DCF London Processing

Old Sep 5th 2020, 11:56 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DCF London Processing

If it were me I would also carry proof you are married to a US citizen. You might just need to show you are exempt under the Presidential Proclamation, either to the airline or CBP. The I-130 would be good for that.
Old Sep 6th 2020, 1:45 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stuwoolf
Thanks. Didnt think of proof of i-130. Wont that potentially just muddy the waters? The other stuff may indicate I have property or committments in UK.

I guess there is no harm in bringing it all.

Thanks for your suggestion.๐Ÿ™‚
It would only muddy the waters if you show it without being asked.

Property and commitments (other than work) can easily be walked away from and/or dealt with from the USA, so it's not proof that you'll return.

Rene
Old Sep 6th 2020, 9:35 am
Forum Regular

stuwoolf is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Noorah101
It would only muddy the waters if you show it without being asked.

Property and commitments (other than work) can easily be walked away from and/or dealt with from the USA, so it's not proof that you'll return.

Rene
Thanks. Will take that on board๐Ÿ™‚
Old Sep 6th 2020, 8:05 pm
Forum Regular

os306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond repute

After much deliberation and yet another day passing without any letter from Visa Unit, I applied for and received approval for my ESTA today. Over the next 6-8 weeks we have a mind to plan a visit to USA and see my wifes family. My wife will remain in USA, setting up domicile etc and I will return to UK and wait. It breaks our hearts to be put in the potential position of being apart, but it is what it is. We intend to travel via Dublin and clear US Immigration in Dublin. I "retire" from NHS on Nov 30 (my last day at work is Oct 22 then on AL) and with the recent sale of our home, I am expecting mucho questions from the Immi Officer at Dublin. We anticipate travelling in October after 22 and me staying for 80% of what my ESTA permits. (unless Visa Unit pulls it out the bag and I must return sooner๐Ÿ™‚.....HA! )

In order to prove intention to return to UK, I have been thinking about which documents I should take to provide proof. I dont have much except my Driving Licence (showing our new address) Car Log Book (V5) (with new address), a letter from our Landlord (we stay in my sisters place) and copies of our bank statement.

Hopefully the Visa Unit can get itself sorted out in 6-8 weeks. Hey ho.........

What issues does anyone foresee with this plan? Any suggestions for further docs to prove domicile in UK and, should I be asked, my intention to return?

Grateful for your input.๐Ÿ™‚
Good luck to you mate. Sorry to hear the LND number still hasn't come through.
Old Sep 7th 2020, 4:28 pm
Just Joined

jonUK is an unknown quantity at this point

Were you able to get some sort of Travel / Medical insurance for your trip? My understanding is that while FCDO guidelines indicate that USA is for essential travel only, most travel insurance companies would not payout in the event of a need for a claim. My specific concern is linked to emergency medical coverage while out there.

Thanks
Old Sep 7th 2020, 5:26 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jonUK
Were you able to get some sort of Travel / Medical insurance for your trip? My understanding is that while FCDO guidelines indicate that USA is for essential travel only, most travel insurance companies would not payout in the event of a need for a claim. My specific concern is linked to emergency medical coverage while out there.

Thanks
Not go that far yet however just checked and the cost is eye watering! Hey ho......it is what it is

However, this may be more ammo to include in my daily email to Visa Unit..............

Last edited by stuwoolf; Sep 7th 2020 at 5:29 pm.
Old Sep 7th 2020, 5:31 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by os306
Good luck to you mate. Sorry to hear the LND number still hasn't come through.
Thank you for your kind words.......maybe this week๐Ÿ˜”
Old Sep 24th 2020, 4:31 pm
Forum Regular

Just a quick update, we received our LND last Monday. What a relief it was too!

Next step is organising a medical then trying to get a date for a visa interview. Not in a massive hurry to get that done as there are a couple of bits of paper we still await ie i-864 Joint Sponsor Form from the US. I understand interview dates are few and far between and it looks like a date in November may be the next available. The Joint Sponsor element has been thrown in to disarray too as our Sponsor has been unemployed for a few months. Hey ho....... Dont know if her unemployment and/or my UK Govt pension (MoD) can be used to meet the $22,000 minimum?

It doesnt get any easier and the challenges continue.

Good luck everyone๐Ÿ™‚

Old Sep 24th 2020, 4:35 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Dont know if her unemployment and/or my UK Govt pension (MoD) can be used to meet the $22,000 minimum?
As your UK pension will be paid to you when you are in the US, it can be used as part or all of the requirement for sponsorship.
Old Sep 24th 2020, 6:59 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by lansbury
As your UK pension will be paid to you when you are in the US, it can be used as part or all of the requirement for sponsorship.
Thank you for this info.

With regards using assets to meet 125% of Federal Poverty Guidelines, for a 2 x Person household, the 125% = $21,550. In the event of having a $9,000 shortfall, as it is the spouse of a USC who is immigrating, according to the i-864 Instructions, the multiplier for a Spouse is 3. So, in this example, the asset ie cash, would need to amount to $27,000. Is this an accurate calculation?
Old Sep 24th 2020, 7:39 pm

Thank you for this info.

With regards using assets to meet 125% of Federal Poverty Guidelines, for a 2 x Person household, the 125% = $21,550. In the event of having a $9,000 shortfall, as it is the spouse of a USC who is immigrating, according to the i-864 Instructions, the multiplier for a Spouse is 3. So, in this example, the asset ie cash, would need to amount to $27,000. Is this an accurate calculation?
Yes if you have a $9k shortfall, you need $27k in assets. The assets should be something you can liquidate if necessary, so something of value other than cash can be used as well.
Old Sep 24th 2020, 8:05 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by lansbury
Yes if you have a $9k shortfall, you need $27k in assets. The assets should be something you can liquidate if necessary, so something of value other than cash can be used as well.
Thank you for this. It shines new light on the situation.

I am very much my own man and would rather do this without reliance on others. It may be a silly way to do things but its just the way I am wired up. Dont like to burden others with my situations.

Should the cash asset remain in the bank for a certain amount of time, before or during or after the immigration process?

Thanks again for your help. Most appreciated.

Last edited by stuwoolf; Sep 24th 2020 at 8:09 pm.
Old Sep 24th 2020, 8:36 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

You will need documentation showing evidence of the cash in the bank, which should cover maybe 6 months or so. USCIS wants to make sure there isn't a large 1-time deposit, and if there is, they need proof of where that came from (not a loan or someone giving you a chunk of money to boost your savings).

The money doesn't have to stay there after you enter the USA using your immigrant visa.

Rene
Old Sep 24th 2020, 9:16 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
You will need documentation showing evidence of the cash in the bank, which should cover maybe 6 months or so. USCIS wants to make sure there isn't a large 1-time deposit, and if there is, they need proof of where that came from (not a loan or someone giving you a chunk of money to boost your savings).

The money doesn't have to stay there after you enter the USA using your immigrant visa.

Rene
Thank you.

Its part of the proceeds from property sale. I presume the Financial Statement provided by my lawyer who conducted the sale and showing monies in and out will suffice as proof?
Old Sep 24th 2020, 9:26 pm

Thank you.

Its part of the proceeds from property sale. I presume the Financial Statement provided by my lawyer who conducted the sale and showing monies in and out will suffice as proof?
Yes, that should be fine.

Rene

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.