DCF London Processing

Old Jun 13th 2020, 9:54 pm
Forum Regular

stuwoolf is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: DCF London Processing

Originally Posted by S Folinsky
"Green card" is but a nickname for evidence of "admission to lawful permanent residence." It is a status known to immigration cognescenti as LPR.

If and when you are issued an immigrant visa and thereafter successfully navigate the admission process you will be an LPR. Practice these days is that the immigrant visa in the passport will be endorsed as one year evidence of LPR status.

Employment is authorized incident to status.
Thought that was the case.

Thanks for confirming.
Old Jun 14th 2020, 3:51 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stuwoolf
Thought that was the case.

Thanks for confirming.
BTW, the actual card is form “I-551.”

It should be emphasized that the green card is evidence of status. It is not the status itself.

(Also, I’ve heard gov’t types use “lapper” orally. Not relevant to this discussion, we all use the term “ee-wee” to describe a person who sneaked across the border.)

Last edited by S Folinsky; Jun 14th 2020 at 3:57 pm.
Old Jun 18th 2020, 8:16 am
Just Joined

craig10104 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just an update, I'm not sure how relevant it is but the DOS added this to their site yesterday https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/News/visas-news/Proclamation-Suspending-Entry-of-Immigrants-Who-Present-Risk-to-the-US-labor-market.html

Here's a snippet
"Routine visas services have been suspended at U.S. posts worldwide, but as resources allow, embassies and consulates will continue to provide emergency and mission critical visa services. Mission-critical immigrant visa categories may include applicants who may be eligible for an exception under this presidential proclamation, such as: IR/CR1, IR/CR2, IR/IH-3, IR/IH-4, SQ, SI, and certain employment-based medical professionals, as well as cases involving an applicant who may age out. While embassies and consulates may process these types of cases, their ability to do so may be limited by local government restrictions and available resources. In addition, an applicant’s ability to travel may be impacted by local laws, regulations, and travel restrictions."

It seems to be good news however I would not get too excited until the emabassy itself updates their site on this url https://uk.usembassy.gov/information...d-19-outbreak/ or similar
Old Jun 18th 2020, 3:55 pm
Forum Regular

os306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond repute

Strange times indeed.

Another week gone by and no word. Bearing in mind the initial 90 days target, then deducting the 10 or so days before lockdown when we received our email, I marked up my calender showing not to expect any word till Mid July.......please let me be wrong..............

Have a great weekend, everyone.
Any word on your approval yet?
Old Jun 19th 2020, 11:19 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by os306
Any word on your approval yet?
Hi,

Yes but its not good. RFE to be returned by Friday June 16. 😳 The documents sought are not at hand so have to get them from Panama.....the land of mañana.....and translated too.

I guess the boat has sailed and if not then right now it is pulling up the gang plank.😂

Good luck to you and yours.
Old Jun 19th 2020, 11:22 am
Forum Regular

os306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Yes but its not good. RFE to be returned by Friday June 16. 😳 The documents sought are not at hand so have to get them from Panama.....the land of mañana.....and translated too.

I guess the boat has sailed and if not then right now it is pulling up the gang plank.😂

Good luck to you and yours.
Stu,

Sorry to hear about the RFE, friend, and wishing you the best of luck in terms of getting those documents. Out of interest, what is the nature of the documents they are asking for? Also, how did they contact you about the RFE? Was it a letter in today's mail?
Old Jun 19th 2020, 12:30 pm
Forum Regular

Stu,

Sorry to hear about the RFE, friend, and wishing you the best of luck in terms of getting those documents. Out of interest, what is the nature of the documents they are asking for? Also, how did they contact you about the RFE? Was is a letter in today's mail?
Some personal papers for my USC wife and an, affidavit of when we met.

Due to C-19 an email was received.

Good luck

Last edited by stuwoolf; Jun 19th 2020 at 2:30 pm.
Old Jun 19th 2020, 12:45 pm
Forum Regular

Some personal papers for my USC wif and an, affidavit of when we met.

Due to C-19 an email was received.

