Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Details About Husband's K3 Interview

Wikiposts

Details About Husband's K3 Interview

Old Dec 10th 2003, 6:00 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Details About Husband's K3 Interview

Hi All,

Here are all of the details about my husbands K3 interview.

BEFORE THE INTERVIEW:
He ended up catching an earlier coach than he originally planned so he arrived in Casablanca close to 6:00am. He found a mosque and prayed and then caught a cab to the Embassy. It was too early and nobody was around yet. He walked until he found an open coffee shop drank some tea and then made his way back to the embassy. The guards were outside by this time and told him he should wait in line, but that he had to wait across the street for security reasons. There were already two other people over there starting a line so he got behind them. One was a woman there for her K3 and one was a man who was beneficiary of the diversity lottery. The line became much longer before too long. At 8:30 the guards waived them over and separated them into two lines. One line was for marriage or fiancé visas and one line was for all other visas (diversity lottery, tourist visa, etc). Khalid and the woman I mentioned before were the only two K visas that day. The guards verified everybody’s appointments, searched them, and let them inside. He went to the window, paid the fee and was directed to the appropriate waiting room. An Asian American woman came to the waiting room and asked Khalid and the other K3 woman for their paperwork. They both gave her everything she asked for and she left again. She came back out in a little while told Khalid he had not supplied the 3 years tax returns from me and would have to come back. He said, “No, I gave you 3 years tax returns. But if you lost them it’s ok, I have another copy.� (Actually I sent 4 years because I’m anal.) She looked through his paperwork again and then dropped the subject. She then went to the K3 woman and said she had not provided the Affidavit of Support and would have to come back. The K3 woman said, “No, I’m sure it was in there.� The consulate woman said no it wasn’t there and told her she would have to get it, and reschedule her appointment for another day. The K3 woman told Khalid she knew it was there, but had not brought any extra copies with her. She left in tears. They proceeded to interview everybody in the waiting room before him (so much for getting there early). There was a caucasian American male calling in the interviewees along with the woman. Khalid kept hoping he would be the one doing his interview because he already didn’t trust the woman. Finally, at 11:30 she comes out and calls him (he was the last one in the waiting room.)

THE INTERVIEW:
In the waiting room she had originally addressed him in French but he had responded in English. So she conducted the interview in English.

Her: How did you meet your wife.
Him: My sister introduced us.
Her: How does your wife know your sister?
Him: My wife was doing part-time work for the business that my sister owns with her husband. They became friends over time.
Her: When is the last time you spoke to your wife?
Him: Last night.
Her: How much money does your wife earn?
Him: I don’t know exactly, but it’s there in the Affidavit of Support if you need it.
Her: You don’t know what she makes? Don’t you talk about money?
Him: We talk about everything. We talk about our finances in general. We talk about what things are costing us now and we plan for our future spending. I have evidence of our relationship here if you would like to see it.
(She ignored that remark.)
Her: How old are you?
Him: 30
Her: Where to you work?
Him: At ************.
Her: Have you ever applied for a visa before?
Him: Yes.
Her: Did you marry your wife so you could get to the States?
Him: No. I married her because I love her and she loves me.

She then gave him a letter (that had been sitting there on the desk the whole time) giving the whole spiel about additional administrative processing in Washington DC. She made a notation on it that he had already paid and told him he would not have to pay again when he came to pick up the visa.

This was all from his memory and may not happened in exactly this order, but he has a mind like a steel trap, so I doubt he left out much. When he called me right after the interview and I asked him what they asked him he said……. “All they asked me was my age, my occupation and how I met you.� Obviously, there was quite a bit more to it than that, but he didn’t feel like regurgitating it all for me right then.

To answer some questions you guys had:

1. They gave him back his passport.
2. They did not ask for a copy of the I-129F approval (NOA-2).
3. She never looked at any of the proof of relationship.
4. They did not fingerprint him.

Leslie
Old Dec 10th 2003, 6:03 am
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Details About Husband's K3 Interview

Glad to hear it all went well. Lucky you.

Best of luck with the visa.

CB
Old Dec 10th 2003, 6:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Karen D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud of

Originally posted by Leslie66
...She came back out in a little while told Khalid he had not supplied the 3 years tax returns from me and would have to come back. He said, “No, I gave you 3 years tax returns. But if you lost them it’s ok, I have another copy.� (Actually I sent 4 years because I’m anal.) She looked through his paperwork again and then dropped the subject. She then went to the K3 woman and said she had not provided the Affidavit of Support and would have to come back. The K3 woman said, “No, I’m sure it was in there.� The consulate woman said no it wasn’t there and told her she would have to get it, and reschedule her appointment for another day. The K3 woman told Khalid she knew it was there, but had not brought any extra copies with her. She left in tears.
Thanks for posting this Leslie. Good for Khalid for being firm and well done to you for being so anal, sorry organised!

Fingers crossed that you get the visa really, really, really soon
Old Dec 10th 2003, 6:14 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Karen D
Thanks for posting this Leslie. Good for Khalid for being firm and well done to you for being so anal, sorry organised!

