British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Marriage Based Visas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/)
-   -   DCF Filing in Nov/Dec/Jan (https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/dcf-filing-nov-dec-jan-696908/)

britishspouse Jun 13th 2011 10:56 am

Re: DCF Filing in Nov/Dec/Jan

Originally Posted by Shermeen.Adam (Post 9430500)
I hope to be gone by the end of August and I filed Jan 21st. Of course, we've heard nothing either but I'm keeping the dream alive! lol! Your petition might also have been sent to Rome like some others but I'm hopeful to hear something within the next two weeks :fingerscrossed:

I've found that buying returns are cheaper that one way tickets (which hardly seems to make sense) but you can always pick a date and change it when required xx

Not atm it seems. I looked up august flights returns are at least 680 ,,, singles 410. I was going to get a return after my interview, but may just buy a single and then get return when we visit. Played around and tested a few airports too... guess august is a busy month to fly so prices are sky high atm

Shermeen.Adam Jun 13th 2011 7:01 pm

Originally Posted by britishspouse (Post 9430590)
Not atm it seems. I looked up august flights returns are at least 680 ,,, singles 410. I was going to get a return after my interview, but may just buy a single and then get return when we visit. Played around and tested a few airports too... guess august is a busy month to fly so prices are sky high atm

August is one of the most expensive time to fly because of the school holidays. I avoid that month whenever possible but if I'm approved by then my wallet will have to take the hit.

shadowmeister Jun 13th 2011 7:18 pm

Originally Posted by Shermeen.Adam (Post 9431312)
August is one of the most expensive time to fly because of the school holidays. I avoid that month whenever possible but if I'm approved by then my wallet will have to take the hit.

I agree, me and the kids are going in August and it cost a mint! But if you have to get the kids in school you are kind of stuck! :thumbdown:

classicmds Jun 13th 2011 10:56 pm

Status update for everyone's info:

Received invitation to interview for 14th July last Tuesday (7th June)

[Previous dates: case number received on Saturday 7 May; originally filled I-130 on 22 November 2010, I-130 approved on 19 April 2011, medical: 26th May]

Just thinking about booking transport back home: it seems most people with a 9am appointment are done by middayish, but does anyone have an idea the last possible time you could be in Embassy until - i.e. what time do they turn the lights out in the evening?!

chask Jun 14th 2011 12:53 am

Hello everyone, first many thanks to those who replied to my recent questions, much appreciated for the info and advice!

And congrats to those who've received good news recently, much needed optimism for the rest of us!

We got our I-130 approval this past Saturday, with the letter dated 7th June. Now we're waiting for the case number, which our letter says will be within next 3 weeks. I'll keep you posted when we get that.

Received notice I-130 had been filed 22 Dec 2010. RFE request on 11 May 2011 (received in post on 15 May). Sent response to RFE 20 May. I-130 approval 7 June 2011 (received in post 11 June). Currently awaiting case number.

Qube Jun 14th 2011 10:31 pm

Had my medical yesterday so that just leaves the interview! Hopefully I'll find out when that is soon.

shadowmeister Jun 15th 2011 12:50 am

We just received the letter with the case number on it today. My husband has scheduled his medical for July 4th.
I guess this letter beat the approval letter?
Also this letter says
..an appointment for your visa interview will not be scheduled unless we are in receipt of forms, DS-230 Part I/II, checklist DS-2001, and .....

I had thought that only part I was mailed in? Obviously I will be mailing in both parts as it instructs me to do that in the letter!

Just excited for us to finally get the approval!!! :rofl:

nancyo Jun 15th 2011 1:49 am

I emailed USCIS London last night asking if my petition had been lost since website stated they were processing petitions 3 weeks after mine (24 Jan). They responded this morning stating it was approved June 9th & I should receive letter this week. The wheels are moving...!

oliver22 Jun 15th 2011 2:33 am

Great news Nancyo, what date did they file your I130, as I filed mine Jan 14th and still waiting to hear

nancyo Jun 15th 2011 5:51 am

Originally Posted by oliver22 (Post 9434528)
Great news Nancyo, what date did they file your I130, as I filed mine Jan 14th and still waiting to hear

24 Jan

Shermeen.Adam Jun 15th 2011 7:09 am

Oliver22 I guess its just you and me! lol! This whole process is so crazy I've just taken to laughing else I might go insane!

oliver22 Jun 15th 2011 7:29 am

Yes it does seem like all other January and early Feb fillers have been done, and here I was thinking they would process based on when the petitions were filed

nancyo Jun 15th 2011 8:18 am

I bet all us Jan filers get approval letters soon. I suspect (based on limited facts!) they sent a bunch of petitions to Rome for processing and just got them all back.

chask Jun 15th 2011 8:27 am

We received our case number today! Medical now scheduled for 29th June.

Best of luck to those Jan filers, things do seem to be moving!

Received notice I-130 had been filed 22 Dec 2010. RFE request 11 May 2011 (received in post on 15 May). Sent response to RFE 18 May. I-130 approved 7 June (received in post 11 June). Case Number (LND number) dated 10 June (received in post 15 June). Medical scheduled for 29 June.

oliver22 Jun 15th 2011 8:53 am

Congrats Chask, I hope its smooth sailing from here on in:thumbsup: