DCF London Processing

Old May 14th 2020, 6:53 pm
Forum Regular

os306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DCF London Processing

Originally Posted by stuwoolf
Do you have any idea of what the "next stage" entails?
The next stage entails receiving the important LND number from the Immigrant Visa Unit. Only once you have this number in hand can you book your Medical appointment and the Embassy interview itself.
Old May 14th 2020, 6:59 pm
Just Joined

matthews94 is an unknown quantity at this point

Do you have any idea of what the "next stage" entails?
Originally Posted by os306
The next stage entails receiving the important LND number from the Immigrant Visa Unit. Only once you have this number in hand can you book your Medical appointment and the Embassy interview itself.
Just as os306 says, plus I have most of the paperwork ready to go for the interview so it'll be a case of getting an appointment for both the medical and interview. Hard to tell how far out those could be - there will be a backlog but the green card ban will also reduce the number of cases able to proceed.
Old May 14th 2020, 7:24 pm
Forum Regular

stuwoolf is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by matthews94
Just as os306 says, plus I have most of the paperwork ready to go for the interview so it'll be a case of getting an appointment for both the medical and interview. Hard to tell how far out those could be - there will be a backlog but the green card ban will also reduce the number of cases able to proceed.
What do you reckon is required by way of paperwork?

Good point about the backlog and those who may be in line.
Old May 14th 2020, 8:50 pm
Just Joined

matthews94 is an unknown quantity at this point

There's the DS-260 application form which is the main component, plus the required supporting documents which are listed on the embassy website. I've linked the page below! These include the police certificate which needs to be ordered in advance, original copies of all the documents included in the petition (passport, marriage certificate, etc), and the financial affidavit(s) proving that the sponsor(s) can support the beneficiary. There are more required documents listed so check out the list, plus some are only relevant in certain situations i.e. divorce certificates, military records.

Payment is taken at the embassy once you're there for the interview. The medical has to be completed before the interview as well.

https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/famil...red-documents/
Old May 14th 2020, 9:07 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by matthews94
There's the DS-260 application form which is the main component, plus the required supporting documents which are listed on the embassy website. I've linked the page below! These include the police certificate which needs to be ordered in advance, original copies of all the documents included in the petition (passport, marriage certificate, etc), and the financial affidavit(s) proving that the sponsor(s) can support the beneficiary. There are more required documents listed so check out the list, plus some are only relevant in certain situations i.e. divorce certificates, military records.

Payment is taken at the embassy once you're there for the interview. The medical has to be completed before the interview as well.

https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/famil...red-documents/
Thanks for sharing.

I think I already have the documents to hand. I received my Police Certificate about 6 weeks back. I will study the info and guidance in your attached link.

Good luck.
Old May 15th 2020, 10:37 am
Forum Regular

os306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond repute

For my own sanity, I put together a list of steps (and required documents) form the start of I-130 petition filing until actually receiving the physical green card in hand. If I've missed anything, please feel free to chip in. Hope this helps:

1. Receive e-mail confirming that USCIS have received and filed the petition (NOA1)

2. Receive I-130 approval letter (NOA2) in the post from USCIS stating that the petition has been approved and that we should expect an LND number to be sent by the Immigrant Visa Unit (IVU) at the London US Embassy within 8 weeks

3. Receive LND Number in the post (this used to be known as Packet 3) from the IVU

4. Complete form DS-260 online

5. Book medical appointment with Visa Medicals (Visa Medicals) and book interview at US embassy to take place a few days after this (https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-gb/iv)

