Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Express k3/k1 visa service

Wikiposts

Express k3/k1 visa service

Old May 29th 2004, 12:55 am
Howling at the Moon

lairdside will become famous soon enoughlairdside will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Express k3/k1 visa service

Originally posted by CalgaryAMC
I think I might agree with scrapping the K1/K3, although not to the extent of people being allowed in no questions asked. From what I can tell, the scrutiny of a K3/K1 petition is not very different from that of an I-130: police checks, etc. Which begs the question why an I-130 can take many years, and a K-3 a few months. If anything, K-3s and K-1s have simply duplicated workload.

The EAD requirement for K1s and K-3s should be scrapped altogether. There is no national security interest served by it, and since K-1s and K-3s are entitled to an EAD as long as they are in status, the EAD is superflous makework.
How does a K-1 duplicate the workload for I-130's?

A K-1 is filed for with an I-129F and does not have an underlying I-130. In fact, an I-130 is never filed to adjust after the marriage, just an I-485.
Old May 29th 2004, 3:00 am
BE Forum Addict

CalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really nice

Originally posted by lairdside
How does a K-1 duplicate the workload for I-130's?

A K-1 is filed for with an I-129F and does not have an underlying I-130. In fact, an I-130 is never filed to adjust after the marriage, just an I-485.
Yes you're right, not applicable to the K-1. Although I would have thought there would be a more efficient way of tying together the data collected for the K-1 with the requirements for the I-485, so the whole workload would not have to be duplicated.
Old May 29th 2004, 3:07 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

But it will be all good for the future...by 2006 all cases will be dealt with in 6 months....Repeat after me ...I BELIEVE..I BELIEVE
Old May 30th 2004, 2:47 pm
J Moreno

mrtravelkay <[email protected]> wrote:

> J Moreno wrote
-snip-
    > > It should be that if you show up at the POE with a valid marriage
    > > certificate and a USC, they let you right in, conditional residency as
    > > long as you are living with spouse, no if, ands, or buts as long as the
    > > marriage would be valid in the US.
    >
    > I disagree. I think there should be some checks for immigration.
    > The checks take far too long, but I believe there should be checks for
    > security, criminal record, and a determination regarding the possibility
    > that the immigrant will be a burden to taxayers.

Why? Burden upon taxpayers -- deport. Criminal activity once they are
here, ditto. And do you seriously believe they are going to uncover a
terrorist plot via a security check?

--
J. Moreno

Old Jun 1st 2004, 2:45 am
BE Enthusiast

utopiacowboy is a jewel in the roughutopiacowboy is a jewel in the roughutopiacowboy is a jewel in the roughutopiacowboy is a jewel in the roughutopiacowboy is a jewel in the rough

I completely agree with you. A lot of the paperwork that they are always complaining about is stuff they generate themselves. And with all the babble about "national security" I have to say that looking at my wife's experience, this is a complete joke.

I think I might agree with scrapping the K1/K3, although not to the extent of people being allowed in no questions asked. From what I can tell, the scrutiny of a K3/K1 petition is not very different from that of an I-130: police checks, etc. Which begs the question why an I-130 can take many years, and a K-3 a few months. If anything, K-3s and K-1s have simply duplicated workload.

The EAD requirement for K1s and K-3s should be scrapped altogether. There is no national security interest served by it, and since K-1s and K-3s are entitled to an EAD as long as they are in status, the EAD is superflous makework.
Old Jun 1st 2004, 2:54 am
BE Forum Addict

lpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond repute

Exactly, they are relying on computer technology for security checks and yet we still must repeatedly resumit the same information over and over? Seems they could transfer some of that technology to the process itself.

