British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Marriage Based Visas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/)
-   -   DCF Filing in Nov/Dec/Jan (https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/dcf-filing-nov-dec-jan-696908/)

Shermeen.Adam Jun 15th 2011 8:55 am

Re: DCF Filing in Nov/Dec/Jan

Originally Posted by chask (Post 9435218)
We received our case number today! Medical now scheduled for 29th June.

Best of luck to those Jan filers, things do seem to be moving!

Received notice I-130 had been filed 22 Dec 2010. RFE request 11 May 2011 (received in post on 15 May). Sent response to RFE 18 May. I-130 approved 7 June (received in post 11 June). Case Number (LND number) dated 10 June (received in post 15 June). Medical scheduled for 29 June.

That's great news and not too long to wait until your medical! Hope everything moves quickly for you :fingerscrossed:

shadowmeister Jun 15th 2011 9:14 pm

Originally Posted by chask (Post 9435218)
We received our case number today! Medical now scheduled for 29th June.

Best of luck to those Jan filers, things do seem to be moving!

Received notice I-130 had been filed 22 Dec 2010. RFE request 11 May 2011 (received in post on 15 May). Sent response to RFE 18 May. I-130 approved 7 June (received in post 11 June). Case Number (LND number) dated 10 June (received in post 15 June). Medical scheduled for 29 June.

That's great. I bet youre relieved to finally get the ball rolling again. I know we are. :thumbsup:

shadowmeister Jun 16th 2011 1:01 am

I received the Notice of approval today and curiously they sent back most of my evidence that I sent in for the RFE. It looks like everything except the affidavits.
:blink:

Shermeen.Adam Jun 16th 2011 1:04 am

Originally Posted by shadowmeister (Post 9436802)
I received the Notice of approval today and curiously they sent back most of my evidence that I sent in for the RFE. It looks like everything except the affidavits.
:blink:

I really don't understand how it all works. You get your case number before the approval, usually people wait weeks for the case number. Either way, you're on to the next step. Good luck with your medical and I hope your interview is swiftly scheduled! xx

shadowmeister Jun 16th 2011 1:19 am

Originally Posted by Shermeen.Adam (Post 9436809)
I really don't understand how it all works. You get your case number before the approval, usually people wait weeks for the case number. Either way, you're on to the next step. Good luck with your medical and I hope your interview is swiftly scheduled! xx

thanks we are writing on the cover letter for any cancellations. and we are posting the ds230 and ds2001 plus cover letter today. just so happy to be doing something besides waiting .. tomorrow i will be back to waiting ;) :) :rofl:

Shermeen.Adam Jun 16th 2011 1:21 am

Originally Posted by shadowmeister (Post 9436842)
thanks we are writing on the cover letter for any cancellations. and we are posting the ds230 and ds2001 plus cover letter today. just so happy to be doing something besides waiting .. tomorrow i will be back to waiting ;) :) :rofl:

Oh the waiting game, I know it well! :rofl:

keuning Jun 16th 2011 1:57 am

Did anybody have following experience?
I had medical 8 june.(we filed 23 rd nov). Medical results arrived 13 at the embassy and all documents where processed 15 june. Now we called them if they have the interview date. (I am waiting now in hotels,friends etc, my wife had to go back to the States). They told us: No, not yet, and it would take 2 to 3 weeks to send a letter with that interview date.....We will not get any information by calling.
Besides: This means they will not send a letter until the beginning of july with a date some 3 or 4 weeks after that?!? =Medical 8 june---interview around 24 july ?
From what I understood in these forums time between medical and interview is 3,4 sometimes 5 weeks, not 6 or 7.
Maybe I understand this wrong, can anyone tell me why this seems so different?
thanks,
D

Shermeen.Adam Jun 16th 2011 2:10 am

Originally Posted by keuning (Post 9436908)
I had medical 8 june.(we filed 23 rd nov). Medical results arrived 13 at the embassy and all documents where processed 15 june. Now we called them if they have the interview date. (I am waiting now in hotels,friends etc, my wife had to go back to the States). They told us: No, not yet, and it would take 2 to 3 weeks to send a letter with that interview date.....We will not get any information by calling.
Besides: This means they will not send a letter until the beginning of july with a date some 3 or 4 weeks after that?!? =Medical 8 june---interview around 24 july ?
From what I understood in these forums time between medical and interview is 3,4 sometimes 5 weeks, not 6 or 7.
thanks,
D

I think also from reading the forum, you will see that this process can vary wildly and is different for everyone. Of course, that doesn't help with your situation. Perhaps they are busier during the summer months?
Also, they sometimes say one thing and do another, so you're interview letter might come sooner. Good luck :fingerscrossed:

ian-mstm Jun 16th 2011 2:39 am

This is proof positive that the experiences of others can not be used to determine what your experience will be, and why it is always a bad idea to follow other people's timelines!

Ian

Lisa A Burrows Jun 16th 2011 3:10 am

Hi, are there many other people still waiting to hear the results of filing their I-130 petition besides us? we filed on the 25th of Jan!!!:huh:

oliver22 Jun 16th 2011 3:12 am

I filed on 14th Jan and no word yet

shadowmeister Jun 16th 2011 3:20 am

thanks,
D

maybe they are tired of people calling for updates all the time. joannabanana was in a situation where she was staying with someone with her small child and she got her interview very quickly. she filed around the first part of december. maybe that person was just irritable.

Lisa A Burrows Jun 16th 2011 3:23 am

[QUOTE=oliver22;9437079]I filed on 14th Jan and no word yet[/QUOTe

I just received a recorded delivery note through my door today, any chance it could my notification letter from the embassy (we aren't expecting anything else). Does the embassy send the letters recorded delivery?:)

shadowmeister Jun 16th 2011 3:35 am

thanks,
D

just curious, when did you send your DS230 and DS2001?

oliver22 Jun 16th 2011 3:56 am

Havent heard of LND numbers being recorded delivery but good luck:fingerscrossed: