Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Express k3/k1 visa service

Wikiposts

Express k3/k1 visa service

Old May 27th 2004, 7:48 am
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Express k3/k1 visa service

Originally posted by Hypertweeky
Hey there Mathew

That was a very good point
If a case is not straight forward or don't want to screw it up Hiring an attorney is very well spent money, but from there to the premium service that was initially suggested.. there is a BIG difference
May I ask what do you think about this whole "premium processing" suggestion??
Thanks!
I think the "expedite" procedure works well, and does not cost anything. (And for some reason, I find myself thinking of my old law school buddy, Rod. I used to tell Rod that as far as I can tell, he does not have a prejudiced bone in his body and does not discriminate against anyone.... he hates all groups equally:-).

Maybe they should instead process attorney-represented cases first ;-) (Ducking for cover!!!).

Last edited by Matthew Udall; May 27th 2004 at 7:53 am.
Old May 27th 2004, 8:09 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Matt,

Good point.

Also, I wonder how the people who say they would pay $1,000 extra to go to the head of the line would feel when they get an RFE and wind up losing the time savings that they just paid a big premium for....

Regards, JEff

Originally posted by Matthew Udall
.... Funny how people would gladly pay 1K or more to get their case moved in front of their neighbors (who filed before they did) however if someone suggests they might want to hire an attorney to make sure the job is done correctly at the outset (for under 1K) other DIY'ers scoff at that idea.
Old May 27th 2004, 8:15 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Matthew Udall
I think the "expedite" procedure works well, and does not cost anything. (And for some reason, I find myself thinking of my old law school buddy, Rod. I used to tell Rod that as far as I can tell, he does not have a prejudiced bone in his body and does not discriminate against anyone.... he hates all groups equally:-).

Maybe they should instead process attorney-represented cases first ;-) (Ducking for cover!!!).

Hide under my smileys
Old May 27th 2004, 8:17 am

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by jeffreyhy
Matt,

Good point.

Also, I wonder how the people who say they would pay $1,000 extra to go to the head of the line would feel when they get an RFE and wind up losing the time savings that they just paid a big premium for....

Regards, JEff
Exactly!! premium processing does not guarantee RFE's free!!!
Wow that was a good one Jeff!!
Old May 27th 2004, 2:32 pm
zeo
BE Enthusiast

zeo is an unknown quantity at this point

That is true.. but you can't compare MSC's work system with VSC, CSC,NSC,TSC or NVC
They handle different types and volumes of applications.
wtf! never compared them to the other service centers, and btw you need to chillout. LOL!
Old May 27th 2004, 3:02 pm

Originally posted by zeo
wtf! never compared them to the other service centers, and btw you need to chillout. LOL!

Well you asked why some I-129's were approved in 2 months and other had to wait 5 months.
I-129's are also for fiancees that is why I made the comparison about the other service centers.
On September of last year MSC slowed down and picked up on December. All the people with NOA1's closed to mine got approved around the same time.
I know you are fustrated because MSC has slowed down, has anyone with your same NOA1 (or close to it) has got approved before you?.
I am not saying that MSC is fast but I don't know anyone that has waited over 110 days for approval (except for those who got a RFE.. but that is a different story)
As for chilling out.. I am very calmed Zeo
Old May 28th 2004, 3:03 am
zeo
BE Enthusiast

Well you asked why some I-129's were approved in 2 months and other had to wait 5 months.
I-129's are also for fiancees that is why I made the comparison about the other service centers.
On September of last year MSC slowed down and picked up on December. All the people with NOA1's closed to mine got approved around the same time.
I know you are fustrated because MSC has slowed down, has anyone with your same NOA1 (or close to it) has got approved before you?.
I am not saying that MSC is fast but I don't know anyone that has waited over 110 days for approval (except for those who got a RFE.. but that is a different story)
As for chilling out.. I am very calmed Zeo
My NOA1 was on 3/30/04, I probably do not need to worry until my 90 days by 6/30/04.

As far as this whole premium stuff goes, you guys may think its discrimination but thats your opinion and I still stand firm on the premium processing. Let say the premium processing cost 100,00 dollars for a k3 visa and it would be processed within 15-30 days. Sure I would feel discriminated against and even if it were 1000 dollars I would feel discriminated against if I could not afford that. But my point is that this world is NOT fair and many government services are having the premium processing idea in place. Ideally yes it would be nice if everyone had to wait the same amount of time, but unfortunately right now people are not waiting the same time with the USCIS For example some people get RFEs and some wait an extra 4 months while some wait 1 or 2 months.

But people you need to look at the average middle income of people within the USA. I think you even have to prove to the USCIS you make enough money to support your spouse you will be sponsoring. SO perhaps 500 dollars might be a reasonable charge for a k3 visa to be premium processed.
Old May 28th 2004, 7:00 am

Originally posted by zeo
My NOA1 was on 3/30/04, I probably do not need to worry until my 90 days by 6/30/04.

