Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Details About Husband's K3 Interview

Wikiposts

Details About Husband's K3 Interview

Old Dec 10th 2003, 8:25 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Details About Husband's K3 Interview

He really did think she was unduly rude, impatient, and snippy. It was uncalled for. I think she must get a kick out of feeling very superior to the people she interviewing. I was glad to hear that my husband wouldn't speak to her in French. (He could have he just didn't want to.) For some reason that made me feel very proud of him.

Originally posted by utopiacowboy
Reading the posts on this board every day, it really makes my blood boil when I see how the consulate staff and USCIS people treat both the aliens and the American citizens (WHO PAY THEIR SALARIES!). An American can marry another American and no one gives a rat's whatever what their motives are or who's older than who or who can speak the other's language or any of it. My wife could care less about coming to the United States, she always imagined living her whole life in Colombia. And to tell you the truth, if the situation were different in Colombia, I wouldn't even bother with this. I would just live with her in Colombia the rest of my life.
Old Dec 10th 2003, 8:26 am
jingling

jcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Hebapotamus42
How about this: Hay veinte gatos en un autobus. El autobus hace un acidente. Todos los gatos estan muertos.
Poor cats!

oops...are gatos cats?
Old Dec 10th 2003, 8:27 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Noorah101
LOL...he should have brought the shower, and doused her with it when she wouldn't look him in the eye :-)))
I have to second that!!!!!!
Old Dec 10th 2003, 8:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Karen D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud of

Originally posted by Leslie66
He really did think she was unduly rude, impatient, and snippy. It was uncalled for. I think she must get a kick out of feeling very superior to the people she interviewing. I was glad to hear that my husband wouldn't speak to her in French. (He could have he just didn't want to.) For some reason that made me feel very proud of him.
So you should be!! I was proud of him when I read that!
Old Dec 10th 2003, 8:29 am

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

How about this: Hay veinte gatos en un autobus. El autobus hace un acidente. Todos los gatos estan muertos.
Lol I would say " El autobus tiene un accidente", BUT HEY GOOD JOB!!!!!!!... Why cats though?? I love cats
Old Dec 10th 2003, 8:31 am

Originally posted by jcapulet
Poor cats!

oops...are gatos cats?
Yes lol
Old Dec 10th 2003, 8:32 am
BE Enthusiast

utopiacowboy is a jewel in the roughutopiacowboy is a jewel in the roughutopiacowboy is a jewel in the roughutopiacowboy is a jewel in the roughutopiacowboy is a jewel in the rough

No podría hablar una palabra del español antes la encontré. Aprendí español así que podría comunicar con ella. Es dificil ahora a hablar inglés con ella porque pienso hablando español es mi expresión del amor para ella.

Originally posted by Hypertweeky
Ditto!!!!!!
Can you speak spanish??
Old Dec 10th 2003, 8:33 am
Overworked and exhausted

Hebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud of

Poor cats!

oops...are gatos cats?
I love cats. Had a couple as pets, too. This was just a stupid story my brother and I made up when he was studying spanish in high school.
Old Dec 10th 2003, 8:33 am
BE Forum Addict

dutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond repute

What an invention.....online translation programs ....
Old Dec 10th 2003, 8:36 am
K1 via London

Steffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Noorah101
"Did you marry your husband so he could remain in the states?" And my immediate response was "No, we married each other because we are in love." (well, duh)
That question goes along with all those other silly ones, like "Are you a terrorist, or associated with any terrorist organizations." Who in their right mind would answer that with "yes" even if they WERE a terrorist! Come on people!! *big sigh and shakes head*
Old Dec 10th 2003, 8:36 am
Overworked and exhausted

Hebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud of

No podría hablar una palabra del español antes la encontré. Aprendí español así que podría comunicar con ella. Es dificil ahora a hablar inglés con ella porque pienso hablando español es mi expresión del amor para ella.
My attempt at translation. (No dictionaries used.)
I was unable to speak a word of spanish before the ?????? I learned spanish in order to be able to communicate with her. It is difficult to speak English with her because ????? my speaking spanish is my expression of love for her.
Old Dec 10th 2003, 8:43 am

Yes That was a very good one utopiacowboy even though some of the sentences arent written quite properly

I was unable to speak a word in spanish before I found her, I learned spanish so I could talk to her, It is hard to speak english with her now because I think in spanish, It (Spanish) is my expression of love for her

Last edited by Hypertweeky; Dec 10th 2003 at 8:47 am.
Old Dec 10th 2003, 8:47 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Leslie,

Thanks for sharing your hubbie's interview experience. And as for one of those questions....I don't know what the big deal is about whether he knows your income...Cory didn't really remember mine. Ah well I guess they have a list of questions for everyone. Hope his visa is granted quickly.

Juliet
Hi Juliet,

I thought it was a catch-22. If he knew exactly what I made she would have probably said....... Why are you so obsessed with her salary? Are you a gold-digger?

The truth is, we do not live together. I support myself and he supports himself. I've paid for the immigration expenses on this side and he is paying for the expenses on that side. I don't have a clue what he makes. For one thing, he's paid in Durhams so I'd have to do the conversion. Knowing his salary in Morocco would mean absolutely nothing to me, because things don't even cost the same over there. Anyway, when we live together it will be different. But I have known people who didn't know exactly how much their spouse made. As far as immigration or fraud goes it's doesn't really mean anything.

Leslie
Old Dec 10th 2003, 8:47 am

My attempt at translation. (No dictionaries used.)
I was unable to speak a word of spanish before the ?????? I learned spanish in order to be able to communicate with her. It is difficult to speak English with her because ????? my speaking spanish is my expression of love for her.

WOW GOOD JOB HEBA! YOU ARE A VERY SMART COOKIE!!!!!!
Old Dec 10th 2003, 8:50 am

Originally posted by dutchman2001nl
What an invention.....online translation programs ....
True but hey it was quite good

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.