at the time of filing and it wont be the same for everyone...
my wife got a letter from her congressman on saturday saying they have expediated our case and we should have a i130 decision in 7-10 days

heres hoping for the right decision
Old Apr 1st 2012, 6:03 pm
Forum Regular

nica is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by redarmy990
my wife got a letter from her congressman on saturday saying they have expediated our case and we should have a i130 decision in 7-10 days

heres hoping for the right decision
Yeah, calling my congressman/senators worked well for me at the I-130 stage, too. I wish someone on this forum had suggested it to me before I waited 7 months, rather than just telling me to stop worrying.
Old Apr 1st 2012, 6:07 pm
Forum Regular

Peaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nice

Yeah, I think the key here is as soon as you are passed the advertised timeframe for I130 applications the petitioner should be straight onto the congress person.
Old Apr 1st 2012, 6:19 pm
Forum Regular

nica is on a distinguished road

Yeah, I think the key here is as soon as you are passed the advertised timeframe for I130 applications the petitioner should be straight onto the congress person.
I only found that out over at the visajourney forum. I was originally avoiding it because they don't have tons of UK-specific info, but from USCIS through the NVC stage it doesn't really matter anyway. It turns out they seem to have a better understanding of some of the shortcuts in the process, in addition to having more tact and empathy.
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 10:40 am
BE Enthusiast

redarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of light

hi guys.
hope one of you can help.
on a cr-1 who scheduales the interview. the nvc or the us embassy london.

also at what stage do you receive your LND number.

for peaksy and nica, have you schedualed your medicals yet,im just guessing you have your LND numbers.

also i bet you guys arent happy that the price has been slashed for the iv by $174

but the end goal is all that counts
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 12:30 pm
Forum Regular

Hi mate,

The NVC schedules the interview with the embassy in London once it's case complete.

Dependant on how keenly you call the NVC for your case number it can be take days or weeks till you receive you LND number- mine took two weeks (I think without checking my timeline).

I'm case complete at the NVC now and awaiting interview date - which is officially scheduled during the first two weeks on the month- so depending on timing you could be waiting for a max of 4 weeks (in theory) to get your date.

I haven't booked my medical yet as waiting for interview date- which is predicted to be in may. Currently there is only a 4 day lead time between calling for your medical appointment and attending Knightsbridge- so I'm happy to wait a little and have it done when I know my file is already at the embassy.

Hope that helps!

Last edited by Peaksy; Apr 2nd 2012 at 12:32 pm.
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 2:43 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

It depends on where the I-130 petition was filed. But in any case it is not scheduled by the embassy, if not the NVC it would be the Immigrant Visa Unit of the Consular section.
on a cr-1 who scheduales the interview. the nvc or the us embassy london.
When the Department of State receives an approved petition from USCIS.
also at what stage do you receive your LND number.
Regards, JEff
Old Apr 3rd 2012, 1:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

OMG i130 approved yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

sorry for the ecstasy
Old Apr 3rd 2012, 1:49 pm
Forum Regular

Hahaha congrats! Now go drink some beers.
Old Apr 3rd 2012, 2:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

im out of work at moment. i have to go to job centre at 4.
mind you i would blend in with everyone else.
Old Apr 5th 2012, 8:59 pm
Forum Regular

Just now received the official comms on the date of interview in London. Exciting!
Old Apr 6th 2012, 9:04 am
Forum Regular

sallydom is an unknown quantity at this point

OMG i130 approved yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

sorry for the ecstasy

SO GOOD TO HEAR SOME FANTASTIC NEWS
A Glimmer of hope for us, we filed a month after you so hoping that will get approved within a month
Old Apr 6th 2012, 9:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Just now received the official comms on the date of interview in London. Exciting!
congrats peaksy. you could be in virginia by the 20th. ahhhhhhhhhhhhh wish it was me.

Old Apr 6th 2012, 9:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sallydom
SO GOOD TO HEAR SOME FANTASTIC NEWS
A Glimmer of hope for us, we filed a month after you so hoping that will get approved within a month
hi sally dom. if you read some of my earlier posts. write to your congress man a few days before your 5 month date is up and ask them to call uscis.

my wifes got us moved forward a little. the uscis seem to listen and actually apologised,saying there behind due to so many been sent there instead of vermont.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.