Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Details About Husband's K3 Interview

Wikiposts

Details About Husband's K3 Interview

Old Dec 10th 2003, 7:57 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Details About Husband's K3 Interview

Originally posted by Steffi
I'm glad your husband's interview seemed to go pretty smoothly apart from a few set-backs! Yay!

Sounds the same to me...though it seems a bit ridiculous to me because uhmmmm....the woman will come back! Along with more K'ers. So it would just cause more of a backup. Silly people. *sigh*

Thanks Steffi.

That's just it. The woman will come back. You know what else I forgot to mention. She and her husband got married the same day as we did, and we had the same interview date. Weird huh?
Old Dec 10th 2003, 7:57 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for sharing his interview with us, You are a dear .. there is a question that was way out of the line.. "Did you marry your wife so you could get to the States?".. That was mean
Leslie!!! I pray for you every night
Old Dec 10th 2003, 8:06 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Leslie,

Thank you so much for posting the details of the interview. I'm going to make sure I bring extra copies of everything with us when the time comes! I'm surprised she didn't come out of her office and say the kitchen sink was missing - go home and get it!!! :-)

You're a dear :-)
Rene
Old Dec 10th 2003, 8:08 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Hypertweeky
Thanks for sharing his interview with us, You are a dear .. there is a question that was way out of the line.. "Did you marry your wife so you could get to the States?".. That was mean
Leslie!!! I pray for you every night
Thanks Hyper. I really didn't mind the question. It was sort of silly but, whatever. I did not like the stunt about the tax returns though. I guess it's ok though...... all's well that ends well.

Leslie
Old Dec 10th 2003, 8:15 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

In 1979, in Tucson, when I married my first husband (Iranian), we had to go through an interview, also. I don't recall very much of it except that they allowed my parents in the room as well as my husband and I, and there were several interviewers on a panel. They asked him a bunch of questions, but the very last question was directed at me. They told me to stand up, and asked "Did you marry your husband so he could remain in the states?" And my immediate response was "No, we married each other because we are in love." (well, duh)

It's interesting to me to see the line of questioning hasn't changed in 24 years. LOL

Rene

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Noorah101
Leslie,

Thank you so much for posting the details of the interview. I'm going to make sure I bring extra copies of everything with us when the time comes! I'm surprised she didn't come out of her office and say the kitchen sink was missing - go home and get it!!! :-)

Rene
LOL
WTF?

[i] I'm surprised she didn't come out of her office and say the kitchen sink was missing - go home and get it!!! :-)

Rene

Tee hee hee!!

Hi Rene!

Actually she did pretend she couldn't find the kitchen sink, but it was ok because he brought the bathtub for back-up. LOL

Leslie
Old Dec 10th 2003, 8:16 am

Originally posted by Leslie66
Thanks Hyper. I really didn't mind the question. It was sort of silly but, whatever. I did not like the stunt about the tax returns though. I guess it's ok though...... all's well that ends well.

Leslie

ANYTIME sweetie
Old Dec 10th 2003, 8:17 am
BE Enthusiast

utopiacowboy is a jewel in the roughutopiacowboy is a jewel in the roughutopiacowboy is a jewel in the roughutopiacowboy is a jewel in the roughutopiacowboy is a jewel in the rough

Reading the posts on this board every day, it really makes my blood boil when I see how the consulate staff and USCIS people treat both the aliens and the American citizens (WHO PAY THEIR SALARIES!). An American can marry another American and no one gives a rat's whatever what their motives are or who's older than who or who can speak the other's language or any of it. My wife could care less about coming to the United States, she always imagined living her whole life in Colombia. And to tell you the truth, if the situation were different in Colombia, I wouldn't even bother with this. I would just live with her in Colombia the rest of my life.

Leslie
Old Dec 10th 2003, 8:17 am
jingling

jcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond repute

Leslie,

Thanks for sharing your hubbie's interview experience. And as for one of those questions....I don't know what the big deal is about whether he knows your income...Cory didn't really remember mine. Ah well I guess they have a list of questions for everyone. Hope his visa is granted quickly.

Juliet
Old Dec 10th 2003, 8:18 am

Tee hee hee!!

Hi Rene!

Actually she did pretend she couldn't find the kitchen sink, but it was ok because he brought the bathtub for back-up. LOL

Leslie
ROTFLMAO!!!!! You girls crack me up!!!
Old Dec 10th 2003, 8:21 am

Originally posted by utopiacowboy
Reading the posts on this board every day, it really makes my blood boil when I see how the consulate staff and USCIS people treat both the aliens and the American citizens (WHO PAY THEIR SALARIES!). An American can marry another American and no one gives a rat's whatever what their motives are or who's older than who or who can speak the other's language or any of it. My wife could care less about coming to the United States, she always imagined living her whole life in Colombia. And to tell you the truth, if the situation were different in Colombia, I wouldn't even bother with this. I would just live with her in Colombia the rest of my life.
Ditto!!!!!!
Can you speak spanish??
Old Dec 10th 2003, 8:24 am

Tee hee hee!!

Hi Rene!

Leslie
LOL...he should have brought the shower, and doused her with it when she wouldn't look him in the eye :-)))
Old Dec 10th 2003, 8:25 am

Originally posted by jcapulet
Leslie,

Thanks for sharing your hubbie's interview experience. And as for one of those questions....I don't know what the big deal is about whether he knows your income...Cory didn't really remember mine. Ah well I guess they have a list of questions for everyone. Hope his visa is granted quickly.

Juliet
I dont know Mark´s income either, SO WHAT??? Thats what the affidavit of support is for. We will have plenty of time to talk about money when I get there!!
Old Dec 10th 2003, 8:25 am
Overworked and exhausted

Hebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud of

Originally posted by Hypertweeky
Ditto!!!!!!
Can you speak spanish??
How about this: Hay veinte gatos en un autobus. El autobus hace un acidente. Todos los gatos estan muertos.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.