Wikiposts

Express k3/k1 visa service

Old May 26th 2004, 7:40 am
zeo
BE Enthusiast

zeo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Express k3/k1 visa service

Originally posted by CalgaryAMC
Apart from the expidited service on passports, can you think of any other government benefit where a form of premium processing is available? I have been trying to think of one that would provide a comparable precedent, but I am reaching a blank.
I-129 1000 US Dollars as posted before
Old May 26th 2004, 7:42 am
zeo
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Mrtravelkay
kud wrote:

> Originally posted by zeo
    >
    >>I was thinking to pay 1000 US
    >
    > Dollars, you think thats too much?
    >
    > That is what employers pay
    > for premium processing. I think Individuals should only pay half. $500
    >

Why?
Why not! You like to be alone without your wife?
Old May 26th 2004, 7:43 am
zeo
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Mrtravelkay
zeo wrote:

> Originally posted by DCMark
    >
    >>Yes it is. They do not
    >
    > have that choice so its discriminatory. No matter what is said, it will
    > divert resources from normal processing. They will not use the extra
    > funds to hire more people.
    >
    >>So do you think $10,000 is fair or not?
    >
    >
    > 10,000 is outrageous! and your not correct!!! Anyone is always
    > welcome to take a loan, have your ever heard of a loan?

Will the government be doing the lending?
I never said the government will do any lending, i am just proposing an idea.
Old May 26th 2004, 7:45 am
zeo
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Hypertweeky
I agree with you on this one DcMark, just because one can't afford to pay that amount (You don't have to be neccesarily poor for not being able to afford 1000 $ for premium processing) doesn't have to be discriminated. In my opinion this would cause more problems.
Money isn't everything honey...
your not discriminating against anyone.
Old May 26th 2004, 7:46 am
BE Forum Addict

lpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond repute

Why is first in first out absurd...this is how our society in general works?

Originally posted by jeffreyhy
Of course it's not happening now, it's an absurd proposition to have a pure first-in first-out system where the whole queue waits for the 1st person to be approved (or refused) before going on to the next person.

Even if each case was a 'slam dunk' such a on-at-a-time approach would mean an endless line because people could queue up faster than their petitions could be adjudicated. Any 'problem case', whatever the problem, would bring everything to a halt.

Regards, JEff
Old May 26th 2004, 7:47 am
zeo
BE Enthusiast

Well Zeo.. that is outrageous to you, but what about those who can actually afford it?, so let's say that 10000 is what you'll have to pay for premium processing, won't you feel discriminated because others can afford it and you can't??
yes i would feel bad if i could not afford 10,00 us dollars but i can still pay the normal fees, just like the mail service, i can pay 29 cents or about 20 to 25 dollars for overnight express mail. either way the work WILL get done.
Old May 26th 2004, 7:51 am
zeo
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by DCMark
But to a poor person 1,000 may well be 1 million. They cannot afford it.

How am I a hypocrite? You are since your acceptable price for premium pricing is exactly what YOU can afford. Anything more is outrageous. Life on your terms, eh?
look my point is that the premium price should not be outrageous. You can buy a bus ticket for 50 dollars to city X and you can pay 1000 dollars to the same city on a flight both fees will get you there don't they?
Old May 26th 2004, 7:53 am
zeo
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by DCMark
But to a poor person 1,000 may well be 1 million. They cannot afford it.

How am I a hypocrite? You are since your acceptable price for premium pricing is exactly what YOU can afford. Anything more is outrageous. Life on your terms, eh?
life is not on my terms, but have you ever heard of mean or average income? Based on middle income households 1000 should be afforable for an premium service.
Old May 26th 2004, 7:55 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by zeo
your a hypocrite again! you said 10,000 us dollars before and now your saying 100,000 US dollars, lol! Make up your mind will you!
The amount is irrelevant!! You might think 1,000 $ is a fair amount.. because you HAVE the money.. but will that be a fair amount for someone that doesn't have it?
100,000 to me and you is a lot of money.. but it isn't for someone who is wealthier!!
The person who has this kind of money could easily tell you.. I am sorry but since I am welthier than you I can afford premium processing. How would that make you feel?
What I am trying to say is that the so famous called "Fair" amount is VERY relative, It varies from person to person!!

Last edited by Hypertweeky; May 26th 2004 at 7:57 am.
Old May 26th 2004, 7:56 am
BE Forum Addict

lpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond repute

A bus company and an airline company are private enterprizes. Cis is a government funded entity. Lets go private with the fire department and charge someone $100,00.00 to respond to a fire.

Originally posted by zeo
look my point is that the premium price should not be outrageous. You can buy a bus ticket for 50 dollars to city X and you can pay 1000 dollars to the same city on a flight both fees will get you there don't they?
Old May 26th 2004, 7:58 am
zeo
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by lpdiver
Why is first in first out absurd...this is how our society in general works?
good point, but you need to look at the average middle income and come up with a rate based on that.
Old May 26th 2004, 7:59 am

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by lpdiver
A bus company and an airline company are private enterprizes. Cis is a government funded entity. Lets go private with the fire department and charge someone $100,00.00 to respond to a fire.
Yeah let's do that!!
You can't compare apples with oranges...
Wanna privatize the goverment too??
Old May 26th 2004, 8:07 am

Originally posted by zeo
good point, but you need to look at the average middle income and come up with a rate based on that.

Ok.. so let's say that I make 500.00 a year, you make 100,000 a year, lp 25,000 a year.. therefor we would say that the average is.. 41,833.33 right?, How is that possible if lp and I make less than that?...
Old May 26th 2004, 8:08 am
BE Forum Addict

DCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really nice

Originally posted by zeo
your a hypocrite again! you said 10,000 us dollars before and now your saying 100,000 US dollars, lol! Make up your mind will you!
Do you even know the definition of the word hypocrite? It has nothing to do with changing the dollar value in a hypothetical example, ok?

You still avoid the issue, that you feel 1000 is reasonable but 10,000 is not. You clearly can pay 1000 so that is reasonable to you. To me that defines hypocritical thinking.

I know you want to be with your loved one and I respect that. Its just very dangerous when we begin to favor one group over the other.
Old May 26th 2004, 8:08 am
kud
BE Enthusiast

kud is an unknown quantity at this point

Wanna privatize the goverment too??
If it works better why not?

How about premium processing on a sliding scale. The more you make the more it costs?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.