6. Attend Medical appointment
  • Required documents:
    • Vaccination records from GP
    • Print out of NHS summary care record from GP
    • 4 passport photographs
7. Attend interview at US embassy
  • Required documents:
    • Beneficiary's passport
    • Original marriage certificate (+1 photocopy)
    • Two passport photographs of beneficiary
    • Beneficiary's UK police certificate (+1 photocopy)
    • Beneficiary's UK birth certificate (+1 photocopy)
    • Petitioner's I-864, including supporting documents:
      • Petitioner's IRS tax transcripts for the past 3 years
      • Copy of petitioner's US passport photo page
      • Documents proving the petitioner intends on re-establishing domicile in the US (e.g., voting record, driving licence renewal, e-mails showing inquiries into possible jobs)
    • Joint sponsor's I-864, including supporting documents:
      • Joint sponsor's IRS tax transcripts for past 3 years
      • Copy of joint sponsor's US passport photo page
      • Joint sponsor's pay stubs for the past 6 months
      • Letter from joint sponsor's employer confirming nature of employment, salary etc.
8. Receive passport back via Embassy courier service

9. Pay USCIS Immigrant Fee

10. Enter the US within 6 months and receive a temporary I-551 (green card) stamp in passport from US Customs and Border Protection Officer.

11. Receive physical green card in the post within 120 days after entry into the US.

12. Sit back and relax

Last edited by os306; May 15th 2020 at 10:43 am.
Old May 15th 2020, 4:24 pm
Forum Regular

Mattw7 is an unknown quantity at this point

• Required documents:
    • Beneficiary's passport
      • Documents proving the petitioner intends on re-establishing domicile in the US (e.g., voting record, driving licence renewal, e-mails showing inquiries into possible jobs)
      • Letter from joint sponsor's employer confirming nature of employment, salary etc.

Thanks for the checklist 0s306, very helpful!

Am I right in saying that a joint sponsor is only required if the petitioner doesn’t meet the income requirements?
Old May 15th 2020, 4:27 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mattw7
Am I right in saying that a joint sponsor is only required if the petitioner doesn’t meet the income requirements?
Correct. This happens quite often with DCF cases. Have you looked into it yet?

Rene
Old May 15th 2020, 4:43 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Mattw7
  • Required documents:
    • Beneficiary's passport

Thanks for the checklist 0s306, very helpful!

Yes that's right. As Rene says, this is a common scenario for DCF filers where the petitioner is living abroad with the beneficiary. One scenario where you wouldn't need a joint sponsor is if the US citizen petitioner 1) meets the income requirements and 2) is temporarily stationed abroad with a U.S. firm or corporation and will continue to work with that same company upon return to the U.S.
Old May 15th 2020, 4:47 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Or meets the requirement by using assets in lieu of income.

Rene
Old May 15th 2020, 5:10 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Or meets the requirement by using assets in lieu of income.

Rene
Assets? I would think they would not to be extensive and valuable?
Old May 15th 2020, 5:22 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

It should be noted that enhanced “public charge” rules have come into effect. Unlike past practice, a legally sufficient I-864 will not, by itself, be sufficient to meet that requirement. This is brand new. So no one has experience with this.

I really can’t say what will be needed. From what I understand, updated credit report and scores from the petitioner and beneficiary will be a good idea.
Old May 15th 2020, 5:39 pm

Assets? I would think they would not to be extensive and valuable?
I'm not sure what this means. Read the I-864 instructions. You can use liquidable assets to make up for what's lacking in income. Asset value must equal 3x the amount lacking in income. Cash in the bank works best, but property might also be used.

Rene
Old May 15th 2020, 5:41 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by S Folinsky
It should be noted that enhanced “public charge” rules have come into effect. Unlike past practice, a legally sufficient I-864 will not, by itself, be sufficient to meet that requirement. This is brand new. So no one has experience with this.

I really can’t say what will be needed. From what I understand, updated credit report and scores from the petitioner and beneficiary will be a good idea.
Sounds ominous.......what exactly are "updated credit report and scores​​​​​​" and how/where do we get these?

Last edited by stuwoolf; May 15th 2020 at 6:13 pm.
Old May 15th 2020, 6:07 pm
Forum Regular

Mattw7 is an unknown quantity at this point

On part 6 of I-864 it refers to I- 864P, which states the minimum income as $21,550 (For our household of 2), which we would be considerably above. And then in part 7 of the I-864 it says you only need to fill in about assets if below the threshold on part 6.

Just checking that the income Being over the threshold is enough, otherwise I’ll have to look at the assets aspect as well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.