DCF London Processing

Old Aug 13th 2020, 8:42 am
Just Joined

jonUK is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: DCF London Processing

They did give me the option but I thought I'd had the MMR so opted for a blood test to check instead (£90). The blood test came back negative so now having to get the GP to do it or I could have gone back to Knightsbridge Medical.

The docs said that the embassy would likely approve the visa pending medical so I will proceed to the original appointment early Thursday morning.

Exciting times!
Old Aug 13th 2020, 3:46 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DCF London Processing

Originally Posted by jonUK
They did give me the option but I thought I'd had the MMR so opted for a blood test to check instead (£90). The blood test came back negative so now having to get the GP to do it or I could have gone back to Knightsbridge Medical.

The docs said that the embassy would likely approve the visa pending medical so I will proceed to the original appointment early Thursday morning.

Exciting times!
Sounds right.

(Here in CA many jabs are now administered in pharmacies. Having had measles as a child in 1961 I elected to have the blood test as part of my annual “wellness” exam. [“Wellness” is a part of old-age Medicare coverage]. The Doc coded it as a jab. MediCare declined to pay inasmuch it was the pharmacy, not the lab who should have administered it. Got it recoded and resubmitted. So lab resubmitted, twice. Medicare paid one, denied other as duplicate and the original claim remained unpaid. Yes, one test claimed three times. I’ve told the collection people in polite ways to go away.)
Old Aug 16th 2020, 3:19 pm
Forum Regular

stuwoolf is an unknown quantity at this point

Need some guidance please.

With the ever lasting wait for an LND Number and having now sold our house (we are moving to rented accommodation), my USC spouse and I are thinking about the way to proceed.

The date of shipping our belongings is fast approaching (next Monday August 21 2020) and we need to complete the Import Forms and return them to the Shippers; we have a bit of a dilemma. The US Customs Form 3299 asks for a date of our arrival in US. Clearly this is not something that we have right now.

The plan we are now considering is:

My USC Wife will return to the US 8-9 weeks (week commencing October 12) after our belongings are collected from UK (August 21) for shipping to USA (we understand the shipping time is around 6 -12 weeks).

The question is what impact on our DCF application does her departing UK and returning to US with me remaining in UK? The benefit of her move before me means she can organise a job and also an apartment for us both to live. However this all depends on any adverse impact on her leaving UK before our DCF application is finalised.

Grateful for all advice.

Last edited by stuwoolf; Aug 16th 2020 at 3:24 pm.
Old Aug 16th 2020, 3:55 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

As long as the I-130 has been submitted and payment has been processed, she is free to leave the UK without affecting the DCF process whatsoever.

Rene
Old Aug 16th 2020, 6:28 pm
Just Joined

newy51 is an unknown quantity at this point

As this is the most recent and most helpful thread, I thought I'd ask a quick question in reference to the DS-260 online form.

My wife is a USC, she will be either travelling ahead of me, or with me. Am I correct in my answers for these two questions as part of the DS-260? Really don't want any slip ups.

Is your spouse immigrating to the U.S. with you?
Yes No (I answered No)
Is your spouse immigrating to the U.S. at a later date to join you?
Yes No (I answered No)

Thanks in advance, M!
Old Aug 16th 2020, 6:47 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Correct. Since she is a USC, she is not immigrating.

Rene
Old Aug 18th 2020, 5:59 pm
Forum Regular

os306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond repute

We received our LND from the Immigrant Visa Unit 10 days ago and are keen to complete the IR1 DCF process by scheduling an interview at the US Embassy in London. There are plenty of available Visamedical appointments right now (i.e. if you phoned today you would be able to schedule an appointment for the following week); however, I have repeatedly checked the immigrant visa scheduling website and always seem to get a "there are no available appointments at this time" message. Is anyone else currently in the same boat, or have any other DCF-filers successfully been able to schedule an interview recently? If so, is there a preferred time as to when interview slots are released or does it all happen at random?

Last edited by os306; Aug 18th 2020 at 7:10 pm.
Old Aug 20th 2020, 10:01 am
Just Joined

I had the Embassy interview this morning. I arrived at 8.15 for an 8.30 appointment and was through security within ten minutes. They won't allow people in more than 30 minutes before the appointment time, some people were asked to wait. My documents were checked (I did not have copies but that wasn't a problem they copied them for me). My medical was sent to the embassy last night, but they had not received it yet. The Embassy said a number of other people were in the same position. Everything was fine except I did not have a police certificate from France. I'd lived their for exactly a year in 2007. I was sent away with my passport. The Embassy will contact me in the next few days and I will have to courier my Passport and translated French police certificate back to them when I have them. Then I should be done!