Fingers crossed that you get the visa really, really, really soon
Good lesson. Make copies and take copies.
Old Dec 10th 2003, 6:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Richard III will become famous soon enoughRichard III will become famous soon enough

Leslie -

Sounds like the first thing they wanted to do was lighten their load by sending as many people home as possible!

Richard III

Good lesson. Make copies and take copies.
Old Dec 10th 2003, 6:30 am
WTF?

Originally posted by Richard III
Leslie -

Sounds like the first thing they wanted to do was lighten their load by sending as many people home as possible!

Richard III
Hi Richard,

That's exactly what he thought.

Leslie
Old Dec 10th 2003, 6:49 am
Valley of the Sun

souls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to behold

good luck on a speedy in his hands visa
Old Dec 10th 2003, 7:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Khadija is an unknown quantity at this point

Leslie, I'm so happy for the two of you! Being so organized really paid off. I have to cringe at the bureaucratic stupidity of these people, though. Sending that poor woman home! How awful! Would it have killed them to conduct the interview and then tell her she had to supply another copy of whatever they were missing? Also, the question about did you marry for a green card or love. What's that about?!? All those truly in love will say, "Of course I love my spouse and that's why we married." All the rest will say, "Of course I love my spouse and that's why we married." As if the answer to that would tell them anything. Unless COs are psychic or have the beneficiaries hooked up to polygraphs, how would they know.

Anyway, things are moving along smoothly for the two of you and that's all that counts!

Patty

Hi Richard,

That's exactly what he thought.

Leslie
Old Dec 10th 2003, 7:14 am
BE Forum Addict

dutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond repute

Wow,
I'm glad it all went well. Now lets hope he will have his visa soon..........
Old Dec 10th 2003, 7:17 am
WTF?

Originally posted by Khadija
Also, the question about did you marry for a green card or love. What's that about?!? All those truly in love will say, "Of course I love my spouse and that's why we married." All the rest will say, "Of course I love my spouse and that's why we married." As if the answer to that would tell them anything. Unless COs are psychic or have the beneficiaries hooked up to polygraphs, how would they know.

Patty
Hi Patty,

Well that's it exactly. I think it was just a way to get an insult in there since she couldn't find any reason to send him away. He really doesn't dislike many people but he really disliked her. I can honestly say I hate her stinking guts. He said she was just a machine, not human. He also said that she would not look him in the eye. He stared at her the whole time, trying to make eye contact and she wouldn't do it. That increased his distrust of her immensely.

Leslie
Old Dec 10th 2003, 7:24 am
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Khadija
As if the answer to that would tell them anything. Unless COs are psychic or have the beneficiaries hooked up to polygraphs, how would they know.
I'm sure it's only a matter of time before Polygraphs come into play.

Say well done to the hubby for the interview and having copies of everything from me Leslie.
Old Dec 10th 2003, 7:34 am
Overworked and exhausted

Hebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud of

Thanks Leslie for the details. I know now that we should bring 20 copies of everything to the interview in case they "can't find" something.
Old Dec 10th 2003, 7:41 am
WTF?

Originally posted by Hebapotamus42
Thanks Leslie for the details. I know now that we should bring 20 copies of everything to the interview in case they "can't find" something.

I think what she did was go in her office and look for stuff that was wrong. When she couldn't find anything "wrong" (like Patty's so-called wrong tax returns that another embassy might have been just fine with) she just took something out. Khalid said the K3 woman was very intelligent and was married to a Moroccan man who is a US citizen working on Wall Street. Do you really think they would have left out the most important thing? I thin it stinks, specially after the crap she had just pulled over the tax returns. People may think we are exaggerating when we bitch and moan about our consulates, but they really are treacherous. I've dealt with Casa myself, eventually they give you what you want, but they torment you and demean the entire time.

Leslie
Old Dec 10th 2003, 7:45 am
Overworked and exhausted

Hebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud of

I think what she did was go in her office and look for stuff that was wrong. When she couldn't find anything "wrong" (like Patty's so-called wrong tax returns that another embassy might have been just fine with) she just took something out. Khalid said the K3 woman was very intelligent and was married to a Moroccan man who is a US citizen working on Wall Street. Do you really think they would have left out the most important thing? I thin it stinks, specially after the crap she had just pulled over the tax returns. People may think we are exaggerating when we bitch and moan about our consulates, but they really are treacherous. I've dealt with Casa myself, eventually they give you what you want, but they torment you and demean the entire time.

Leslie
It seems each consulate needs to have a wicked witch among its staff.
Old Dec 10th 2003, 7:54 am
K1 via London

Steffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond repute

I'm glad your husband's interview seemed to go pretty smoothly apart from a few set-backs! Yay!

Originally posted by Richard III
Sounds the same to me...though it seems a bit ridiculous to me because uhmmmm....the woman will come back! Along with more K'ers. So it would just cause more of a backup. Silly people. *sigh*

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.