DCF London Processing

Old Jun 2nd 2020, 6:02 pm
Forum Regular

os306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DCF London Processing

Originally Posted by Mattw7
Hi os306, thanks. I’ll apply for the return transcript. Did yours arrive successfully to a UK address?
Not yet, but I only requested them on the 26th of May and they said it can take around 4 weeks, so still sitting tight...
Old Jun 2nd 2020, 6:58 pm
Forum Regular

stuwoolf is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by os306
Not yet, but I only requested them on the 26th of May and they said it can take around 4 weeks, so still sitting tight...
It looks like we all have plenty time. Nothing happening. The best piece of info I have got recently is once the i-130 is in place it doesnt expire.

We got all the time in the world, even if the process does go beyond Thanksgiving. Hey ho....

Hope your tax returns are with you very soon.

Good luck.🙂
Old Jun 3rd 2020, 6:50 pm
Forum Regular

Just had a look at USCIS website and on May 29 it announced the restarting of processing of i-129 and i - 140.

https://www.uscis.gov/news/alerts/us...tain-petitions

Has there been any announcement regarding i-130 submitted before March 31st?

Also, there is notification of Field Offices reopening. This list also includes international offices which are permanently closed. London isnt listed.

https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/uscis-office-closings

Any news? Hope everything will become clearer in the next few days.
Old Jun 3rd 2020, 7:27 pm
Forum Regular

os306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stuwoolf
Just had a look at USCIS website and on May 29 it announced the restarting of processing of i-129 and i - 140.

https://www.uscis.gov/news/alerts/us...tain-petitions

Has there been any announcement regarding i-130 submitted before March 31st?

Also, there is notification of Field Offices reopening. This list also includes international offices which are permanently closed. London isnt listed.

https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/uscis-office-closings

Any news? Hope everything will become clearer in the next few days.
The radio silence is frustrating. I think it's important to make the distinction between processing at USCIS offices located in the US (which are processing petitions submitted via the Dallas Lockbox) and the London Field Office that is processing our I-130 petitions. I believe the link posted above pertains to USCIS located in the US. I guess there's nothing else to do but patiently wait...
Old Jun 3rd 2020, 7:36 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by os306
The radio silence is frustrating. I think it's important to make the distinction between processing at USCIS offices located in the US (which are processing petitions submitted via the Dallas Lockbox) and the London Field Office that is processing our I-130 petitions. I believe the link posted above pertains to USCIS located in the US. I guess there's nothing else to do but patiently wait...
Aye, it is frustrating. The complete lack of info is driving us (me😳) crazy. I feel like my life is on hold and has been for the last few months. I guess its getting to me...any positivity I have left is ebbing away.
Old Jun 3rd 2020, 7:57 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Aye, it is frustrating. The complete lack of info is driving us (me😳) crazy. I feel like my life is on hold and has been for the last few months. I guess its getting to me...any positivity I have left is ebbing away.
Why is it driving you crazy? You stated earlier that your I-130 has been approved. Thus you are done with US CIS for now. Also, if you drill down on the page, the London Office will close July 31, 2020. They also have a chart on how particular cases will be handled.
Old Jun 3rd 2020, 8:34 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by S Folinsky
Why is it driving you crazy? You stated earlier that your I-130 has been approved. Thus you are done with US CIS for now. Also, if you drill down on the page, the London Office will close July 31, 2020. They also have a chart on how particular cases will be handled.
I think you may have misunderstood. My i-130 is sitting at USCIS US Embassy London. Received an email on March 5th saying document correctly filed and payment taken. Since then. ZIP! Nothing.

Thanks for the heads up about info being available. I guess the drilling down refers to one of the 2 links I quoted earlier. Could you provide further details of the page? The chart you mention sounds particularly interesting. Grateful.🙂

Last edited by stuwoolf; Jun 3rd 2020 at 8:39 pm.
Old Jun 3rd 2020, 8:53 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

I think you may have misunderstood. My i-130 is sitting at USCIS US Embassy London. Received an email on March 5th saying document correctly filed and payment taken. Since then. ZIP! Nothing.