Any questions let me know.
Old Aug 20th 2020, 10:49 am
Forum Regular

os306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond repute

I had the Embassy interview this morning. I arrived at 8.15 for an 8.30 appointment and was through security within ten minutes. They won't allow people in more than 30 minutes before the appointment time, some people were asked to wait. My documents were checked (I did not have copies but that wasn't a problem they copied them for me). My medical was sent to the embassy last night, but they had not received it yet. The Embassy said a number of other people were in the same position. Everything was fine except I did not have a police certificate from France. I'd lived their for exactly a year in 2007. I was sent away with my passport. The Embassy will contact me in the next few days and I will have to courier my Passport and translated French police certificate back to them when I have them. Then I should be done!

Any questions let me know.
Hey congrats, that's awesome. Just to confirm, you weren't asked to provide any proof that your spouse was going to re-establish domicile?
Old Aug 20th 2020, 10:58 am
Just Joined

Thanks.

No, they did not ask to provide proof that my spouse was going to re-establish domicile. They did ask about health insurance and I said I was looking into quotes for that but there was no need to provide any evidence. For the tax returns I provided the last 3 years of W2 printed from pdf. I had payslips and letter from wife's employer but they were not needed.

They asked when I was planning to relocate and I said December. They highlighted a number of times that the 6 month window to go to US is from medical appointment date not from Visa issue date, something I'd only recently noticed.

All very friendly and efficient.
Old Aug 20th 2020, 5:29 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks.

No, they did not ask to provide proof that my spouse was going to re-establish domicile. They did ask about health insurance and I said I was looking into quotes for that but there was no need to provide any evidence. For the tax returns I provided the last 3 years of W2 printed from pdf. I had payslips and letter from wife's employer but they were not needed.

They asked when I was planning to relocate and I said December. They highlighted a number of times that the 6 month window to go to US is from medical appointment date not from Visa issue date, something I'd only recently noticed.

All very friendly and efficient.
Fantastic thank you. Based on yours, and others' experiences as of late, it sounds like the Consular Officers are not the least bit interested in all of the additional supporting documentation that we stress out over!
Old Aug 20th 2020, 5:51 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by os306
Fantastic thank you. Based on yours, and others' experiences as of late, it sounds like the Consular Officers are not the least bit interested in all of the additional supporting documentation that we stress out over!
It is interesting that some documents may not be required. However, where available and if possible, I would be inclined to have those docs at hand. It would just be like the thing, the night before the interview etc, the rules change and those docs are not at hand.

Belt n braces......Better to have them and not need them than need them and not have them.

Just a thought........
Old Sep 5th 2020, 10:10 pm
Forum Regular

After much deliberation and yet another day passing without any letter from Visa Unit, I applied for and received approval for my ESTA today. Over the next 6-8 weeks we have a mind to plan a visit to USA and see my wifes family. My wife will remain in USA, setting up domicile etc and I will return to UK and wait. It breaks our hearts to be put in the potential position of being apart, but it is what it is. We intend to travel via Dublin and clear US Immigration in Dublin. I "retire" from NHS on Nov 30 (my last day at work is Oct 22 then on AL) and with the recent sale of our home, I am expecting mucho questions from the Immi Officer at Dublin. We anticipate travelling in October after 22 and me staying for 80% of what my ESTA permits. (unless Visa Unit pulls it out the bag and I must return sooner🙂.....HA! )

In order to prove intention to return to UK, I have been thinking about which documents I should take to provide proof. I dont have much except my Driving Licence (showing our new address) Car Log Book (V5) (with new address), a letter from our Landlord (we stay in my sisters place) and copies of our bank statement.

Hopefully the Visa Unit can get itself sorted out in 6-8 weeks. Hey ho.........

What issues does anyone foresee with this plan? Any suggestions for further docs to prove domicile in UK and, should I be asked, my intention to return?

Grateful for your input.🙂

Last edited by stuwoolf; Sep 5th 2020 at 10:14 pm.
Old Sep 5th 2020, 10:40 pm

The best proof of intent to return to the UK is a letter from your employer stating the date you'll be returning to work, but it sounds like you won't have a job to return to?

The other proof you mentioned is not proof at all.

Maybe bring proof that you are waiting on your immigrant visa process, but if course only show it if asked.

Otherwise, I don't see any issues.

Rene
Old Sep 5th 2020, 11:31 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
The best proof of intent to return to the UK is a letter from your employer stating the date you'll be returning to work, but it sounds like you won't have a job to return to?

The other proof you mentioned is not proof at all.

Maybe bring proof that you are waiting on your immigrant visa process, but if course only show it if asked.

Otherwise, I don't see any issues.

Rene
Thanks. Didnt think of proof of i-130. Wont that potentially just muddy the waters? The other stuff may indicate I have property or committments in UK.

I guess there is no harm in bringing it all.

Thanks for your suggestion.🙂

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.