Originally posted by utopiacowboy
I completely agree with you. A lot of the paperwork that they are always complaining about is stuff they generate themselves. And with all the babble about "national security" I have to say that looking at my wife's experience, this is a complete joke.
Old Jun 1st 2004, 3:13 am
Banned

Ranjini will become famous soon enough

One reason I can think of why they wouldn't scrap the EAD. Loss of revenue to USCIS
I don't know how it works these days but the only reason I applied for an EAD initially, was to get my SSN immediately. Which was within one month of entering the US, in my case. At that time, we had walk-in filing of AOS at our District office with EADs issued the same day. Crazy isn't it? I Never used the EAD to work....
Old Jun 1st 2004, 3:48 am
BE Forum Addict

lpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond repute

Which; I believe, is the whole reason for the rash of making DCF for non residents unavailable. Money!

Originally posted by Ranjini
One reason I can think of why they wouldn't scrap the EAD. Loss of revenue to USCIS
I don't know how it works these days but the only reason I applied for an EAD initially, was to get my SSN immediately. Which was within one month of entering the US, in my case. At that time, we had walk-in filing of AOS at our District office with EADs issued the same day. Crazy isn't it? I Never used the EAD to work....
Old Jun 1st 2004, 4:36 am
Banned

Ranjini will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Ranjini
<snip>but the only reason I applied for an EAD initially, was to get my SSN immediately...
I should amend that statement. May seem like an expensive way to get an SSN However, It was a good part of the reason. I did play with the idea of working initially. Would still like to-- miss having my own hard-earned money in my pocket Unfortunately, did not put in the effort required to actually look for a job. Felt I was more needed at home.....
Old Jun 1st 2004, 9:02 am
BE Enthusiast

utopiacowboy is a jewel in the roughutopiacowboy is a jewel in the roughutopiacowboy is a jewel in the roughutopiacowboy is a jewel in the roughutopiacowboy is a jewel in the rough

We have decided to deprive them of as much money as we can by NOT applying for AOS or EAD and just waiting for the I-130 to be approved. Gina can then go home to Colombia for a visit and get her green card and reenter the US. By then we will have been married 2 years so she won't have a conditional residency. Should be enough money saved in application fees to pay for the trip to Colombia. That's the theory anyway.

Originally posted by lpdiver
Which; I believe, is the whole reason for the rash of making DCF for non residents unavailable. Money!
Old Jun 1st 2004, 10:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Hate to rain on your parade but I bet they approve it in less than two years. They are on track to approve mine in 21 months...

Good Luck ,
Anthony & Angela

We have decided to deprive them of as much money as we can by NOT applying for AOS or EAD and just waiting for the I-130 to be approved. Gina can then go home to Colombia for a visit and get her green card and reenter the US. By then we will have been married 2 years so she won't have a conditional residency. Should be enough money saved in application fees to pay for the trip to Colombia. That's the theory anyway.
Old Jun 1st 2004, 10:53 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Hate to rain on your parade but I bet they approve it in less than two years. They are on track to approve mine in 21 months...

Good Luck ,
Anthony & Angela
Where is your I-130?
Mine is in NSC
Old Jun 1st 2004, 10:58 am
BE Enthusiast

It's going to be close but I think we can drag out the processing time especially with the NVC and the embassy in Bogota. They give you a lot of time to return the various forms (I-864 etc). We have already been married 8 months and it looks like another year or so of wait time with the TSC.

Good Luck ,
Anthony & Angela
Old Jun 1st 2004, 11:03 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

It's going to be close but I think we can drag out the processing time especially with the NVC and the embassy in Bogota. They give you a lot of time to return the various forms (I-864 etc). We have already been married 8 months and it looks like another year or so of wait time with the TSC.

NSC is currently working on applications received on August 2002... So that gives you an idea on how long I am gonna have to wait. My NOA1 is Sept 29, 2003.. arg!!!
Good Luck!
Old Jun 1st 2004, 11:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Just keep repeating after me - "no I-751", "no I-751"....... After a while it sounds like "No hay 751". Podemos estar optimistas!

Originally posted by Hypertweeky
NSC is currently working on applications received on August 2002... So that gives you an idea on how long I am gonna have to wait. My NOA1 is Sept 29, 2003.. arg!!!
Good Luck!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.