As far as this whole premium stuff goes, you guys may think its discrimination but thats your opinion and I still stand firm on the premium processing. Let say the premium processing cost 100,00 dollars for a k3 visa and it would be processed within 15-30 days. Sure I would feel discriminated against and even if it were 1000 dollars I would feel discriminated against if I could not afford that. But my point is that this world is NOT fair and many government services are having the premium processing idea in place. Ideally yes it would be nice if everyone had to wait the same amount of time, but unfortunately right now people are not waiting the same time with the USCIS For example some people get RFEs and some wait an extra 4 months while some wait 1 or 2 months.

But people you need to look at the average middle income of people within the USA. I think you even have to prove to the USCIS you make enough money to support your spouse you will be sponsoring. SO perhaps 500 dollars might be a reasonable charge for a k3 visa to be premium processed.

I don't agree with the premium services but I have been thru the K3 process, I know exactly how you feel.
I hope you get approved soon
Have a nice weekend!!
Old May 28th 2004, 8:26 am
Forum Regular

Gigiola has a brilliant futureGigiola has a brilliant futureGigiola has a brilliant futureGigiola has a brilliant futureGigiola has a brilliant futureGigiola has a brilliant futureGigiola has a brilliant future

Echo, DCMark. And I'm one who could pay.
Old May 28th 2004, 10:29 am
zeo
BE Enthusiast

I don't agree with the premium services but I have been thru the K3 process, I know exactly how you feel.
I hope you get approved soon
Have a nice weekend!!
I guess we can agree to disagree, thanks you also have a nice weekend! another lonely weekend without my wife Its so sad!
Old May 28th 2004, 10:42 am

Originally posted by zeo
I guess we can agree to disagree, thanks you also have a nice weekend! another lonely weekend without my wife Its so sad!
As of today You have been waiting for 58 days right?
I got approved in 72.. so cheer up!! You are half way there!!
Try to keep yourself busy.. that will keep you sane (I did it and It worked!! so try! )
Take care and if you need to vent.. I am all ears
Old May 28th 2004, 1:14 pm
zeo
BE Enthusiast

As of today You have been waiting for 58 days right?
I got approved in 72.. so cheer up!! You are half way there!!
Try to keep yourself busy.. that will keep you sane (I did it and It worked!! so try! )
Take care and if you need to vent.. I am all ears
thanks and may GOD BLESS YOU! Actually I spend time with friends on the weekend but I would rather be with my wife!

Weekdays fly by since I am busy with work but the weekends suck because I should be with my wife having a good time.

I guess it will be 60 days on May 30th. I guess I should expect a 120 day wait by July 30th for NOA2, but it would be nicer if it was by June 30th for my NOA2.
Old May 28th 2004, 7:25 pm
J Moreno

zeo <member22103@british_expats.com> wrote:

> Sure I would feel discriminated against and even if it were 1000
    > dollars I would feel discriminated against if I could not afford
    > that. But my point is that this world is NOT fair and many government
    > services are having the premium processing idea in place.

Actually very few government services have premium service in place,
and in general it's a bad idea.

And in this particular case, what should happen is that the K1 and K3
Visa's should be eliminated.

It should be that if you show up at the POE with a valid marriage
certificate and a USC, they let you right in, conditional residency as
long as you are living with spouse, no if, ands, or buts as long as the
marriage would be valid in the US. EAD and everything else could be
worked out afterwords, because while marriage to a USC shouldn't
guarantee you citizenship or the right to work here, it should
guarantee you the right to be with your loved one.

--
J. Moreno

Old May 28th 2004, 7:29 pm
Mrtravelkay

J Moreno wrote:

> zeo <member22103@british_expats.com> wrote:
    >
    >
    >>Sure I would feel discriminated against and even if it were 1000
    >>dollars I would feel discriminated against if I could not afford
    >>that. But my point is that this world is NOT fair and many government
    >>services are having the premium processing idea in place.
    >
    >
    > Actually very few government services have premium service in place,
    > and in general it's a bad idea.
    >
    > And in this particular case, what should happen is that the K1 and K3
    > Visa's should be eliminated.
    >
    > It should be that if you show up at the POE with a valid marriage
    > certificate and a USC, they let you right in, conditional residency as
    > long as you are living with spouse, no if, ands, or buts as long as the
    > marriage would be valid in the US.

I disagree. I think there should be some checks for immigration.
The checks take far too long, but I believe there should be checks for
security, criminal record, and a determination regarding the possibility
that the immigrant will be a burden to taxayers.

Old May 28th 2004, 10:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

CalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really nice

I think I might agree with scrapping the K1/K3, although not to the extent of people being allowed in no questions asked. From what I can tell, the scrutiny of a K3/K1 petition is not very different from that of an I-130: police checks, etc. Which begs the question why an I-130 can take many years, and a K-3 a few months. If anything, K-3s and K-1s have simply duplicated workload.

The EAD requirement for K1s and K-3s should be scrapped altogether. There is no national security interest served by it, and since K-1s and K-3s are entitled to an EAD as long as they are in status, the EAD is superflous makework.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.