Thanks for the heads up about info being available. I guess the drilling down refers to one of the 2 links I quoted earlier. Could you provide further details of the page? The chart you mention sounds particularly interesting. Grateful.🙂
There is a link for “international offices” on the left. Then a link for the region including Europe. Then you will see London.

Back in the day I used to attend consular immigrant visa interviews in Seoul. SEO had a then INS sub-office of Tokyo, then Bangkok. There would be a line of American GI’s with their new Korean wives filing I-130’s. In the table that I mention, I see that true a DCF will still be available for US military.
Old Jun 3rd 2020, 9:21 pm
Forum Regular

There is a link for “international offices” on the left. Then a link for the region including Europe. Then you will see London.

Back in the day I used to attend consular immigrant visa interviews in Seoul. SEO had a then INS sub-office of Tokyo, then Bangkok. There would be a line of American GI’s with their new Korean wives filing I-130’s. In the table that I mention, I see that true a DCF will still be available for US military.
Thanks. The side menu is only visible on a phone when in Landscape mode. I am not military. My days of being involved with the military are long gone. Too old for starters 😄 After 25 years as UK Ministry of Defence working with all services inc a stint in Germany (which was very good), I have nothing left to give them. 😂

Given the dates involved, the transfer of responsibility from USCIS to the Consular section of the Embassy lools like the next stage. At the point of transfer, dunno what happens with Petitions already lodged and nothing yet been heard or indeed, petitions lodged and an email advising petition has been "properly filed" and a date issued?

Concerning times as, for us, it could mean having to apply for a Stage 2 UK Visa and all the costs that involves.

Last edited by stuwoolf; Jun 3rd 2020 at 9:25 pm.
Old Jun 3rd 2020, 9:35 pm
Forum Regular

Given the dates involved, the transfer of responsibility from USCIS to the Consular section of the Embassy lools like the next stage. At the point of transfer, dunno what happens with Petitions already lodged and nothing yet been heard or indeed, petitions lodged and an email advising petition has been "properly filed" and a date issued?

Concerning times as it could mean having to apply for a Stage 2 UK Visa and all the costs that involves.
Based on the last e-mail correspondence I received from the London Field Office, they are aiming to adjudicate ALL I-130 petitions postmarked by the 31st of March before the office closes down on the 31st of July. They said that if an RFE is issued and a response cannot be sent before the 31st of July, then they will transfer the petition to another USCIS Field Office (I am assuming this will be the Washington Field Office).
Old Jun 3rd 2020, 10:23 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Concerning times as, for us, it could mean having to apply for a Stage 2 UK Visa and all the costs that involves.
I assume the UK visa would be for your USC spouse who is living there with you? Probably easier and less expensive for her to just return to the USA.

Rene
Old Jun 3rd 2020, 10:30 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
I assume the UK visa would be for your USC spouse who is living there with you? Probably easier and less expensive for her to just return to the USA.

Rene
Yes, for my US Spouse and yes it would be less expensive. However being apart is something that we dont want. Depending on how things pan out it may be we need to just suck it up.
Old Jun 5th 2020, 5:54 am
Forum Regular

As advised elsewhere, it seem the US Embassy London is not processing visa applications just yet.

https://uk.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/

Hope the visa processing begins soon.🙂
Old Jun 5th 2020, 12:22 pm
BE Commentator

As advised elsewhere, it seem the US Embassy London is not processing visa applications just yet.

https://uk.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/

Hope the visa processing begins soon.🙂
You posted a link unrelated to visa services.
Old Jun 5th 2020, 12:40 pm
Forum Regular

You posted a link unrelated to visa services.
Yes. Unfortunately. The link seems to indicate the services currently on offer from US Embassy and visa processing is not listed? Or maybe I have misunderstood? Grateful for your guidance.🙂

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.