Good luck
Good luck to you too. It seems like the London Office are moving pretty quickly to clear their backlog of pending I-130 petitions, since someone else on the VisaJourney forums received a letter yesterday.
Old Jun 19th 2020, 3:56 pm
Forum Regular

Good luck to you too. It seems like the London Office are moving pretty quickly to clear their backlog of pending I-130 petitions, since someone else on the VisaJourney forums received a letter yesterday.
Aye. Things do seem to be moving with a bit of pace. Its good to hear folks getting along. You will be next I am sure.🙂

I didnt expect this. My wifes background has been researched by all sorts including the military when her Ex was a Ranger or something. Hey. It is what it is. (although I have to say I am somewhat pi$$ed at it) No point in arguing with USCIS or any other official immigration department. They say "Jump" the only response is "How high" lol

Enjoy the weekend
Old Jun 29th 2020, 11:02 am
Forum Regular

We have had 2 x RFE. Looking for personal papers from 40 years ago😳

On responding to The 2nd RFE this auto email was received which seems to suggest July 2nd is a cut off. If this is accurate then it may be worthwhile contacting USCIS before that date?

Good luck.

"Thank you for your email.

The USCIS London Field Office will be permanently closing on July 31, 2020.

The last day the office is providing services to the public and responding to inquiries sent to this mailbox is June 19, 2020. The Consular Section at the U.S. Embassy London will assume responsibility for certain limited services previously provided by USCIS to individuals residing in the UK. Please refer to our office webpage for additional information on the handling of various USCIS applications and petitions previously processed by this office in order to determine where to file your application or petition.

The USCIS London Field Office will continue to work on pending cases through July 2, 2020. If you have a case that is pending with the USCIS London Field Office, you may continue to communicate with us at this mailbox through July 2, 2020. If your case is still pending when our office closes, we will send you a transfer notice to inform you which office will continue working on your case.

If you have a reentry permit to collect from the USCIS London Field Office and you have an urgent need to collect it, please review the information at our reentry permit webpage on requesting an emergency appointment.

General information about U.S. Embassy London, including information about visas, is available on the Embassy website. You may also contact the Embassy by calling 44 (0) 20 7499 9000. Below are websites for other sections at U.S. Embassy London:

· Family Immigration: https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/family-immigration/

· Nonimmigrant Visas: https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/nonimmigrant-visas/

· ESTA and travel to the United States: https://uk.usembassy.gov/embassy-con...authorization/

· American Citizenship Services (ACS): https://uk.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/

For information on USCIS immigration benefits, please visit uscis.gov. For assistance with an immigration inquiry, you may contact the USCIS Contact Center via one of the methods listed at https://www.uscis.gov/contactcenter. We suggest you use Ask Emma for more details about what you want to accomplish. Many times, you may be able to complete your task online.

Have a question about a pending application or petition? Send USCIS a secure message through your USCIS online account. Opening an account is easy. You may also send USCIS a message though your USCIS online account if you need help.

Thank you,

USCIS London
Old Jun 30th 2020, 10:55 am
Forum Regular

Mattw7 is an unknown quantity at this point

We contacted them yesterday and were told this morning that our I-130 has been approved and the confirmation will be posted today! 5-8 week wait now for our LND number.
Old Jul 1st 2020, 9:58 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Mattw7
We contacted them yesterday and were told this morning that our I-130 has been approved and the confirmation will be posted today! 5-8 week wait now for our LND number.
After a very stressful last 2 weeks we sent an email enquiry this morning asking if an update was available. The reply came quickly and said our Petition was approved on June 29th and a letter confirming was posted June 30th. The 5-8 week caveat applies.

Such a relief!

Good luck everyone.
Old Jul 1st 2020, 4:53 pm
Just Joined

Sugarfreeuzzy is an unknown quantity at this point

Got the approval letter in the post today! had an approval date of June 29 on it!
Old Jul 1st 2020, 7:18 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Sugarfreeuzzy
Got the approval letter in the post today! had an approval date of June 29 on it!
Congrats. Things seem to be moving along quite promptly. Hats off to the USCIS staff.
Old Jul 3rd 2020, 4:05 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Sugarfreeuzzy
Snap!

Received our letter today with an Approval Date of June 29th.

Good luck everyone.🙂

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.